Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201880 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#160303 Sep 22, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it is funny at all. I think it is obscene to explain the mechanics of a gay relationship to a 6 year old. If you check, you might find that marriage existed before the creation of any states or the federal government. It is exactly about the money and privileges granted. Tolerance is not a taught concept, it is a matter of acceptance, and we normal people refuse to take gays seriously, as the whole image of gays is instinctively frowned upon. Leave our kids alone and they will single out f*gs for denial and contempt all on their own, without any hesitation. I am surprised that you are married to a woman and defending the f*gs, unless you are also a woman.
LOL. Yeah, Einstein, Rose TH is a woman.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#160304 Sep 22, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The BUYBULL is NOT an historical record
2. I do NOT believe that man is a fallen creature... that's christian only malarky.
Mona Lott.

Yes. The difference is great. Whereas the Christian recognizes himself to be a fallen creature, he aspires to the higher. The Godless "Liberal", on the other hand, is perfectly content to wallow in the mud of ignorance and shame. As the Bible puts it:

"The vile person shall be no more called liberal, nor the churl said to be bountiful." (Isaiah 32:5)

"For the vile person will speak villany, and his heart will work iniquity, to practise hypocrisy, and to utter error against the LORD, to make empty the soul of the hungry, and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail." (Isaiah 32:6)

"The instruments also of the churl are evil: he deviseth wicked devices to destroy the poor with lying words, even when the needy speaketh right." (Isaiah 32:7)

"But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand." (Isaiah 32:8)

"Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." (2 Timothy 3:5)

Ronald

Since: Aug 12

Waverly, TN

#160305 Sep 22, 2012
Fact : gays will go away because of infertility else we wouldn't have gays

Fact: the Christian god is much older then the bronze age

Fact : there both trolls

Panorama City, CA

#160306 Sep 22, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona Lott.
Yes. The difference is great. Whereas the Christian recognizes himself to be a fallen creature, he aspires to the higher. The Godless "Liberal", on the other hand, is perfectly content to wallow in the mud of ignorance and shame. As the Bible puts it:
"The vile person shall be no more called liberal, nor the churl said to be bountiful." (Isaiah 32:5)
"For the vile person will speak villany, and his heart will work iniquity, to practise hypocrisy, and to utter error against the LORD, to make empty the soul of the hungry, and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail." (Isaiah 32:6)
"The instruments also of the churl are evil: he deviseth wicked devices to destroy the poor with lying words, even when the needy speaketh right." (Isaiah 32:7)
"But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand." (Isaiah 32:8)
"Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." (2 Timothy 3:5)
Ronald
The Buy-bull indicates the earth is flat. Do you believe the earth is flat?
SpongeBob

Fresh Meadows, NY

#160307 Sep 22, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
A religious ceremony is exactly what marriage is. FACT. It was created to join a man and a woman in the eyes of God. Fact. Science shows that a single gender relationship is doomed to sterility and extinction. Fact. Bupkes ? Is that a technical term .....
Hey, I just looked it up....

Marriage has historically occurred to join two people and two families. In many cultures, it's more of a business transaction than being about love and commitment.

Regardless of why a marriage occurs, it is ultimately the legal union of two people.

The wedding ceremony is often based on religious belief and practice, but marriage itself is a civil institution.

Same-sex couples simply want the right to have the legal protections that opposite sex couples take for granted.

There are 1,138 rights that same-sex couples don't currently have - including filing joint taxes, the right to visit and make medical decisions for a partner, receiving Social Security when a partner dies, and not being penalized by taxes when we inherit something from our partner.

So, I think homos should have the right to be married because they are citizens, pay taxes and should have the same rights as other American citizens, and should not be judged by religious values as opposed to Constitutional rights.

I just figured I'd add my 25 cents to this controversy. When you say it's a "fact" that's only your "religious belief" talking, not a fact of rights as a citizen. You can't use the Bible as any back up to your argument because the Bible allowed for slavery and wife beating, and lots of things that are against American law. You can only use the Bible for your PERSONAL beliefs, not to "make laws" for other people.

Just sayin....

Waverly, TN

#160309 Sep 22, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>The Buy-bull indicates the earth is flat. Do you believe the earth is flat?
no it doesn't

Waverly, TN

#160310 Sep 22, 2012
I don't want my kids watching gay people on tv so I monitor what if any t they watch this is called parenting I also want them to learn the truth so I will teach them this is also parenting
Bootbox

West Covina, CA

#160311 Sep 22, 2012
No sun shine is too good for Willard Mitt Romney.

motherjones.com
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#160312 Sep 22, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Buy-bull indicates the earth is flat. Do you believe the earth is flat?
Rose_NoHo.

I was taught in Government school that the earth is spherical. My high paid taxpayer supported Government teacher agents were never able to satisfactorily answer why - if that is true - why the Chinamen and the Australians do not fall off. Are you a card carrying member of the cult of the round earth?

Ronald

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#160313 Sep 22, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, kids are a helluva a lot more accepting and tolerant than parents are.......sucks to be you......lol!!!
I am a woman who is legally married to my wife and even if I were straight, which I'm not......I'd still defend the right to marry for Gays and Lesbians because they are American Citizens and deserve the same right to marry the person they choose......just like I was able to and you were able to, if you are married!!!!
How many times do I have to point out to you that redumdant genders cannot be married. Doesn't matter who says you are, it's just plain impossible! They don't fit physically and they simply duplicate everything.

Marriage through history, in every culture has been diverse genders reunited as one with the ponderous propensity to produce human fruit. The sole birthplace of every single other human relationship in existence.

That union hails back to our evolutionary birthplace of simple genderless life. Between there and here, millions of years refined the survival of the fittest to be male and female. Rn & El are clearly genetic defects in deep denial.

Bazinga!
SpongeBob

Fresh Meadows, NY

#160314 Sep 22, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is obscene to explain the mechanics of a gay relationship to a 6 year old. If you check, you might find that marriage existed before the creation of any states or the federal government. It is exactly about the money and privileges granted.
Why would you want to explain "the mechanics of a gay" OR a straight relationship to a six yr old?

And...BEFORE marriage existed...what do you think happened? Cave man love maybe? Harems?

Or are you going to mention a talking snake?(which would be part of YOUR belief system)

Location hidden

#160315 Sep 22, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
apologizing is a violation of free speech, eh??????? Mkay......
Apologizing is imposing religion on our nation, eh?????? Mkay.....
You get stupider every day.
Go ahead, exercise your free speech and freedom from religion.

Burn a Qur'an, tell them you are a gay atheist and post it on YouTube.

Bazinga!
Srick

West Covina, CA

#160316 Sep 22, 2012
More joy than a stick could handle.

motherjones.com

Panorama City, CA

#160317 Sep 22, 2012
Gods shoeshine wrote:
I don't want my kids watching gay people on tv so I monitor what if any t they watch this is called parenting I also want them to learn the truth so I will teach them this is also parenting
What would you do if one of your kids turns out to be gay?

Location hidden

#160318 Sep 22, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's neither, you stupid troll.
<quoted text>
I have no desire to do either. It's a freedom thing.
More denial.

You know it's chicken shit masquerading as BS.

Bazinga!

Panorama City, CA

#160319 Sep 22, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
I was taught in Government school that the earth is spherical. My high paid taxpayer supported Government teacher agents were never able to satisfactorily answer why - if that is true - why the Chinamen and the Australians do not fall off. Are you a card carrying member of the cult of the round earth?
Ronald
Poe's Law...
Penters

West Covina, CA

#160320 Sep 22, 2012
King Willard is studying a speech he will give today, about how Obama is out of touch with the American people.

motherjones.com

Panorama City, CA

#160321 Sep 22, 2012
Gods shoeshine wrote:
<quoted text>
no it doesn't
Yes it does.
"It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:" Isaiah 40:22
A circle is flat. And the heavens are in no way like a curtain, they virtually 100% empty space. But I am willing to let that one go, poetic license...

However, at one point Satan takes Jesus to the top of a mountain and shows him *all* the kingdoms of earth. That would only be possible if the earth is flat.

Panorama City, CA

#160322 Sep 22, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
More denial.
You know it's chicken shit masquerading as BS.
Denial?
I have no desire to burn a Quran. Nor draw a pic of Mohammad.
However, you are free to.
Have at it, troll.
crowns

West Covina, CA

#160323 Sep 22, 2012
'So You Think You Can Dance' Crowns Season 9 Champs

motherjones.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Grand Terrace Metrolink Station 8 hr GRAND TERRACE MET... 16
12667 Michigan St. Grand Terrace, CA 92313 9 hr GRAND TERRACE NEW... 21
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr LMFAO phart 34,230
Review: Wilden Pump & Engineering 10 hr GRAND TERRACE WIL... 1
Review: Grand Terrace High School 10 hr GRAND TERRACE HIGH 1
Review: City of Grand Terrace 10 hr GRAND TERRACE CAL... 1
Review: Disability Matters Sep 21 DISABILITY MATTERS 2

Highland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Highland Mortgages