More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.
Comments
6,981 - 7,000 of 9,791 Comments Last updated 23 hrs ago

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Who do you listen to?
I refer you to post #7450 for the answer to that.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I refer you to post #7450 for the answer to that.
Well you should be retired now if you take his advice!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Over 30,000 hawks flying south overhead today!! Just a few blackbirds. There are more to come, I'm sure.
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php...

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Well you should be retired now if you take his advice!
Why would you say that? You never listened to him?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

<quoted text>
Why would you say that? You never listened to him?
I seen the con artist on TV before.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I seen the con artist on TV before.
<rolls eyes>
signs off.
Macho Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

In the beginning I felt the same as you Churm, until a Rodeo buddy invited me to a LGBT party in Houston. Everyone there was nice. My macho chauvinism was quickly weakened when I saw a tall and tan Cowboy standing next to the jukeboxes. My eyes were quickly drawn towards his crotch. His penis was large and thick as it protruded it shape inside of his Levis. Two massive ornaments complemented his jeans, as his Penis cascade down his inner thigh. From that moment on, I knew I was GAY. Churm, I want you to experience that magical moment that I had that night. It was truly a beautiful thing. We don’t have to rush. Lets start slow and become friends before we make love and shoot blackbirds. Waco 1954
Life is Gay

Maumelle, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
We took 12 white winged dove yesterday we are going to grill up a mess of them for the football games today!
How could you Warrior? Doves mate for a lifetime. You are insensitive and a cold blood killer. You and Churm should be ashamed of yourselves. I can't wait for me and husband to move to Cali from you heterosexual animals.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Life is Gay wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you Warrior? Doves mate for a lifetime. You are insensitive and a cold blood killer. You and Churm should be ashamed of yourselves. I can't wait for me and husband to move to Cali from you heterosexual animals.
How could I? Well with dove I have learned that you have to be quick and lead them just a little!
dinner

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

okay everyone, i sense a little tension. time for a group hug! i love you all! i really really do!!!!!!!!!!
just

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

wow
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

This thread has gone all to s--t!
Just Curious

Maumelle, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Churmudgeon wrote:
This thread has gone all to s--t!
Like it or not. Good or bad. My fault, your fault, the governments fault, nobodys fault, Karmas a real bitch. What goes around comes around. Next time try keeping the forum positive without innuendoes and name calling. I think you were quoted saying, "It's all fun" not when the shoe is on the foot is it Chummy! Just saying. Cheers.....Now lets get back to the Topix of Black Birds, what say you?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Just Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it or not. Good or bad. My fault, your fault, the governments fault, nobodys fault, Karmas a real bitch. What goes around comes around. Next time try keeping the forum positive without innuendoes and name calling. I think you were quoted saying, "It's all fun" not when the shoe is on the foot is it Chummy! Just saying. Cheers.....Now lets get back to the Topix of Black Birds, what say you?
Blackbirds are pretty scarce up here at the moment. I'm sure they are gathering in huge flocks somewhere in the state and planning the route they will take to Arkansas. But I am happy to report I still have a hummingbird today.
BIG TALK

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

<quoted text>
Blackbirds are pretty scarce up here at the moment. I'm sure they are gathering in huge flocks somewhere in the state and planning the route they will take to Arkansas. But I am happy to report I still have a hummingbird today.
Birds don't gather and plan. That is so stupid.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

BIG TALK wrote:
<quoted text>Birds don't gather and plan. That is so stupid.
Birds don't gather? I beg to differ. This is indeed a gathering of birds. And without a good plan, how would they have found their way to Beebe?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
BIG TALK

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Birds don't gather? I beg to differ. This is indeed a gathering of birds. And without a good plan, how would they have found their way to Beebe?
You're stupid. Birds don't plan. They don't file a flight plan, they don't talk to each other and say hey we need to go this way at this time at this height. You have a bird brain.
Old Army

Bee Branch, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
They made the wrong turn at Bald Knob, it got dark, they had to land at Beebe and wait til daylight to adjust their plan.

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Added comments

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Old Army wouldn't know a right turn from a wrong one...I'm surprised he didn't have some sort of vulgar statement.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Highland Discussions

Search the Highland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Young adult hangout in Hardy 26 min Nick 10
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 15 hr fyi 28,991
Dollar General or Freds? 16 hr always two sides 4
AR Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Arkansas ... (Oct '10) 17 hr heather 1,763
Crawbar Russell 22 hr guest3 7
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 23 hr cathyjudy 828
Kia Kima! Thu squeezers 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Highland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Highland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE