Gilchrist fly-in community sought

Mar 6, 2008 Full story: Gainesville.com

“That is a word that makes it seem like you're putting this metropolis out there”

Gilchrist fly-in community sought By NATHAN CRABBE Sun staff writer An aviation community proposed at the Alachua and Gilchrist county line would include 624 residences built around a runway, allowing residents ... via Gainesville.com

Full Story
Pepper

United States

#1 Mar 23, 2008
Put it In G'ville.... we dont want it here
Dr J

Gainesville, FL

#2 Apr 12, 2008
Great, I want it in Gainesville too!
Beverly

Gainesville, FL

#3 Aug 17, 2008
With lagging real estate prices, I would welcome ANY development that would increase my (newer) home's value. The value of our home soared just after we built it, but in the last year has taken a nose dive.

Trenton WILL become developed - it's just a matter of time, especially with it being rated the 3rd fastest growing county in the state two years in a row. It's not about whether we want development, at this point...it's about what KIND of development we want?

So my question to you, Pepper, is this: What kind of development do YOU want? If you'd rather have lower-priced neighborhoods and fast food joints heading this way from Gainesville, then that would be a poor choice if you value the standards in this community thus far. If you want people who appreciate the land, affluent people who can AFFORD to live (and subsequently spend their MONEY here), then welcoming this sort of development with open arms might be the better choice.
jason

United States

#4 Sep 1, 2008
first of all I don't know why this thing says "williston",I live in "trenton".
I LOVE THE IDEA OF A FLY-IN,esspecialy if I get to jump out of a few of the planes!!
trenton needs an injection of new economy.
The biggest obstacles are back asswards redneck ways of thinking and church.
people here think they can throw up a bible and it makes them right and everyone else wrong.
but I do agree with them about the idea of new out of towners,they have this mentality that they can come in spend too much money for thier houses and that will give them the right to change the area around them,what they fail to realize is that the area the way it is,Is the reason they buy there in the first place.
I love any and all aircraft and welcome them to the area,and I'm waiting to jump!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 2 hr Real Person 2,482
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 11 hr Anne 96,430
frey farms Sep 12 legit 1
Town council comedy hour (Feb '14) Sep 9 Movecrooks 31
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Sep 8 Liberal forever 2,972
Review: Belly Busters Sep 6 trixter62 5
Timber Village moblie home park in Worthing Spr... (Aug '07) Sep 4 fan 202
•••
•••
•••

High Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

High Springs People Search