Time to save Holloman, High Rolls sch...

Time to save Holloman, High Rolls schools

There are 62 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Jul 10, 2009, titled Time to save Holloman, High Rolls schools. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

On Thursday, June 25, I attended the school board meeting addressing the closing of High Rolls Mountain Park and Holloman Middle School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Kathie M

Albuquerque, NM

#62 Jul 15, 2009
JMH wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the local board policy or a state policy. It is my understanding after talking to folks that a school district (board) can not close schools without a plan presented and approved by PED.
As for evaluating the superintendant, the board hired him. Can he do wrong? Is it true they renewed his contract for two more years?
I don't know - just telling you what I found on the website. I believe you are right about PED having to approve a school closing - but if they had gone ahead and voted to do it I doubt that the PED would look beyond the fact the Harris recommended it and the board approved it. I also don't know about a contract renewal - gosh I hope not!

There are a lot of questions that need answers. We need to demand accountability.
MeV

Alamogordo, NM

#63 Jul 15, 2009
Teacher wrote:
Don't get too excited. Now that the schools are being left open, the punishment begins. The Holloman Elementary principal is getting moved to North School and the Holloman Middle School principal is now going to be expected to be principal to both schools. The Middle School was a fulltime job for her...where in the world is she going to find time for the Elementary school? The Primary and Intermediate schools have had to share the same principal for the last several years, which didn't work by the way, and now when the schools are joining together they have to go back to sharing a principal again. Geez!

OMG when will the whining stop!!! There have got to be less kids in those combined schools that at some of the elementary schools in town. The schools will be left open BE HAPPY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High Rolls Mountain Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Ever Happened To Ralph? 3 hr Word On The Street 8
Movie Hillary Banned 4 hr Shark Attack 2
IHOP Racist to Whites (Apr '14) 5 hr Just Another Guy 14
8 levels of control 6 hr Ralph 14
Today's Joke 6 hr Ralph 52
White Ohio Police Officer Indicted For Murder o... 10 hr The Ralphmocker 6
Heard A Great Line Today 11 hr The Ralphmocker 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

High Rolls Mountain Park Mortgages