No QOL funds for Plaza Pub, city says

No QOL funds for Plaza Pub, city says

There are 10 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Dec 5, 2012, titled No QOL funds for Plaza Pub, city says. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

A member of the Tularosa Basin Historical Society made a pitch to the Alamogordo City Commission on Tuesday for money from the city's quality-of-life fund to help renovate the Plaza building but was immediately shot down on legal grounds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

Yup

United States

#1 Dec 6, 2012
How hard is it to remove asbestos? Don't see why volunteers can't be working in there. They have mask on there face.

“Our nearest star”

Since: May 09

Alamogordo, NM

#2 Dec 6, 2012
Yup wrote:
How hard is it to remove asbestos? Don't see why volunteers can't be working in there. They have mask on there face.
Volunteers have been working in there.
hmmmm

Los Lunas, NM

#3 Dec 6, 2012
A paper mask doesn't count, also I heard that children were working in there too. Not cool.
Hearsay is just that

Alamogordo, NM

#4 Dec 6, 2012
hmmmm wrote:
A paper mask doesn't count, also I heard that children were working in there too. Not cool.
You shouldnt spread rumors when you dont know what the hell you are talking about.
hmmmm

Los Lunas, NM

#5 Dec 6, 2012
A child is defined as being up to 18 years old. So you are telling me that there were no teenagers working there? The report also stated that there was asbestos and lead found in that building. Was everyone wearing respirators and not paper masks? I doubt it seriously. Asbestos is a problem that should be taken seriously.
Quit spreading falsehoods

Alamogordo, NM

#6 Dec 6, 2012
hmmmm wrote:
A child is defined as being up to 18 years old. So you are telling me that there were no teenagers working there? The report also stated that there was asbestos and lead found in that building. Was everyone wearing respirators and not paper masks? I doubt it seriously. Asbestos is a problem that should be taken seriously.
Maybe you should go see for yourself next time they are working on it. That will be December 15. Until you see and know the truth for yourself, shut up.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#7 Dec 6, 2012
The County wanted the building, They got it, Now let the county fix it up, or give it back to the city..

If County Commissioners had tighter purse strings, there would be more $$$$$ for the building renovations.

Asbestos requires more safety measures than a paper mask or a respirator with disposable canisters.

Now has the the County Environmental Division inspected this building yet for hazardous material and safety precautions dealing with any hazards previously identified????
Yup

Scottsdale, AZ

#8 Dec 7, 2012
A nice pub/museum could be worth mesothelioma?

Since: Oct 08

#9 Dec 8, 2012
how the museum is a quality of life item is moronic. If they need money go out and raise it the old fashion way..stop bleeding the tax payers for something 90% don't care about.
No skatepark needed

Alamogordo, NM

#10 Dec 8, 2012
Skuttlebutt wrote:
how the museum is a quality of life item is moronic. If they need money go out and raise it the old fashion way..stop bleeding the tax payers for something 90% don't care about.
I can say the same about a skatepark. We already have one that the skaters do not use.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High Rolls Mountain Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary just HUSH 6 min Dittoe 572
Serious Question 35 min Dittoe 200
Schumer: Negotiating with Trump 'like negotiati... 50 min Dittoe 4
Most Admired 51 min Tinman 212
I Listened... (May '17) 57 min Dittoe 986
To Err is Human to Really Screw Things up you n... 1 hr tinman 6
Philisophically Speaking 1 hr Dittoe 60

High Rolls Mountain Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance