The 12th Judicial District Attorney's...

The 12th Judicial District Attorney's Office has charged Cheryl Ackerley

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
News

Alamogordo, NM

#1 May 10, 2012
http://www.alamogordonews.com/ci_20589320/ack...

The 12th Judicial District Attorney's Office has charged Cheryl Ackerly with seven counts of misdemeanor cruelty to animals.

The New Mexico Livestock Board, with the assistance of the Otero County Sheriff's Office, seized May 2 seven of Ackerly's horses because she allegedly did not provide proper care and feed for them.

At the time Sheriff Benny House said NMLB and the sheriff's office started an investigation after receiving a complaint about the horses, as well as a dog, on the property.

"We investigated the complaint on the dog and cleared that complaint," he said at the time. "We learned of the livestock (horses) investigation by the NMLB. We assisted NMLB and their follow-up. As a result of the investigation through their veterinary office, we determined seven of the horses on the property had several infections and conditions that were construed as neglect or abuse."

According to NMCourts.gov , a May 24 civil hearing is scheduled in 12th Judicial District Court to determine if the horses will be returned to Ackerly. For now, the horses have been moved to a farm until a judge determines whether the horses will be returned to Ackerly.

But now Ackerly faces a criminal hearing on the seven misdemeanor charges filed in District Court.

According to 12th Judicial District Court records, Ackerly allegedly negligently mistreated and failed to provide necessary sustenance resulting in the horses being malnourished.

On May 2,
Advertisement
Ackerly said she had 48 horses on five acres of land.

She said she had rescued five of the horses.

Ackerly said she believed she was targeted because she is not officially a horse rescue.

According to New Mexico state statute, the maximum sentence for misdemeanor cruelty to animals failing to provide necessary sustenance resulting in malnourishment is between six months and one year in jail with a fine between $500 and $1,000 on each violation.
News

Alamogordo, NM

#2 May 10, 2012
7 counts and she still says she is innocent. Amazing.
John

Alamogordo, NM

#3 May 10, 2012
Because she is!!
MAJOR Sockpuppeting

Alamogordo, NM

#4 May 10, 2012
John wrote:
Because she is!!
Another one of Cheryl's sockpuppets.
Wondering

United States

#5 May 10, 2012
just to be fair to everyone, what are the exact rules for equines in Otereo County? what provisions have to be provided? how many horses can a person have per acre? how often do they have to see a vet? what proof does a person have to provide?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#7 May 10, 2012
ribs showing on a horse is neglect...

Horses that have very little room to turn around is neglect.

Digging 2 feet thru manure in a horses area to find the ground is neglect.
MAJOR Sockpuppeting

Alamogordo, NM

#8 May 11, 2012
Wondering wrote:
just to be fair to everyone, what are the exact rules for equines in Otereo County? what provisions have to be provided? how many horses can a person have per acre? how often do they have to see a vet? what proof does a person have to provide?
If you want to do the research, try here and let us know: http://nmlbonline.com/
News

Alamogordo, NM

#9 May 11, 2012
John wrote:
Because she is!!
You've got to be kidding.... The court is RIGHT!

She is mentally unstable. She does need psychiatric help with her hoarding and pig pen lifestyle. You obviously DO NOT know her.
News

Alamogordo, NM

#10 May 11, 2012
MAJOR Sockpuppeting wrote:
<quoted text>
Another one of Cheryl's sockpuppets.
Yep
what

Alamogordo, NM

#11 May 13, 2012
How can she be a rescue if shes breeding those horses?
YeeHaw

Alamogordo, NM

#12 May 13, 2012
what wrote:
How can she be a rescue if shes breeding those horses?
She's NOT a rescue, only in her mind. A horse farm has to meet very stringent guidelines and go through a rigorous screening process to be considered an official state horse rescue farm. Cheryl would never meet those guidelines even on her best day. And one thing that's funny if she is actually breeding them is that her supporters who are against slaughter houses typically are against breeding the animals in the first place. But since they are giving Cheryl a BIG pass, that just means they are all a bunch of HYPOCRITES. They need to be jumping all over her case as well, not trying to stick up for her.
john p

Carlsbad, NM

#13 May 13, 2012
is the roswell horse slaughter house up and running?

we need it!!!!!
Thomas

Alamogordo, NM

#14 May 17, 2012
News wrote:
7 counts and she still says she is innocent. Amazing.
very doubtful for the length of time this has been going on.
Thomas

Alamogordo, NM

#15 May 17, 2012
John wrote:
Because she is!!
ROFLMAO and the supidity.
Thomas

Alamogordo, NM

#16 May 17, 2012
News wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep
double Yep
Thomas

Alamogordo, NM

#17 May 17, 2012
YeeHaw wrote:
<quoted text>
She's NOT a rescue, only in her mind. A horse farm has to meet very stringent guidelines and go through a rigorous screening process to be considered an official state horse rescue farm. Cheryl would never meet those guidelines even on her best day. And one thing that's funny if she is actually breeding them is that her supporters who are against slaughter houses typically are against breeding the animals in the first place. But since they are giving Cheryl a BIG pass, that just means they are all a bunch of HYPOCRITES. They need to be jumping all over her case as well, not trying to stick up for her.
Exactly!
jhonny

Alamogordo, NM

#19 Sep 9, 2012
I disagree! Cheryls horses have been on the news and they looked good! Nothing wrong with those horses at all just a harasser who has nothing else to do but pick on cheryl and her family. You should be ashamed of yourself! Cheryls horses have never been abused, neglected in any way. I live up the road from her and they are all fine looking horses. This is all the DA's operation because of horse slaughter issues. The DA is a corrupt organization!
jhonny

Alamogordo, NM

#20 Sep 9, 2012
Its very easy to become a rescue establishment! Cheryl is on it to establish it.
Just 2 let you noobs know

Alamogordo, NM

#21 Sep 9, 2012
jhonny wrote:
I disagree! Cheryls horses have been on the news and they looked good! Nothing wrong with those horses at all just a harasser who has nothing else to do but pick on cheryl and her family. You should be ashamed of yourself! Cheryls horses have never been abused, neglected in any way. I live up the road from her and they are all fine looking horses. This is all the DA's operation because of horse slaughter issues. The DA is a corrupt organization!
Horses hooves should never ever grow over or under it's foot NOOB
ABC

Alamogordo, NM

#22 Sep 9, 2012
Nor should they have infections, be lame, and be skin and bone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High Rolls Mountain Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Overnight We Became a Monarchy 2 hr Drain 24
Without Democrat Support 2 hr yeah 32
Trump is smashing Isis 3 hr yeah 4
Sanctuary cities 3 hr More 8
Time to pay your BO fine 11 hr Ralph 13
read Alamogordo News about 6.8 million stollen 12 hr Good Luck 4
Quotes from famous people. 16 hr Ralph 68

High Rolls Mountain Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

High Rolls Mountain Park Mortgages