Mountain school, a community treasure

Mountain school, a community treasure

There are 4 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Apr 11, 2010, titled Mountain school, a community treasure. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

The first school in High Rolls-Mountain Park was a log cabin built for schooling families of permanent settlers to the area, probably in about 1889.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

Ellen Wedum

Ruidoso, NM

#1 Apr 11, 2010
I think the High Rolls-Mountain Park school should become a part of the Cloudcroft school district. It is more in tune with the mountains than the flatlands. Then the graduates could continue in the small-school tradition, which is also observed in Cloudcroft.
House of Critters

Ruidoso, NM

#2 Apr 11, 2010
What happened to the last small school that was added to Cloudcroft's district?
Novice

La Luz, NM

#3 Apr 12, 2010
House of Critters wrote:
What happened to the last small school that was added to Cloudcroft's district?
I believe that they go all the way to Artesia for school. I also live in the mountains near High Rolls and have gotten the feeling from people in Cloudcroft that we are the poor relations. More than once I have hear, "Oh your live down in High Rolls." as if it is the "wrong side of the tracks."
DOOD

Ruidoso, NM

#4 Apr 12, 2010
Novice wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that they go all the way to Artesia for school. I also live in the mountains near High Rolls and have gotten the feeling from people in Cloudcroft that we are the poor relations. More than once I have hear, "Oh your live down in High Rolls." as if it is the "wrong side of the tracks."
I do not think it is about being from High Rolls. I think it is more about being in the right click. I am not sure how it works but if you are not related or in the right crowd you are treated the same way. BTW, Cloudcroft can't handle thier own problems, why would you wish this incompetence on the children of High Rolls?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High Rolls Mountain Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary's Busted 42 min Pragmatist 3
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 42 min Felisha 6,885
Please, Before YOu Vote, You Need to Remember 47 min Why 34
Where is the flag ? 53 min So one 13
Who built the white house? 1 hr Read 18
Russia to U.S., Trump: Sort out your own pre-el... 1 hr And 1
Blusterer in Chief 1 hr And 58

High Rolls Mountain Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance