Photographs of Higginsville

Photographs of Higginsville

Posted in the Higginsville Forum

Stanley Wertheim

Miami Beach, FL

#1 Apr 2, 2010
As a teenager, from the age of 13 through 16 (1944-1947), I spent summers with relatives (by marriage) in Higginsville. I have never ceased to look back with fondness on those Tom Sawyer years. The people I stayed with were named Levey (sp?) and they had a clothing store on Main Street. Their son, Paul, was about a year younger than I was. He had a sister named Sue, who married a cousin of my mothers.

I wonder if there are any photographs of Main Street in those days that are available. I am of course also interested in what the town looks like today. Is there anyone who remembers the Leveys, or perhaps remembers me?

Stanley Wertheim

warburg2[email protected]
Mike

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Apr 20, 2010
The old depot has been made into a city museum that may have some of the pictures you seek. In addition, there are more photos and information at City Hall.
thrx

Lenexa, KS

#3 Aug 20, 2011
google image search "higginsville" mo for starters, yes try the depot (historical society)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Higginsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hooker Patrol Oct 11 Laura 2
Higginsville Police and Lafayette County Sherif... Aug '17 I see it all 3
charlene (Jun '16) Jul '17 Cockdick Malone 3
News Troopers make drug arrests in Lafayette County (Oct '15) May '17 Just curious 2
News Vietnam veteran gone, but not forgotten - (Feb '17) Feb '17 GeezerGrunt 1
Old school higginsville (Oct '15) Dec '16 Lisa 9
The Police and The Hooker Patrol (Jan '16) Jan '16 Boogaloo 1

Higginsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Higginsville Mortgages