Higbee Fair next week 8/13 - 8/17

Higbee Fair next week 8/13 - 8/17

Posted in the Higbee Forum

Info

United States

#1 Aug 7, 2008
Schedules at Casey's and some information on individual events too.

Schedule and submission form on HCBA website.

Beer Nuts to play on Friday night 8/15, free of charge.

Beer Garden open 8/14 - 8/16, come see us for a cold one.

Carnival advance arm bands on sale $13.00 now or $15.00 day of. Wed., Thurs. & Sat. afternoons for arm bands.

Lots of bikes and other neat stuff to give away at bike show.

Baby Show open to Rand. & Howard counties.

Lots of food booths this year.

Over 30 crafters/flea marketers/rummage sale tables and farmers markets booths that are free of charge to set up.

Parade and car show on Saturday 8/16.

Parent Child trivia game on Wed. 8/13 after talent show and Hannah Montana contest.

Teen Dance on Thursday 8/14.

Gospel sing on Saturday evening.

Lots to do!!
that one girl

Paramus, NJ

#2 Aug 8, 2008
is the armband thing on saturday a mistake? i did not see it on the schedule over at the hcba site.
Rebecca

San Antonio, TX

#3 Aug 9, 2008
No Saturday is not a mistake. The carnival will run on Saturday as posted from noon to midnight. The armbands are good for only 1-6 though. Thanks for letting us know!
that one girl

Paramus, NJ

#4 Aug 10, 2008
thanks so much. Makes it easier to plan and save money :-)
freetheballfield

United States

#5 Aug 12, 2008
I am still boycotting the fair untill the ballfield is handed over to the school!
wow people

Bristol, RI

#6 Aug 12, 2008
then don't go!
So what

United States

#7 Aug 12, 2008
I don't want to be around people like you at the fair anyways! Stay at home and sulk. There will be tons of people there to make up for your little no show. We won't miss you.
attention

United States

#8 Aug 12, 2008
salute our heroes
freetheballfield

United States

#9 Aug 12, 2008
bla bla bal, same old bullsh#t Bunch of you get up on your high-horse, like a year ago at the HCBA meeting where just about everyone showed up, but when it comes time to take a stand, most of you say, oh I will go to the fair anyway, WHY!

Lets all go to the beer garden and have a fight!

local

Independence, MO

#10 Aug 12, 2008
So why are you letting the out of towners set up for free, but not the locals? That's messed up!

I also heard you guys are doing free bingo, is that right?
Rebecca

San Antonio, TX

#11 Aug 12, 2008
local wrote:
So why are you letting the out of towners set up for free, but not the locals? That's messed up!
I also heard you guys are doing free bingo, is that right?
Your message doesn't make sense. I would like to know who is setting up for free while you cannot. As far as I know the only booths paying fees are the food vendors. Craft booths, garage sales, and flea markets get to set up for free. I have space set up for all to come. Just call me, my number is on our website hcbahigbeefair.com . We do ask that we get a donation from vendors, but it is not required. Please see our website for more info.

Thanks!
Info

United States

#12 Aug 13, 2008
For the bingo, it is a requested donation of $10 for 20 games of bingo. Great prizes including a digital camera, Branson tickets,$25 gift cert. to CC Sawyers and much more.

Come join us on Saturday!!
Confused

United States

#13 Aug 13, 2008
So technically bingo is free then if you are only REQUESTING a donation, right?

"We do ask that we get a donation from vendors, but it is not required."
Which vendors are you not requiring to pay? I was under the impression that you let the Booster Club set up for free last year, is that wrong?
lets go

United States

#14 Aug 13, 2008
lets all play bingo and listen to the beer nuts
Info

United States

#15 Aug 14, 2008
The Booster Club pays the food booth fee of $150 to help HCBA out before the fair starts then it is returned to them after the fair is over.

The crafters/flea markets/rummage salers/farmers market booths we asked for a $5 gift cert. to their booth or a $5 gift cert. of a food or Wal-Mart coupon so they could be used for kids prizes.

Hope that clears it up.
Rain or Shine

United States

#16 Aug 14, 2008
We will move as many activities under tents and shelter houses in case of rain. Nothing will be cancelled unless it is impossible to put under a tent. Street Dances will be decided each night depending on how hard it is raining. Baby show is a go. Everything tonight is a go. Come drink a beer in the beer garden. Truck is on it's way.
Lots of food and plenty of room to sit out of weather.

See you there!!
HCBA Fair Committee
When

United States

#17 Aug 14, 2008
Will the tractor pull be on for next year? I know there is a secured place for it but just wondering that if all the plans get laid out ahead of time if it would be before the fair next year?
Rain or Shine

United States

#18 Aug 15, 2008
No where to have it. Plain and simple. Wish we could. The people love the truck/tractor pulls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Higbee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
johnny Thomas moving service Wed Just Me 3
Beware of Black Market BBQ (Jan '13) May 24 friend 39
Karissa Head May 23 BWG 3
Liz Ashburn (Oct '13) May 20 daddy 52
Moberly Monitor Index (Aug '13) May 20 Read It 46
Dragon Creation Tattoo May 18 Ikr 5
Monitor Index Job May 17 Suggestion 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Higbee Mortgages