Smith Co. jail proposal public meetings

Smith Co. jail proposal public meetings

There are 5 comments on the KYTX-TV News story from Apr 2, 2011, titled Smith Co. jail proposal public meetings. In it, KYTX-TV News reports that:

Smith County voters will have multiple opportunities to view the proposed jail bond plan, ask questions and share opinions with county commissioners starting Monday, throughout April and early May.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KYTX-TV News.

chris salas

Plano, TX

#1 Apr 2, 2011
Why in the world is Smith county so worried about a jail,when it has one already?clean the one up you've already have!stop trying to get rich from housing other inmates from other counties.why don't you worry aboutyour own county.stop holding child support people in jail for 6months at a time,this way your jail wont be overcrowded.why spend millions on something that is not needed.does Smith county have that kind of money to throw away?if so,why don't they pay off all the civil cases?give someone a blessing,not another bill that the tax payers have to pay!or why don't we have a homeless shelter?oh,that's right,you can't make money off the homeless
Scroned Mom

Mabank, TX

#2 Apr 2, 2011
Easy to say when you are owed thousands in support from a deadbeat dad. Give a blessing at the expense of a child? Oh, and Criminal Nonsupport is not a civil case according to the Texas Pena Code.
Willie Granville

North Kingstown, RI

#3 Apr 4, 2011
Dead beat Dads need a job not time in jail.I was a Broke beat Dad raising a family, and they had a cell waiting for me. You work and work if you aren't in the system to pay the law enforcement a little extra they don't like you very much. A person cann't pay child support behind bars, or without a DL and have to pay a fine. The courts know that, it is all about MONEY.
Chris I must agree with you.
Scorned Mom sounds like you know about some of the DEAD BEAT DADS, not all men are like that without work they are labeled it. I worked all my life to raise a family, I had to fight JONNY LAW to keep me out of the system also. They want a working man there he will pay his fine because he has to work.
Observer

Tyler, TX

#4 Apr 4, 2011
Willie Granville wrote:
Dead beat Dads need a job not time in jail.I was a Broke beat Dad raising a family, and they had a cell waiting for me. You work and work if you aren't in the system to pay the law enforcement a little extra they don't like you very much. A person cann't pay child support behind bars, or without a DL and have to pay a fine. The courts know that, it is all about MONEY.
Chris I must agree with you.
Scorned Mom sounds like you know about some of the DEAD BEAT DADS, not all men are like that without work they are labeled it. I worked all my life to raise a family, I had to fight JONNY LAW to keep me out of the system also. They want a working man there he will pay his fine because he has to work.
Waah.... if they were paying support in the first place they would not be in jail. Keep a job, pay your support, and stay out of jail. Stay out of the bars and strip clubs and you just might make it! Your kids are mor eimportant than strippers and beer....
Willie Granville

North Kingstown, RI

#5 Apr 5, 2011
If mom & dad would have stayed togather to start with he would be paying in house child support. Yea I have seen guy's blow their money going to clubs, I told them you are stupid. I have seen guy's work out of town send the pay check home for months, when they return everything is gone. Kids, wife everything. This money thing is a two way street. I have seen good hard working guy's working the night shift and the girlfriend or wife sleeping with the day shift. The child he paying child support on many times isn't his and the court knows that. Some DEAD BEAT DAD'S need to be in jail, that way they cann't produce anymore children. When you stop a man from working and take his DL he has no way to get to work if he had a job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hideaway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley Ray May '17 Olivia 1
What's life like in Lindale, TX? (Sep '07) Nov '16 SorryNotSorry 10
Lindale ISD (May '16) Jun '16 Karl G 33
News Early voting suggests House District 5 race cou... (Mar '16) Mar '16 leader 1
East Texas churches (Jan '16) Jan '16 Stand up 1
The bes t largest f ree online dating website! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jerrod Rieg 1
mobile auto repair (Aug '13) Aug '13 tommy mormon 1

Hideaway Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hideaway Mortgages