Consider the information

Full story: Lake County Record-Bee

Please do not vote until you have considered this information. There was a sheriff candidates' forum in Hidden Valley Lake on Oct.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
No More

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

make Mitchell take responsibility for his office. When will Russ Perdock ever be held responsible for the death of Lynn Thornton?

Why did Mitchell ignore protocol? Why didn't he call in an outside agency to investigate the boating accident? Why did he allow his own deputies to be the investigators of their superior officer?

Why did Mitchell say he did an investigation when in fact, the Sacramento officer Charles Slaybaugh was instructed not to speak to any witnesses. How odd.

We can't afford to keep Mitchell. We can't afford to keep blaming innocent people for crimes while the responsible one walks among us.

When will Mitchell recommend to the DA that Garzoli reimburst every dime spent on his flying lessons ? I'll bet never.

And lawsuits, which kind? We have wrongful prosecution, civil rights, jail death..

Say No to Mitchell. He needs to be replaced asap.
luv that joker

Fish Camp, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

what?!!? a pig lying under oath?!?, making false reports? oh my, stop the presses.!!
If you're going to hold out for a law enforcement officer who doesn't lie, cheat steal, deliberately ruin peoples lives for spite or arrogance, you're going to be waiting a while. If Mitchell is re-elected, you get the same gang which brought you all the recent shame, if you vote for Rivero, you'll have a group of deputies, even crankier and more useless than they already are because they generally don't like or respect Rivero. Great choice. A pig is a pig is a pig, oink oink, get used to it.
D Tom

Clearlake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

No More wrote:
make Mitchell take responsibility for his office. When will Russ Perdock ever be held responsible for the death of Lynn Thornton?
Why did Mitchell ignore protocol? Why didn't he call in an outside agency to investigate the boating accident? Why did he allow his own deputies to be the investigators of their superior officer?
Why did Mitchell say he did an investigation when in fact, the Sacramento officer Charles Slaybaugh was instructed not to speak to any witnesses. How odd.
We can't afford to keep Mitchell. We can't afford to keep blaming innocent people for crimes while the responsible one walks among us.
When will Mitchell recommend to the DA that Garzoli reimburst every dime spent on his flying lessons ? I'll bet never.
And lawsuits, which kind? We have wrongful prosecution, civil rights, jail death..
Agree, agree, agree! How many ways can you write a smear against a candidate running against the GOB's?

Allegation after allegation to defame a decent man! This is the ugliest smear campaign any of us have ever seen! Rivero signs may disappear, citizens may be afraid to put his stickers on their vehicles, but they will not sway us at the polls or change what happened to Lynn Thornton or Bismark Dinius!
D Tom

Clearlake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

luv that joker wrote:
what?!!? a pig lying under oath?!?, making false reports? oh my, stop the presses.!!
If you're going to hold out for a law enforcement officer who doesn't lie, cheat steal, deliberately ruin peoples lives for spite or arrogance, you're going to be waiting a while. If Mitchell is re-elected, you get the same gang which brought you all the recent shame, if you vote for Rivero, you'll have a group of deputies, even crankier and more useless than they already are because they generally don't like or respect Rivero. Great choice. A pig is a pig is a pig, oink oink, get used to it.
The fact that the rest of the "pigs" don't like R. is a recommendation for me! Time to shake up things up!
Clean up time

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

D Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, agree, agree! How many ways can you write a smear against a candidate running against the GOB's?
Allegation after allegation to defame a decent man! This is the ugliest smear campaign any of us have ever seen! Rivero signs may disappear, citizens may be afraid to put his stickers on their vehicles, but they will not sway us at the polls or change what happened to Lynn Thornton or Bismark Dinius!
This campaign has been very very ugly. Rivero has shown his strength and fortitude. Even jack Baxter is appalled at the smear tactics from the opposition. It all wasn't necessary. Why can't one win on merit, and not false allegations (proven) lies, deceit, false information on handouts etc. Shame.
Philip Murphy

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

Clean up time wrote:
<quoted text>This campaign has been very very ugly. Rivero has shown his strength and fortitude. Even jack Baxter is appalled at the smear tactics from the opposition. It all wasn't necessary. Why can't one win on merit, and not false allegations (proven) lies, deceit, false information on handouts etc. Shame.
I was really surprised when Mitchell ran with the "Rivero is a criminal based on his record as a teenager" song-and-dance, that in my mind was the low-point ethics-wise as far as what the candidates said themselves in public. You do have to give credit to the LL gang for lowering the bar at the outset though, that sure got things going on the lowest level possible right out of the gate, the irony being that they undoubtedly hurt Rivero more than they helped him.
The difference here is that since the primary Rivero has run a good campaign and Rod has not, choosing instead to stay on the low road which sure makes the choice a lot easier for a lot of us who voted for baxter or sat on the fence before, Mitchell has proven that he is NOT the man for the job!
Donna Christopher

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

One must have merit to run on it Clean up time. Rod is lacking in that category.
Philip Murphy

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

lucerne beyatch wrote:
Quite a statement from someone with no moral character or ethics of his own.
quite a statement from someone who wants to molest your children, guess the fact that you're a hypocrite too makes you a solid supporter of Rod Mitchell, who has hired more child molesters than any sheriff in california %-wise.
kpts4tv

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

Judged:

Acutally, Mitchell did call another agency to investigate the boat crash (Sacramento County S.O.) and more recently called another agency to investigate the other agency's investigation. Funny how Rivero's supporters like to ignore certain facts when they don't go along with what they want.
No More wrote:
not honorable

Clearlake Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

Judged:

luv that joker wrote:
It's pretty bad when NO law enforcement professionals(retired or active) support a particular candidate for Sheriff.
If they don't trust rivero, he must be a real piece of c-r-a-p.
The deputies worked with him, so they know his character and they don't like or trust him. None of them!!!!!
Something is very wrong with this guy. No wonder he won't release his personnel records for public scrutiny as Mitchell has done.

If you want my vote, you have to trust me to be fair frank. Release the personnel records, and let the voters decide. If not, you appear to be hiding the truth from the voters. You have screamed for the need of transparency within the LCSO. Practice what you preach or Mitchell gets my vote.
lucerne beyatch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

The jose Frank is just the type that appeals to law enforcement hating defense conspiracy shill smatterings. The same folks that let two sailboat drunks walk even though they were complicit in the death of another.
pot head

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

not honorable wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty bad when NO law enforcement professionals(retired or active) support a particular candidate for Sheriff.
If they don't trust rivero, he must be a real piece of c-r-a-p.
The deputies worked with him, so they know his character and they don't like or trust him. None of them!!!!!
Something is very wrong with this guy. No wonder he won't release his personnel records for public scrutiny as Mitchell has done.
If you want my vote, you have to trust me to be fair frank. Release the personnel records, and let the voters decide. If not, you appear to be hiding the truth from the voters. You have screamed for the need of transparency within the LCSO. Practice what you preach or Mitchell gets my vote.
9,706 citizens voted for change once and they will again.
You can vote any way you want and we will too.
Fire Mitchell

Addison, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

kpts4tv wrote:
Acutally, Mitchell did call another agency to investigate the boat crash (Sacramento County S.O.) and more recently called another agency to investigate the other agency's investigation. Funny how Rivero's supporters like to ignore certain facts when they don't go along with what they want.
<quoted text>
Lt Charles Slabaugh, the investigator from Sac, testified in court that he was directed by the Lake County Sheriff's office (Mitchell and his GOBs) to not conduct any eye witness interviews, other than Russell Perdock.

Now Mitchell's trying to cover his ass by getting a second agency to blame the first agency for failing to investigate.
HVL RES

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

I seem to recall hearing that Sonoma County investigated this as well. With 2 agencies finding Mitchell guilty of NOTHING, I suspect he is innocent. I'd much rather take a chance on Rod Mitchell than Francisco Rivero, look up his supporters, how many are even in THIS county?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hidden Valley Lake Discussions

Search the Hidden Valley Lake Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Open Market Canada 15,670
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Blubbering 7,304
Sign-ups for youth boxing program open Oct. 7 (Nov '08) 4 hr terrance 17
Debate: Marijuana - Clearlake, CA (Aug '10) Sat donald wimley 16
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat Drafty 4,559
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Gomers 199,087
hvla sucks (Jul '06) Apr 13 Provocateur 452
•••
•••

Hidden Valley Lake News Video

•••
•••

Hidden Valley Lake Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hidden Valley Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE