Dinius case draws smattering of prote...

Dinius case draws smattering of protesters

There are 1111 comments on the Lake County Record-Bee story from Jun 12, 2009, titled Dinius case draws smattering of protesters. In it, Lake County Record-Bee reports that:

LAKEPORT Fewer than 10 people held signs protesting what they called a lack of justice in the Bismarck Dinius case Friday morning on the steps of the Lake County Courthouse in Lakeport.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.

First Prev
of 56
Next Last
Brian

Half Moon Bay, CA

#1 Jun 12, 2009
They got one the first time they tried, now seven. I'm thinking with a little luck, they might break double digits in a couple of months.
Deake

Half Moon Bay, CA

#2 Jun 12, 2009
The over-under was five. I took the under. Oh well.
Philip Murphy

United States

#3 Jun 12, 2009
Deake wrote:
The over-under was five. I took the under. Oh well.
by my count there were 24 people there in support of dinius or in opposition to Hopkins, not counting dinius and his attorney. Tiffany only mentioned those with signs, but clearly most were there without signs but still supportive of Dinius.

number of signs or people supporting killer perdock and mess-fixer Hopkins? ZERO.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#4 Jun 12, 2009
Concerned

Clearlake, CA

#5 Jun 12, 2009
Not to mention all of those who jumped out of their cars just to sign a petition or all who honked in support....Oh and towards the end, a few that came forward that will remain unamed that are spouses of LCSO ers letting us know that their husbands have submitted a complaint into Atty Gen and State Bar.letting them know of the misconduct ect...remember it only takes a few before a can of worms is opened...so I wouldnt get to caulky yet!
Susan

United States

#7 Jun 12, 2009
Two dozen is not a smattering:

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20090612...

How many people are there in the whole county?
G and O

San Francisco, CA

#8 Jun 12, 2009
Philip Murphy wrote:
<quoted text>
by my count there were 24 people there in support of dinius or in opposition to Hopkins, not counting dinius and his attorney. Tiffany only mentioned those with signs, but clearly most were there without signs but still supportive of Dinius.
number of signs or people supporting killer perdock and mess-fixer Hopkins? ZERO.
Phil,

You are right about the turnout. I don't understand why Ms. Revelle wants to de-emphasize the showing. Much of what needed to be said was in the visual message of signs, the concern and support being shown to the Dinius, Weber, the Thornton family members. It was a quiet riot.
t8er

San Jose, CA

#9 Jun 13, 2009
G and O wrote:
<quoted text>
Phil,
You are right about the turnout. I don't understand why Ms. Revelle wants to de-emphasize the showing. Much of what needed to be said was in the visual message of signs, the concern and support being shown to the Dinius, Weber, the Thornton family members. It was a quiet riot.
Let's say Phil is right and it's 24. Wow. Pathetic showing. Pathetic.

Location hidden

#10 Jun 13, 2009
It's just the beginning... JUST the beginning. There'll be more. Tryst me.

Location hidden

#11 Jun 13, 2009
lol... maybe trUst...
Wow

Napa, CA

#12 Jun 13, 2009
Yeah, besides everyone knows, third time's the charm.
Wow

Napa, CA

#13 Jun 13, 2009
G and O wrote:
<quoted text>
Phil,
I don't understand why Ms. Revelle wants to de-emphasize the showin.
Newsflash! Sometimes the press get's it wrong. But don't worry, Dan Noyes'll get it right....Wait, he didn't even show....LMAO!

Think I might have posted this before. The accuracy of any news story is indirectly proportional to the amount of first hand information you have about it. Words to live by.
Wow

Napa, CA

#14 Jun 13, 2009
Susan wrote:
Two dozen is not a smattering:
How many people are there in the whole county?
Even the Titanic crew had some things to be proud of. I even recognized a few.
I think there's around 60,000 total pop in Lake. So you had a percentage of a percentage.
James

Sunnyvale, CA

#16 Jun 13, 2009
We understand when those in power abuse and say so. you that go along for all the wrong reasons are the albacore around the peoples neck. It is you that allow this arrogance of government officials. Those that are of the view there is more than meets the eye here would never give Mr.Dinius a pass for his actions and in turn strongly protest what we see as a injustice that Mr. Perdock has no responsibility with Ms.Thornton death. I see only a system of bureaucrats using power that deny justice.
Wow

Napa, CA

#17 Jun 13, 2009
Albacore?
Wow

Napa, CA

#18 Jun 13, 2009
the real wow wrote:
STFU.
<quoted text>
My, my, no need to be so defensive. Freedom of speech only so long as you agree with it?
Once Upon A Time

Kelseyville, CA

#19 Jun 13, 2009
Well... Tiffany must have decided to do the head count AFTER about 75% of the Supporters left their signs outside, and headed inside to the court proceedings... Makes you wonder, once again, if she is actually an unbiased reporter... or ???

And.. so many people in this county have been terrorized by the GOB's Injustice System.. It takes someone with a conscious, and some balls..(figure of speech, as obviously that's an anatomy part I'm missing!).. to Stand Up for this Injustice. And what I thought spoke volumes... There was about 10 of us, residents of this county, not related to anyone in the case, over the age of 45.. who said THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME EVER IN THEIR LIVES THEY WERE PART OF A PROTEST!

Now that the public See's that they would not be standing against the GOB's alone.... Its just going to pick up speed.

And yes folks... we will be pursuing those recall petitions ASAP... Hopkins.. Im not paying taxes so you can take our hard earned money and use it for your personal gain, glory, and membership dues to the GOB's Club... And Mitchell... I guess you haven't figured out that the majority of your boys don't have much respect for you anymore... Not to mention what the voting public thinks..Perdock.. There are too many words to write... but I think Hypocrite is a good one.

t8er wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's say Phil is right and it's 24. Wow. Pathetic showing. Pathetic.
Once Upon A Time

Kelseyville, CA

#20 Jun 13, 2009
Are you still drunk from last night? I think you should go sleep this one off....
Wow wrote:
Albacore?
Once Upon A Time

Kelseyville, CA

#22 Jun 13, 2009
Dude! The Sun is coming up! You better run back to your Troll Cave before the rays shine down upon your wart covered body and you explode into a million puss pockets!
imho cornhule wrote:
They will lose interest because the protesters don't care about letting a drunken sailboat driver with priors get what he deserves under the law. The protesters looked like a group on a side trip from Napa State.
James

Sunnyvale, CA

#24 Jun 13, 2009
Bravery from the dark speaks. So you call names, do as this government would do. Be intolerant and after the awareness of doubt serve your own purpose. Please tell me why I wrong, set me on the right course. Explain how the actions of Mr.Dibius killed MS. Thornton.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 56
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hidden Valley Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Konocti Computers Of Lake County, CA - ... (Mar '14) Jul 26 Rojan V 20
woman for text buddy Jul 21 michael 1
Is Clearlake really that "ghetto?" (Oct '07) Jul 19 mischeviousgirl 36
Debate: Marijuana - Clearlake, CA (Aug '10) Jul 17 sara 21
News In support of Sheriff Mitchell (Jul '10) Jul 15 Provocateur 131
News AIDS program offers free screenings Jun '15 frances ford 1
News Woman dies in driveway (Jul '11) Jun '15 ucumberbob 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hidden Valley Lake Mortgages