Doctor acquitted of all charges

Doctor acquitted of all charges

There are 18 comments on the Lake County Record-Bee story from Sep 28, 2010, titled Doctor acquitted of all charges. In it, Lake County Record-Bee reports that:

The trial of a Hidden Valley Lake physician came to a close last week. Dr. Corey Warner was acquitted of all charges on Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.

a patient

Concord, CA

#1 Sep 29, 2010
Glad to hear it. Hope he stays in Lake County.
Knew it was bogus

Waterloo, IA

#2 Sep 29, 2010
Agree. Happy to hear that this good doctor was cleared. Whomever made the false allegations should suffer some type of consequences, according to the law, are there any? Are folks allowed to make accusations that are false, defamatory, and unfounded in nature. What a horrendous thing to do, trying to destroy a mans reputation/practice. Who is this vile woman? Hope her bad karma bites her.
Knew it was bogus

Waterloo, IA

#4 Sep 29, 2010
Concerned 1 wrote:
Is the woman who wasted the courts time and the Counties money, in JAIL?
Does she at least have to reimburse the County?
*
A year long investigation and the CA prosecuted this?
WHAT A WASTE!!
*
The Dr should sue for Slander, and defamation of character.
Ruin the person who tried unsuccessfully to ruin him
I've never sued anyone, but if I were him, I'd definately sue her. He lost alot.

Are there laws in place for trumping up false allegations such as these? There should be.
citizen

San Leandro, CA

#5 Sep 29, 2010
Just because he was found "not guilty" does not mean he did not do it. I know NOTHING of this case and if it was a false allegation, then you are all right she should be in deep trouble. But you all know many people walk away scott free even if they were guilty of committing the crime due to legalities. If we started prosecuting everyone who pressed charges that were not able to stand up in a court of law....well where would we be? I served on a jury where I knew deep in my core that the man was guilty as hell, yet the prosecution did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt and the guy walked. It stinks but that's the way the law reads.
Sorry

Kelseyville, CA

#10 Sep 29, 2010
I still don't see what she had to gain by coming forward with this. It is a shame that victims of abuse usually do not speak up for fear this will happen to them also. Only she and the Dr. are really going to know what happened. It's true what "citizen" said. Sometimes the rich can afford an excellent attorney who can put that doubt in every story. OJ and MJ are two that come to mind, and no, not because they are black.
Mountain Blowing Wind

Nice, CA

#12 Sep 29, 2010
I seriously hope this guy was not guilty of the allegations and that this incident is not another example of the lovely judicial system!!
NewsFlash

Valdosta, GA

#13 Sep 29, 2010
citizen wrote:
Just because he was found "not guilty" does not mean he did not do it. I know NOTHING of this case and if it was a false allegation, then you are all right she should be in deep trouble. But you all know many people walk away scott free even if they were guilty of committing the crime due to legalities. If we started prosecuting everyone who pressed charges that were not able to stand up in a court of law....well where would we be? I served on a jury where I knew deep in my core that the man was guilty as hell, yet the prosecution did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt and the guy walked. It stinks but that's the way the law reads.
According to the lengthy article in the LCN the jurors made it clear after taking only an hour to acquit him that they were finding him innocent.
True story

Fremont, CA

#14 Sep 29, 2010
Lost Valley wrote:
Perjury and filing false police reports are felonies.
If it can be proved that she has done either, she should be charged and her name made public.
Bischels and Vandagriff did this to Mr. Neasham and he has proof!!!!!
Logic

United States

#20 Sep 29, 2010
I really doubt any of those who have posted concerning this case actually know enough to comment regarding whether the complainant lied or not.
Liz Arndt

United States

#21 Sep 29, 2010
Logic wrote:
I really doubt any of those who have posted concerning this case actually know enough to comment regarding whether the complainant lied or not.
Only way for them to do that is to either attend the trial daily or read the transcripts in their entirety. I doubt if any of those replying (present company not included) did either of those things.
urstinkyandcluel ess

Clearlake, CA

#24 Oct 1, 2010
citizen wrote:
Just because he was found "not guilty" does not mean he did not do it. I know NOTHING of this case and if it was a false allegation, then you are all right she should be in deep trouble. But you all know many people walk away scott free even if they were guilty of committing the crime due to legalities. If we started prosecuting everyone who pressed charges that were not able to stand up in a court of law....well where would we be? I served on a jury where I knew deep in my core that the man was guilty as hell, yet the prosecution did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt and the guy walked. It stinks but that's the way the law reads.
Exactly, you know nothing about this case! You are wrong! You are innocent until proven guilty and if you are found innocent you are innocent!

You are what stinks not your version of the "law"! You are trying to perpetuate the persecution of a wonderful asset to this community!

You are trying to continue the smear of a really good man. This doctor has shown to be highly professional whenever our family was seen by him. Myself a woman, never experience anything inappropriate. He always had a nurse come into the room with him. And if it was dealing with any female problems he always referred you to his OBGYN female college. He had a good repore with my kids and my husband and myself. He went the extra yard in taking care of us. The patients at his clinic love him and I hope he does not let one rotten egg or clueless individuals such as yourself run him off!
urstinkyandcluel ess

Clearlake, CA

#25 Oct 1, 2010
citizen wrote:
Just because he was found "not guilty" does not mean he did not do it. I know NOTHING of this case and if it was a false allegation, then you are all right she should be in deep trouble. But you all know many people walk away scott free even if they were guilty of committing the crime due to legalities. If we started prosecuting everyone who pressed charges that were not able to stand up in a court of law....well where would we be? I served on a jury where I knew deep in my core that the man was guilty as hell, yet the prosecution did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt and the guy walked. It stinks but that's the way the law reads.
Exactly, you know nothing about this case! You are wrong! You are innocent until proven guilty and if you are found innocent you are innocent!

You are what stinks not your version of the "law"! You are trying to perpetuate the persecution of a wonderful asset to this community!

You are trying to continue the smear of a really good man. This doctor has shown to be highly professional whenever our family was seen by him. Myself a woman, never experience anything inappropriate. He always had a nurse come into the room with him. And if it was dealing with any female problems he always referred you to his OBGYN female college. He had a good repore with my kids and my husband and myself. He went the extra yard in taking care of us. The patients at his clinic love him and I hope he does not let one rotten egg or clueless individuals such as yourself run him off
pleez stay dr W

Clearlake, CA

#26 Oct 1, 2010
Now that this doctor has been found innocent he should bring charges against the accuser for making false reports to law enforcement, defamation of character, and the cost of court fees! I hope he does!

He is a wonderful doctor!

A lot of his patients are from a local large corporation, everyone likes him and no one believed the charges!

No one else came forward with similar charges, hmm? I would say maybe there is something there, but no one else has come forward and all off his female patients I have talked to including myself have had NO problems with him!

I think this woman's allegations came more from the fact that he doesn't resemble local GOB's!

Please stay Dr. W.! This woman obviously has some issues she has to deal with on a professional basis. I hope you don't hold her actions as a sin of how the rest of the community feels! Karma, or God will take care of her issues!
lovelc

United States

#27 Oct 2, 2010
My understanding is that her name is Darcy Phillips from Harbin.
oldcrone

Lucerne, CA

#28 Oct 5, 2010
I personally am not a patient of Dr. Warner's (thanks to Kaiser), but many of my friends are... and each and every one of them were astounded that anyone could think ill of Dr. Warner. All of them have found him to be highly professional, warmly interested in their welfare, and an excellent diagnostician who follows the appropriate course of action to improve their health.

If you don't know him, don't make the assumption that he's guilty of flamboyant charges made by some undoubtedly ill-adjusted female.
Rob

Clearlake, CA

#29 Oct 7, 2010
He is a wonderful doctor and the case was weak.
He is very friendly and outgoing but still very professional and knowledgeable.
I like him a lot and I trust him.
She changed the version of the gown.....really suspicious!

On a personal curiosity: is she fat?

R
Kev

Kelseyville, CA

#30 Oct 7, 2010
HVL RES

San Francisco, CA

#31 Oct 7, 2010
Nope not fat from her photo that Kev just put up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hidden Valley Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clearlake.....is it a nice place to live (May '06) May 4 vjsacramento 121
Review: Konocti Computers Of Lake County, CA - ... (Mar '14) Apr 26 Josh 24
News Lots of pot found at Brown's (Jul '08) Apr '16 Provocateur 840
Is Clearlake really that "ghetto?" (Oct '07) Apr '16 Provocateur 41
Are you a Towel head or spook lover? Apr '16 _Drifter 6
What's it like living in Hidden Valley Lake? (Feb '13) Feb '16 Bellington 51
News Few remain as new campground deadline looms Feb '16 Camp eh 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hidden Valley Lake Mortgages