Edmonds Testifies In Hughes Trial

Edmonds Testifies In Hughes Trial

There are 4 comments on the NBC 11 San Francisco Bay Area story from Jul 8, 2008, titled Edmonds Testifies In Hughes Trial. In it, NBC 11 San Francisco Bay Area reports that:

Shannon Edmonds testified Tuesday that he "lost it" and thought his family was going to be killed when he saw an intruder hit his girlfriend's teenage son in the head with an aluminum baseball bat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 11 San Francisco Bay Area.

reality616

San Jose, CA

#1 Jul 9, 2008
At first I really didnít get the point of this case but after reading it from several different sources, I do believe that Renato Hughes Jr. is getting a bum deal that reeks of discrimination. Itís kind of hard to ascertain what the facts of the case are the way some have portrayed it, it seems like Christian Foster and Rashad Williams the two men who allegedly broke into Shannon Edmonds home with shotguns and subsequently shot dead by Edmonds were either trying to rob him (i.e. valuables,) or were trying to buy (steal) marijuana (an illegal narcotic), which one is it, because I donít believe itís both. 2nd point, in Stuart Hanlon Mr. Hughes defense attorneyís opening statement he says that Mr. Edmond murdered two unarmed men, now which one is it either they had shotguns and therefore were armed or they didnít. More over than that it seems that Mr. Edmonds (who is white) is an unrepentant drug dealer who has admitted to not only providing under age people with drugs to use but has also provided drugs to minors to sell, add to that the fact that Lori Tyler the girlfriend that he claims he tried to protect is now accusing him of attempting to get her to write a note and take pills in an attempted suicide and as a result is now testifying for the defense, not to mention the fact that Mr. Edmonds shot these two individuals in the back one while he was already on the ground suffering from a gunshot wound all while laughing about the situation, add all this up and it seems like Mr. Edmonds is a most unsavory person indeed. Now the prosecution is charging Mr. Hughes with murder under some farfetched law that holds one responsible for forcing another to commit murder, and yet given all the laws that Mr. Edmonds has broken the prosecution canít find it in themselves to charge Mr. Edmonds with anything, thatís wrong. I mean even though people have different beliefs about marijuana it is still considered to be a narcotic and punishable under the law, they could charge him with contributing to the delinquency of a minor just for providing drugs to minors alone, but I guess to do that would be too much like right. Now donít get me wrong if Hughes was actually a participant in the robbery then he should be guilty of that, but murder I donít think so. This case to some degree almost falls in place with that of Joe Horn of Texas who shot two illegal immigrants in the back for burglarizing his neighbors house while 911 operators told him not too and was subsequently cleared, and that of John White the black man in New York who was convicted of 2nd degree manslaughter for killing a white teenager Daniel Cicciaro when Mr. Cicciaro showed up at Mr. Whites house with a mob of people threatening to kill Mr. Whiteís 19 year old son , what is most troubling about this case is that by not charging all involved with the appropriate crime a clear message is being sent which basically says that ďif you are white and you shoot a black or Latino then everything is fine, but if a black or Latino shoots a white person then they are guilty no matter the reason ď. Letís be honest if Edmonds had been black and Hughes had been white (white teenagers do smoke, buy, steal, and sell marijuana too) then this case would be radically different and given all that we know of Edmonds through his own admissions there would be no way he wouldnít be charged, and thatís wrong it really should be all or nothing period.
Vin

United States

#2 Jul 9, 2008
I don't need to write a thesis. It's pretty simple - THIS IS WHAT DRUGS GET YOU!
WHITE flight

United States

#3 Jul 12, 2008
Read thisd story from the CO CO Times about Edwards - sad story. I do not know who the real criminals really are with all the nonsense that makes daytime drama look sane.
Kim Campisano

Santa Cruz, CA

#4 Jul 24, 2008
I rarely watch television but did tonight only to dissolve when I saw my former student, Renato, accused of murder.(and they can't even pronounce his name right!) I taught Hughes at Mission high school. He was charming, a little mischievous, but there is no way he is a killer. This is bul*&$W#! People don't kill over pot for god's sake! I have no way of knowing what has happened in his life over the past few years, but I do know he went to work as a bank teller after high school and was never a provocateur. I am horrified to see what's being said about Renato by racist thugs online who neither know him nor his record. You would have to do more than this to convince me he was capable of such horror.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hidden Valley Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two charged in homicide (Oct '09) May 17 Educationisparamount 193
Shannon Nester May 5 Jarrod Sinclair 2
Are you a Towel head or spook lover? (Mar '16) Mar '17 Jarrod Sinclair 10
News COMMET makes arrests in marijuana cultivation o... (Feb '12) Mar '17 Larree Allene 10
News Raid of smoke shops yields meth pipes Mar '17 coeryh 1
Review: Konocti Computers Of Lake County, CA - ... (Mar '14) Feb '17 John H 26
News Trust the vote of law enforcement (Oct '10) Dec '16 poking sis is fun 326

Hidden Valley Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hidden Valley Lake Mortgages