What's good about living at Hidden Va...

What's good about living at Hidden Valley Lake?

Created by sierra_SBM on Apr 12, 2009

91 votes

Click on an option to vote

Weather

Amenities

Security

Schools

Sense of community

Neighbors

Family activities

Quiet & peaceful

Nothing good

Whats Going On

Kelseyville, CA

#1 Apr 2, 2011
Has anybody noticed how shabby things have been looking in our community lately? Well actually I don’t know about lately; seems like things have deteriorated significantly over time and no one seems to care one damn bit! Definitely since we first moved in the subdivision 8 years ago things have not been maintained well. I am talking about traffic signs such as the “STOP” signs, 25 mph signs, etc. Some stop signs are so faded you can’t even make out the word “STOP”. To have a sign as faded as some of the ones I saw they have to be over 20 years old if not older! Almost every sign; I’d say 85% in this subdivision has some sort of damage, vandalism or defect. Some are steel poles, other are 4x4 wooded post; some are 4 feet high, other are 7 feet high?? I don’t get it? Who maintains our road signs? Who’s in charge of replacing simple things like road signs? Whoever it is, they are not doing a damn thing about it! It looks like most signs have had something thrown at them but no one ever cleans it! The truck sign at the top of Deer Hill just before N. Shore has had spray paint on it for over 2 years! Don’t we have a maintenance department here? What about the traffic pylons at the gates!? Everything has chipped white paint and it just looks so crappy, like someone doesn’t get a damn how things look around here! And you’re going to fine me if I don’t have my yard clean or the right shade of paint on my house? HVLA, you are a joke!
I have one to add

Kelseyville, CA

#2 Apr 3, 2011
Who the hell keeps throwing paint on Hartmann Road!? I'm sure motorist don't appriciate having white and yellow paint thrown onto their cars and trucks you stuipd assholes! If I catch whoever is doing that, I'm gonna persoanlly kick their a s s up and down that fu ck ing road! I swaer the world is filled with to many stuip as sholes!
Res

Springfield, MO

#3 Apr 3, 2011
Whats Going On wrote:
Has anybody noticed how shabby things have been looking in our community lately? Well actually I don’t know about lately; seems like things have deteriorated significantly over time and no one seems to care one damn bit! Definitely since we first moved in the subdivision 8 years ago things have not been maintained well. I am talking about traffic signs such as the “STOP” signs, 25 mph signs, etc. Some stop signs are so faded you can’t even make out the word “STOP”. To have a sign as faded as some of the ones I saw they have to be over 20 years old if not older! Almost every sign; I’d say 85% in this subdivision has some sort of damage, vandalism or defect. Some are steel poles, other are 4x4 wooded post; some are 4 feet high, other are 7 feet high?? I don’t get it? Who maintains our road signs? Who’s in charge of replacing simple things like road signs? Whoever it is, they are not doing a damn thing about it! It looks like most signs have had something thrown at them but no one ever cleans it! The truck sign at the top of Deer Hill just before N. Shore has had spray paint on it for over 2 years! Don’t we have a maintenance department here? What about the traffic pylons at the gates!? Everything has chipped white paint and it just looks so crappy, like someone doesn’t get a damn how things look around here! And you’re going to fine me if I don’t have my yard clean or the right shade of paint on my house? HVLA, you are a joke!
Some yards in HVL have been a mess for YEARS...a lot longer than 2 years....try 15-20. it's about time someone did something about it. the longer I live here the worse it gets.
I've had guests that say they wouldn't live here because it's too dirty.
Jim

Kelseyville, CA

#4 Apr 6, 2011
Does anybody know what's up with the golf course? Looks like they're not even mowing certain areas? Took us over three hours to play the front nine over the weekend? I agree, signs are terrible. I know money is tight, assessments haven't gone up, maybe they should to help pay for maintenance cost? Who can afford that?
onlooker

Springfield, MO

#5 Apr 6, 2011
Jim wrote:
Does anybody know what's up with the golf course? Looks like they're not even mowing certain areas? Took us over three hours to play the front nine over the weekend? I agree, signs are terrible. I know money is tight, assessments haven't gone up, maybe they should to help pay for maintenance cost? Who can afford that?
I believe it's because of all the rain we had. Once the course starts to dry up it will be easier to cut the grass. I noticed it took a LONG time to cut one of the fairways today
Monarch

Priest River, ID

#6 Jan 29, 2012
Yes it's started to go in 2004-05. To much building of homes and many transplants who bought in to CHEAP HOMES of t-1 11 and 2x4 frames, CHEAP! With all the commuters going to SR who has time to clean up around the outside of there homes? It is a joke, always was!
Whats Going On wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hidden Valley Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman dies in driveway (Jul '11) Jun 11 Debbabb 4
News Lots of pot found at Brown's (Jul '08) May 28 rob black 841
Clearlake.....is it a nice place to live (May '06) May '16 vjsacramento 121
Review: Konocti Computers Of Lake County, CA - ... (Mar '14) Apr '16 Josh 24
Is Clearlake really that "ghetto?" (Oct '07) Apr '16 Provocateur 41
Are you a Towel head or spook lover? Apr '16 _Drifter 6
What's it like living in Hidden Valley Lake? (Feb '13) Feb '16 Bellington 51
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hidden Valley Lake Mortgages