State College, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Brian I wrote:
Ah, Custom Bakers, I am 61 years old and all through my life I judge every slice of cheesecake I eat against Custom Bakers. Not one ever compared, oh my aching heart.
I agree Brian! I first had CB cheesecake (it was baked in a shell like pastry) in Long Beach when we were there for the summers 1965-68. We'd arrive to our bungalow and the men would drive to CB and pick up a cheesecake, choc cake and apple pie. THE BEST! I have never had a piece of cheesecake that could compare to Custom Bakers. And now I live in Centre County, PA where there is NOTHING good and you can't find anything here, except scrapple! ugh...
Andi

Syosset, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

The yellow cake with chocolate frosting was unbelievable!!! What about the chocolate pudding pie!!!omg!!!so good. Love the sound of the screen door closing and the warm smells inside. My dad and I would go there every week.....miss it all so much.
Nick

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Best job ever. I wasn't a baker, but I decorated a few of the ladies there like a cake.
IRS

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

obama vomit wrote:
You got the recipe for obama fruitcake?
Yes I got The Recipe! 6 aborted eggs, 1/2 cup of non fat milk, 4 of Barney Frank's bananas, 2 cups of assorted fruits via Christine quinn/Barney Frank, and brown sugar via eric holder!
Holly

Long Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

One of the Kids wrote:
Hi, so nice to see that people still remember my family's bakery. However, the 'kids' did not take over the business. My grandfather felt that it was time to move on.....I still miss it everyday......
<quoted text>
everything was so delicious, miss it all the time but especially around the holidays. Idea, if you could publish the recipes and how the business got started.... I am sure people would be interested in buying a copy, especially from a family member. If you don't do it, someone else would and state that they are a historian (LOL)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 86 of86
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Hicksville News Video

•••
•••

Hicksville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hicksville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••