been there done that

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

Do yourself a favor and skip Freeport. I worked in the schools for many years. Lots of good teachers (not all) but incompetent central administration and "know-it-all" Board of Ed with heavy personal agendas run the place into the ground. There are lots of gangs and a few overempowered "helicopter" parents run everything in the school. The basic problem is that your kid will get the mistaken idea that he's doing just great if he is not drug addicted and doesn't shoot anyone - pretty low expectation. School serves only the very top kids with big-mouth Mamas. A million special programs, a million rules and the place is out of control with very low expectations for students.
NY cares

Huntington Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Judged:

Ken wrote:
good grief, I grew up on Southside Ave In 50's and 60's. What a damn shame these damn minorities have done to my hometown.
just the kind of idiot comment we need...not to mention your punk ass moved to PA. you're part of the problem, not the solution. Please stay away racist dweeb.
jjj

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2010

I would have to say that freeport is one of the worst towns to live in if you havent lived there your whole life its all gangs and drugs probly the best thing you can do living there is learning how to survive lol
al kahallick

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2010

the more i talk to people the more i want to move.no respect,people move from other infected area's and think because they bought a house they can do anything they want[party all night-scream and curse -park in your driveway-any idiot can get a house today-its disgusting-you can listen to rap all you want-your still going to be white in the morning-this town is DONE- don't move here-if you cherish your FAMILY.......DISGUSTED
bereal

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Sure the roads are getting done. A little here, a little there, and all of Prince Ave. The mayor's street. Coincidence, I think not.
miz

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

I would never recommend any family with small children or teenage children to move to Freeport. Besides the football team and south side natuical mile the town is a dump. Loaded with gang activity and obnoxious salvadorians who do nothing but mug, kill, recruit, and rape for a living. If your looking to move to the north side I strongly appose against doing so. I lived in freeport from birth until I was 16 and once I hit freeport HS it was a war zone with over 28 different gangs. I since then moved out to Suffolk where the houses are cheaper, you aren't up your nieghbors ass, houses have central air and inground pools and you have property. Yes the oxycodone and drugs are stronger out here do to rich kids and rich parents. But pick your battles gangs and possible death. Or marjuana and pills.
JJFLORIDA

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

I Agree With All The Posts 100%
FREEPORT REALLY WENT TO THE DOGS, It Really Sucks
It's A Dead Town, They Won.
End Of Story :(:(:(

P. S. The Diner On Merrick Road Does Not Belong There, It Belongs Out In A nice Town Like Sayville Some Place, It's Way To Nice For A Ghetto Town Like Freeport
srepor

Stacy, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

I too was brought up in freeport in the 50s and 60s, graduated high school there with a great education, and went to college in the midwest choosing to remain here for work after college. I went back to visit in the late 90s and after talking to some friends still there, it saddens me also to see what freeport has become. I remember having no trouble walking the streets coming home from a friends house at 1 in the morning in my late high school years with absolutely no fear of being jumped or whatever. I was sad to see the old Dodd Jr High School looking like Sing Sing. I was sorry to hear of all the gang activity and problems they are having. I have no desire to return for a visit. I'd rather remember freeport for what it was and not what it is now.
JJFLORIDA

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

srepor wrote:
I too was brought up in freeport in the 50s and 60s, graduated high school there with a great education, and went to college in the midwest choosing to remain here for work after college. I went back to visit in the late 90s and after talking to some friends still there, it saddens me also to see what freeport has become. I remember having no trouble walking the streets coming home from a friends house at 1 in the morning in my late high school years with absolutely no fear of being jumped or whatever. I was sad to see the old Dodd Jr High School looking like Sing Sing. I was sorry to hear of all the gang activity and problems they are having. I have no desire to return for a visit. I'd rather remember freeport for what it was and not what it is now.
Well Your Right To Stay Away , When I Moved Out It Was Still Ok In 1973, And I Never Looked Back.

But When I Went Back For My Son's Funeral In 2006 It Was A Real Ghetto I Could Not Believe My Eyes, What Was Done To Main Street. OMG

It Just Goes To Show You The Wrong People Can Ruin A Good Thing.
I Had A Gas Station In Freeport In 1968 to 1973
freeporttxdude

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Freeports a dump higher per capital gang activity than Las Vegas,NV every auto detail shop here McDonald's and sonic full of them cockroaches
JJFLORIDA

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

freeporttxdude wrote:
Freeports a dump higher per capital gang activity than Las Vegas,NV every auto detail shop here McDonald's and sonic full of them cockroaches
What You Said Was Spot On 100% TRUE, Its A Sh&& Hole
And The Township Let It Get That Way, They Just Turned There Heads And Looked The Other Way From There Million Dollar Homes
END OF STORY

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Hicksville News Video

•••
•••

Hicksville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hicksville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE