`My God. What Do I Do?'

The driver charged in a fatal hit-and-run of a UConn freshman Jan. 20 failed to stop because he had been drinking, according to arrest affidavits that also indicate that his parents tried to help cover up the ... Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Equity

Newington, CT

#159 Feb 19, 2007
Eddie C wrote:
<quoted text>
Drop them off in Newington. Check the headlines. Kids there are running amok.
Maybe they should be dropped off in your town, Cromwell, since you savage every other town mentioned while you live in a perfect place.
timmy

Farmington, CT

#161 Feb 19, 2007
New Jersey Friend wrote:
The arrest affadavit.
Passengers and Halls own daughter implicate both sets of parents who each knew of their kids involvement beginning 1/20, the day Carleee was hit.
http://www.app.com/assets/pdf/B361959217.PDF
Any comment Alvino and Hall supporters? Some of you seem more offended that police and news mention the Alvino black Mercedes than you are that the Alvino's used that Mercedes to commission a crime. You are moral and mental midgets. I will be gleeful the day they are arrested......
So the papers got it wrong, he did call his parents on 1/20 and Alvino's parents and Hall's parents
communicated about it on the very same day (page 10).

Talk turned to baseball at Applebee's, huh?(page 15)

Alvino was driving 17 inches in the breakdown lane when he struck Carlee Wines (page 19).

Also he went left on 195 to make it look like he was going south and then turned around in the Buckley dorms before heading to Towers (p. 19).
ucmom

Meriden, CT

#162 Feb 19, 2007
New Jersey Friend wrote:
The arrest affadavit.
Passengers and Halls own daughter implicate both sets of parents who each knew of their kids involvement beginning 1/20, the day Carleee was hit.
http://www.app.com/assets/pdf/B361959217.PDF
Any comment Alvino and Hall supporters? Some of you seem more offended that police and news mention the Alvino black Mercedes than you are that the Alvino's used that Mercedes to commission a crime. You are moral and mental midgets. I will be gleeful the day they are arrested......
you said it all so very well. Thak you!
Ryan

Hartford, CT

#164 Feb 19, 2007
Get the facts wrote:
UCONN DOES have a "new" safe rides program that is willing to pick up intoxicated students. The old, but still in existence, program was designed to get people to their destinations safely during the late night/ early morning hours and had only one driver that was employeed by the police department. Having drunk students in a large van with only one other person was, in my view accurately, seen as putting the driver in danger. They have since added a new program, I want to say it's called GUARD DOGS but honestly I can't remember right now.
You all like to put the blame on UCONN but what about putting some responsibility on yourself and your children. I think it's a bit odd that at least one person is worried about your children's safety at Carriage House although you likely allowed them to live there and pay their rent. Stop pointing fingers and teach your kids morals and values that will lead them to make the right decision. This can't be all UCONN's fault here.
If there is a new and improved program, I stand corrected. I love UConn and I'm a 97 grad. But I do think the administration has a questionable history with campus safety. They have made incredible cosmetic improvements but why has it been such a struggle to get a good rides program or even decent lighting on campus roads at night? I don't think it's unfair to question their priorities. Obviously I don't think any UConn administrators want tragedies like this to happen. But they have to accept drinking as a reality of life and make adjustments accordingly instead of living in a "well....kids shouldn't really be drinking anyway" state of denial.
Ryan

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#166 Feb 19, 2007
Everyone involved is guilty. Everyone involved will go to court, will be found guilty, and will do their time. They will not get away, they will receive their punishment, but there is no need to berate their morality or the quality of their person. No one who has written on this wall knows them, nor knows anything about them. People make mistakes, and these people pay for their mistakes. I agree with everyone that it was a horrible accident, and as a UCONN student this accident hit close to home, right down the street, but we have no right to judge these people off of an article, they will get what they deserve and the rest should be left in the capable hands of the law.
Sick and tired

Pleasanton, CA

#167 Feb 20, 2007
UConnMom2010 wrote:
Mrs. Alvino, the mother of ANTHONY ALVINO who ran over Carlee and killed her and then wanted to "COVER IT UP".
Money is not an issue Mrs. Alvino? You are a disgrace.
You served your child WRONG and now he will SERVE LOTS OF PRISON TIME and so SHOULD YOU!
http://www.donnaalvino.com/
No doubt about it -

Here's a good link - http://web.archive.org/web/20060213185918/htt...

“What is this world coming too”

Since: Feb 07

Bridgeport, CT

#169 Feb 20, 2007
lizzie grubman wrote:
Alvino family, please don't worry too much.
In 2001 I drove my SUV into a crowd of people outside a Long Island nightclub, injuring 16 people. After being asked by security guards to remove my father's Mercedes from a fire lane, I backed the vehicle into the crowd, in a fit of anger. I fled the scene, and was later charged in a 26-count indictment, for felony crimes including assault, driving while intoxicated, and reckless endangerment, but escaped long-term imprisonment by a plea bargain. I had been facing up to eight years in prison.
Are you proud of this?? I agree with a poster in your situation no one died and lucky you!!! Had someone died you may not have escaped the 8 years in prison and probably would have served longer. I understand being scared and all but it makes it worse when you leave they eventually catch up to you. There is only a handful of people that have got away with hit and runs but most have been caught.
ucmom

Meriden, CT

#171 Feb 20, 2007
Sick and tired wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt about it -
Here's a good link - http://web.archive.org/web/20060213185918/htt...
the website is "no longer available"...One must wonder if the "PUBLICITY WAS NOT WANTED"? It was in fact Mrs. Alvino who said "UCOnn would not want the bad publicity" when she advised the boys not to come forward.
lizzie grubman

Berlin, CT

#172 Feb 20, 2007
JACK PRINCE wrote:
To Michael Corleone,
It sounds as if you live in a fantasy world. Your comments about Italian-Americans are hurtful and disrespectful ... Take your blinders off and try to see the good in all people of all nationalities.
Read this story, Jack. It was printed in the UConn newspaper just four days after Carlee Wines died. This time the perpetrator was named Delvecchio. More "f___ you" attitude on the part of your wonderful goombahs.

http://media.www.dailycampus.com/media/storag...
Sick and tired

Pleasanton, CA

#173 Feb 21, 2007
ucmom wrote:
<quoted text>
the website is "no longer available"...One must wonder if the "PUBLICITY WAS NOT WANTED"? It was in fact Mrs. Alvino who said "UCOnn would not want the bad publicity" when she advised the boys not to come forward.
Yes, it WAS unwanted. The link supplied is a working archive of the website. Just "in case" anyone wanted to know who their doing business with. I wouldn't do business with a person of low morals as published.
New Jersey Friend

Lakewood, NJ

#174 Feb 21, 2007
Yup. Her website is down but check out this site that shows she's been posting real estate listings over the last four weeks.
http://ny.oodle.com/housing/sale/-/bedrooms_5...

When the page opens, do a keyword search for Donna Alvino. You'll see the date posted information. When will she go climb under a rock?
mom of a Uconn fr

AOL

#175 Feb 22, 2007
from todays Hartford Courant:
http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-cthitand...
Somewhere in CT

Newington, CT

#176 Feb 22, 2007
Let's try something a little different. Let's post kind words and Prayers for Carlee and her parents.
Who will join?
God Bless you Carlee in your Heavenly Home and may your parents and family find Peace and Comfort.
thanks

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#177 Feb 22, 2007
thank you! people forget that she was a teenager with friends and a family. thanks for the prayer
Sick and tired

Pleasanton, CA

#178 Feb 23, 2007
mom of a Uconn fr wrote:
from todays Hartford Courant:
http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-cthitand...
Thanks for that link ( http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-cthitand... ). That tells the WHOLE story....Aside from Alvino hitting someone and leaving her for dead, the parents actions afterwards, "Money is no object" is amazing.
No wonder this kid kept driving....bet he never did "any" wrong in his parents eyes.

The suspicious part of this is - Two witnesses stated that "Two people just finished crossing the roadway "seconds" before hitting Wines".
Seeing as he was some 18" into the RIGHT side of the road when he hit Wines, was he being a wise guy and swerving over to "scare" the pedestrians that just crossed over seconds before?
Timmy

Avon, CT

#179 Feb 25, 2007
Of course, big legal fees coming. Start selling those houses and if anyone asks just say that you have the same name, huh Donna?
New Jersey Friend wrote:
Yup. Her website is down but check out this site that shows she's been posting real estate listings over the last four weeks.
http://ny.oodle.com/housing/sale/-/bedrooms_5...
When the page opens, do a keyword search for Donna Alvino. You'll see the date posted information. When will she go climb under a rock?
Timmy

Avon, CT

#180 Feb 25, 2007
you could always shoot her an email and ask if any crimes were ever committed at any of the houses?
PeeWee

New York, NY

#182 Feb 25, 2007
Maybe former Assemblyman Dan Frisa can lend assistance to the hazards of drinking and driving
as well as County Legislator Peter Schmitt.
NJ Friend

West Long Branch, NJ

#183 Mar 15, 2007
Devil Donna is out drumming up business again.
donnaalvino.com
Albion

Stony Brook, NY

#184 Aug 29, 2013
It's ironic - and telling - that posters who defend Long Island all seem to do so with inane, solipistic vitriol. Having lived in (been marooned on) Lond Island, I can lend creedence to the notion that this daft little strip-malled sandheap is exponentially overcrowded with crude, crass, spoiled suburban princes and princesses all of whom sport orange tans, drive muscle-cars recklessly fast,and spout the entire script of the Godfather verbatim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hicksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 15 hr Clifford Spencer 758
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 17 hr Bruser 2,292
Levittown woman quarantined for bird mites (Jun '08) 20 hr mdw 44
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Fri liberalP 6,443
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Fri Robert Burns 16,790
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 675
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 6,389
•••

Hicksville News Video

•••
Hicksville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hicksville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hicksville People Search