Marinwood man shares father's World War II photos with German city

Saturday is the 65th anniversary of Victory in Europe Day, marking the end of World War II in Europe, and Marinwood resident Phil Servedio will be in Germany for a special occasion. Full Story
pictures

San Anselmo, CA

#1 May 5, 2010
Not sure how the IJ could forget to put a link to the pictures. I think I found them though here

http://picasaweb.google.com/philserve/JerrySe... #

Great pictures of true american hero's.
Dave

Novato, CA

#2 May 6, 2010
Thanks for the link. It's a no-brainer why the IJ forgets things like that. It's a miracle they get anything right lately with their morale and staffing being so bad.
happyoflarkspur

Foster City, CA

#3 May 6, 2010
Good job- it's vital to preserve this history. I'm not sure that i agree with the comment "I think the people there will think it's cute." ....
What

Vernalis, CA

#4 May 6, 2010
I actually posted first in the comments section asking why no link to the images was posted. My post was removed.
Anyway, thanks for posting the link, the images are great!
imp distinction

San Francisco, CA

#5 May 6, 2010
"but some depict life in liberated German towns."

Nice story, but why must these writers continuously practice revisionist history???? German towns weren't "liberated" ... they were conquered.

French towns liberated? Yes. Belgian? Yes. Polish? Yes. German? No.

Liberate
lib·er·ate (lb-rt)
tr.v. lib·er·at·ed, lib·er·at·ing, lib·er·ates
1. To set free, as from oppression, confinement, or foreign control.
Marin Born

San Rafael, CA

#6 May 6, 2010
The greatest generation by far, thanks to all the men and women of that era for what they did for all of us. Thanks for sharing your fathers pictures, proud would be an understatement, he looked like a great guy.
Ken

San Francisco, CA

#7 May 6, 2010
Congrats Phil for the article and your dad's recognition.
Keely

Redwood City, CA

#8 May 6, 2010
Wonderful story and photos, Phil. What a great tribute to your dad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hicksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Clifford Spencer 758
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 4 hr Bruser 2,292
Levittown woman quarantined for bird mites (Jun '08) 7 hr mdw 44
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 20 hr liberalP 6,443
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 21 hr Robert Burns 16,790
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 22 hr positronium 675
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 22 hr positronium 6,389
•••

Hicksville News Video

•••
•••

Hicksville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hicksville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hicksville News, Events & Info