John

Garnerville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

The Planet Fitness location in Hicksville is an excellent no frills gym. The employees are friendly and professional; classes are offered for instructions on how to use the equipment.

My only complaint is that there could be more weight lifting equipment. There is no squat rack in the gym which many fitness professionals consider a very important exercise. I know this is to discourage the "lunks" as they say from joining the gym, but there could still be this equipment.

Overall, joining this gym is the best $10/month I have ever spent.
Ace Frehley

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

PF Hicksville is a nice gym, however I will be cancelling my membership ASAP.

There is minimal parking available. If you go between the hours of 5 and 10pm--good luck finding a parking space. You'll drive around the block ten times and might get lucky finding someone who is leaving at that moment, but most often you are forced to either park very far away from the gym or in an unlit area.

The worst thing about this gym is that it is ALWAYS crowded, regardless of the time of day. God help you if you are employed and can only work out after work. I was there last night and at 10:15pm, the gym was still packed, with every cardio machine and weight machine occupied. The low membership fee is great for your wallet, but it doesn't mean a lot when the gym is so crowded that you are unable to work out. This place is packed with high schoolers, cheapskates and 50-year-olds trying to get back into shape.

And they try to shove the No judgements creed down your throat every step of the way, but they are very lax on cell phone usage and dress code. It would help if they had a scale on premises. How this violates the no judgements crap is beyond me. They do after all have a full length mirror on the entire wall near the free weights.
mama2

Oceanside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2010

As above poster stated, they are extremely lax on dress code. Too many people in street clothes using machines and certain people there use machines sweat all over them and dont have the common decency to wipe them off when they are done. Too small Too crowded
Joe Krupinski

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2010

Gym Rats: Why don't you try the PLANET FITNESS center in Glen Cove across the street from the movie theater?$10 a month is a true bargain. Lots of treadmills and equipment, plenty of barbells, something for everyone. Staff is courteous and helpful. Personal trainers available. Try it, you'll like it!
member for one year

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

The gym membership is a bargain. However, you must sacrifice certain comforts.

1) Small parking lot makes parking difficult during high use periods (after 5pm)

2) Ventilation of the room (it is located below ground; no windows) is not reliable. Sometimes, the room is ventilated but often not sufficiently. It can feel very damp down there at times because no air is moving thru the vents. Vents are not situated evenly throughout the room in any case.

3) Staff is polite but seems incapable or not authorized to adjust climate in room including the manager on duty.
LiesAreGentle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

Hey you lazy bums, don't complain when you have to park a couple of blocks away. You're going to a gym. Maybe you should take that 2 block walk before you go to the gym - it's a little warmup. Lazzzy people.
Greg

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

Smelly, cheap, crappy. A real 5 & dime gym.
Jim Wrat

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

PLANET FITNESS is a great alternative for those folks who wish to join a gym but never actually go to the gym.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hicksville Discussions

Search the Hicksville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Auto Gallery Imports (Jan '11) 4 hr Michelle 45
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 6 hr tbird Cat Controller 757
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 7 hr r u crazy 6,377
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 17 hr Bruser 2,264
Island near Buffalo overrun by hundreds of cats Thu Cat got your tongue 3
Review: Cycle Concepts Of New York Thu Stanley East Meadow 1
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Jul 30 Bruser 7,860
•••
•••

Hicksville News Video

•••
•••

Hicksville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000