Cops: Death of Hicksville infant accidental drowning

Full story: Newsday 28
The weekend death of an infant girl in Hicksville appears to be an accidental drowning, said Nassau police, who are continuing to investigate. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Steve From Glen Cove

Ridgewood, NY

#2 Jun 17, 2008
Bull accidental ........All I can say is BULL. How and why would a 4 month old drown in a bath tub.

1. If the mother left her there YES.
The mother is to be charged for murder.

2. If a person held ther head under water YES
The person should be charged with murder.

3. There should be NO reason why a 4 month old would be left in the tub by she self.......
Bob

Yorktown Heights, NY

#3 Jun 17, 2008
Unless you know the facts stop making stoopid accusations
MCR

Sunnyside, NY

#4 Jun 17, 2008
Steve From Glen Cove wrote:
Bull accidental ........All I can say is BULL. How and why would a 4 month old drown in a bath tub.
1. If the mother left her there YES.
The mother is to be charged for murder.
2. If a person held ther head under water YES
The person should be charged with murder.
3. There should be NO reason why a 4 month old would be left in the tub by she self.......
Shut Up, you idiot!

The cops would certainly have arrested her if there was even a sniff of something...
Slappy Sanchez

Wallington, NJ

#5 Jun 17, 2008
Why can't people seem to keep their children alive nowadays?
Beanz The Cat

Stony Brook, NY

#6 Jun 17, 2008
When my kids were 4 months old I gave them baths in a baby tub and I was always holding onto them. I dont understand how a 4 month old can drown unless (A) you walked away from them (now thats "stoopid") or (B)you intentionally drowned them. She should be charged with murder.
boo hoo

Denver, CO

#7 Jun 17, 2008
Beanz The Cat wrote:
When my kids were 4 months old I gave them baths in a baby tub and I was always holding onto them. I dont understand how a 4 month old can drown unless (A) you walked away from them (now thats "stoopid") or (B)you intentionally drowned them. She should be charged with murder.
agree.
why would the mother do CPR on the front lawn and not immediately in the house......something doesn't ring true here.
Twenty Years old

West Islip, NY

#8 Jun 17, 2008
I'm twenty, and there is no way that this mother's child could accidentally drown in the bath tub if she was watching her. The child was four months old, count them, 1, 2, 3, 4. At four months old, that child can't even properly hold it self up, nor sit without aided support. There is no excuse for this child's death. I'm sorry for the family that this death is affecting, its an awful but avoidable tragedy.
Twenty Years old

West Islip, NY

#9 Jun 17, 2008
(Also, I don't live in Shirley, not sure why it says I do, I'm in Baiting Hollow)
unknown

Bay Shore, NY

#10 Jun 17, 2008
Slappy Sanchez wrote:
Why can't people seem to keep their children alive nowadays?
why on earth would people even have babies if they cant keep a close on them a 4 month old needs to be watch every second !!!
in the know

Garden City, NY

#11 Jun 17, 2008
No 4 month old should drown in a bathtub, unless of course the baby was left alone -- and that is a crime. Get it?
Non Student

Plainview, NY

#12 Jun 17, 2008
Whether or not it was accidental or intentional, that mom will have to live with this for the rest of her life.

May that poor child rest in peace.
JD in NC

Wise, VA

#13 Jun 17, 2008
OMG - what is wrong with people???

Why is a 4 month old in a tub alone? I am always in the bathroom or just a few feet away (within earshot and checking in constantly) when my 3 YEAR OLD is in the bathtub or when my 8 YEAR OLD is in the shower.

Crazy things can happen in the blink of an eye when you're dealing with children. You have to be ready or responsible enough to try to avert disaster in the first place.

As a mother, you are supposed to make sure that your children are safe, not put them in harms way.

RIP little one.
catch 22

Hauppauge, NY

#14 Jun 17, 2008
Twenty Years old wrote:
(Also, I don't live in Shirley, not sure why it says I do, I'm in Baiting Hollow)
It has something to do with your internet service provider.

“say what you mean...”

Since: Nov 07

and mean what you say.

#15 Jun 17, 2008
Beanz The Cat wrote:
absolutely, it's just common sense that a four month old is incapable of putting themselves in a position to drown without someone's "help."
ROFL

Milford, CT

#16 Jun 17, 2008
Its a horribly sad story. At 4 months old a child can drown in just a few inches of water and in the time it takes to answer the phone. No doubt the mother made a terrible mistake or was incredibly stupid, neither of which is murder. There would have to be indication of intent for that charge, which we backseat prosecuters really need to leave up to the authorities to investigate.

Why would the mother carry the child out to the front lawn and administer CPR is not so hard to imagine... outside of the house are people, outside of the house someone can see and stop and maybe help, outside of the house EMS can get to the child quicker.
Blaze

Raleigh, NC

#17 Jun 17, 2008
How does a 4-month old accidently drown in a bath tub? I don't get it where was the mother? Babies that age can't sit up by themselves. It just common sense they have to be watched every second while in a tub. When my children were that age I would put the baby's bath tub in a regular size tub and hold them up my focus was the baby nothing else mattered. What is wrong with people these days?
Idiots

Brentwood, NY

#18 Jun 17, 2008
Regardless, if I was on the jury whatever the facts, I would at least convict for endangerment (and stupidity)!
Family Friend

Warwick, RI

#19 Jun 17, 2008
I wish u people would stop commenting and respect our privacy to mourn. We are heart broken!
Deborah

Roslyn Heights, NY

#20 Jun 17, 2008
This is a tragically hard lesson for the mother to learn. Never, ever walk away from an infant or toddler in a tub. She carry the guilt for the rest of her life.
Slappy Sanchez

Wallington, NJ

#21 Jun 17, 2008
Family Friend wrote:
I wish u people would stop commenting and respect our privacy to mourn. We are heart broken!
So go mourn! Nobody is stopping you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hicksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 20 hr Bruser 2,363
Got kicked from the college need money, selling... Sat fred666 3
Man Found Dead in Jail Cell (Feb '12) Sat AllAboutTheBenjamins 10
Mosque at old Citibank location on Bedford?` Sat Frankie 1
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Sat Bruser 7,934
Six LI Catholic Elementary Schools to Close (Dec '11) Fri 31 years an RN 266
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Dec 18 Careless Crecca 69

Hicksville News Video

Hicksville Dating
Find my Match