Video leads to arrest in fatal Hicksville stabbing

Full story: Newsday 19
A video of a brutal stabbing death at a Hicksville gas station helped nab the man police say killed a clerk and fled with money and phone cards. Full Story
John

AOL

#1 Feb 28, 2009
Can he get the death penalty instead of life?
Sensible One

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#2 Feb 28, 2009
Answer reporters questions? The cockroach can't speak a word of English! But, oh, does he know his knives. Well, when you come from a country where carving up people instead of turkeys is just like a holiday and where running down pedestrians while drunk is considered a national sport, what do you expect?
what

Warwick, NY

#3 Feb 28, 2009
Where is the public outrage in this? A hardworking family gets killed by (Jose Luis Turcios Banegas)another hispanic probably an illegal one at that, and this story is not the sensation that others are right now!!! Noone has the right to be killed because of any reason but it seems when the hispanics are doing the killing it is just another day in the office.
jake

Scarsdale, NY

#5 Feb 28, 2009
Did you thank your Democratic Congressmen and Senators for keeping our Borders Open and allowing this guy as well as many others to walk into and around America without ANY fear of breaking our laws ??? Did you thank them for trying to make THIS GUY a Citizen last year ??? Thank them the next time you vote ! In fact E-Mail them this article the bloods on their hands as well as Newsday's !!! Wouldn't it be nice if Newsday gave this poor LEGAL victim half as much air time as they do their Illegals from Patchouge !!!
joseb

Hicksville, NY

#6 Feb 28, 2009
""Banegas worked at the Kabul Grill restaurant, less than a mile from the gas station, police said. He earned about $400 a week before taxes, he told the court through a translator. He was represented by attorney Donna C. Norman through the Legal Aid Society.""

Gee like that really matters in this story? Why would the police divulge that information regarding his pay before taxes; they do not do that in crime investigations? Why would he need a translator?

Not to mention this low life lives at 16 Meyers Avenue; a bunch of Section 8 housing units, apartments and houses full of Illegal Aliens.

Really good reporting, Newsday.
joseb

Hicksville, NY

#7 Feb 28, 2009
jake wrote:
Did you thank your Democratic Congressmen and Senators for keeping our Borders Open and allowing this guy as well as many others to walk into and around America without ANY fear of breaking our laws ??? Did you thank them for trying to make THIS GUY a Citizen last year ??? Thank them the next time you vote ! In fact E-Mail them this article the bloods on their hands as well as Newsday's !!! Wouldn't it be nice if Newsday gave this poor LEGAL victim half as much air time as they do their Illegals from Patchouge !!!
The most basic and the most fundamental responsibility that any government has in common and must provide; no matter what kind of government that is in power since the inception of government, "PROTECT YOUR PEOPLE".

With that said, every elected public servant is sworn to uphold the "laws" of the Constitution of the United States of America. In the Constitution of the United States of America, it directs the governments on what and how to protect the people of the United States of America; not Mexico, not China, not Canada, not Europe, the United States of America and only the United States of America and it possessions.

The elected public servants are not upholding the laws of the Constitution of the United States of America; they are pandering to a potential voting bloc. It also does not help that every time someone tries to tackle the Illegal Alien problem they are brought into court by the radical-open border special interests groups.

This is our land, our country, not Mexico’s, not Canada’s, not China’s and definitely not the government’s; as it states in the Constitution of the United States of America; Article I, Section VIII, Clause XV - To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions. 20+ million people ILLEGALLY in the United States of America correspond to a major insurrection and an INVASION.

So it is not a “Federal problem” it is a government problem, every single member of government in this nation!!!!!!!!!!
joseb

Hicksville, NY

#8 Feb 28, 2009
what wrote:
Where is the public outrage in this? A hardworking family gets killed by (Jose Luis Turcios Banegas)another hispanic probably an illegal one at that, and this story is not the sensation that others are right now!!! Noone has the right to be killed because of any reason but it seems when the hispanics are doing the killing it is just another day in the office.
File a complaint to the Dept. of Justice Civil Rights.
The Illegal Alien advocates want to play the civil rights game, well it is time we the people of the United States of America start flooding the Justice Department with complaints. I spoke to the person at the DOJ and she agreed that I do have a legitimate civil right violation in regards to the Illegal Aliens committing crimes and not being prosecuted.
This is our nation not theirs to Illegally do what they please to do with and to decide what laws are not good for them.

This is the link for the complaint form:

http://www.ojp.gov/about/ocr/pdfs/cvf.pdf
Southbound

Lindenhurst, NY

#9 Feb 28, 2009
So there is a video, and he's been arrested, so I assume their is a photograph taken upon arrest..... why no picture? Is there anything else that might be relevant information that isn't being shared? Why do I always worry that Newsday has edited the story?
All

Milford, CT

#10 Feb 28, 2009
All immigrants are to be judged armed and dangerous. The more I read newsdays articles, illegal crimes and guns etc are mainly by non-whites. We should hang criminals and leave them on the streets to set an example of what will happen to you.
John

AOL

#11 Feb 28, 2009
An illegal latino, working illegally at an Indian restaurant, stabs an Indian to death. Now we have to put him up in jail for the rest of his miserable, illegal life, where he will be treated better than he was treated in his country. The Kabul Grill is a cockaroach haven, from the owners, the help to the food. Boycott that dump and all it's illegal help.
Unreal

Ronkonkoma, NY

#12 Feb 28, 2009
"He earned about $400 a week before taxes, he told the court through a translator..."

Bull. He was paid off the books becasue he has no SSN.

Why doesn't Newsady look into how many local business are cheating local, state, and federal gov'ts out of their fair share of taxes...

The victim was here legally too. And I'm reasonably confident that the suspect was ILLEGAL. Here's a solution. Deport the illegal aliens and crime will plummet. Enforce the already existing immigration laws. It's a FELONY to be in the US illegally.

When will this madness end?
EYEFORANEYE

Bridgeport, CT

#13 Feb 28, 2009
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE If there is any JUSTICE LEFT IN THIS LAND THEN IMPOSE THE DEATH SENTENCE ON THIS COLD VICIOUS KILLER. I KNEW THE VICTIM AND HE WAS A REALLY NICE GUY.
IM SO OUTRAGED BY THIS.
REST IN PEACE DHARAM THIS SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED TO YOU.
MEG

AOL

#14 Feb 28, 2009
Jake - I missed the line in the story that said the "alleged" murder was an illegal immigrant/alien. Has anyone in the media reported this in writing? If not, I wish they would give Banegas's immigration status. The fact that the media hasn't, tells me they are trying to hide the fact that the another man would not be dead if the politicians didn't make illegal aliens welcome in this country. If they aren't here, they can't kill, rob, hurt or steal the housing and jobs of American Citizens and legal immigrants.

Also, why do illegal immigrants get section 8 housing? How can they qualify for it and block an American Citizen who is in need from getting the housing?a Kind of the same why Obam's Auntie got the section 8 housing in Boston and kept an American Citizen from getting the benefit we all pay for.
jake wrote:
Amazing ! A Comment box with a story thats about an ILLEGAL ALIEN , Oh ! Thats right Newsday never thinks it's important to mention someones immigration statur UNLESS THEY'RE THE VICTIM !!! Yesterday we would have cried if they arrested this hadr working man for being here Illegaly . Now that we waited for him to kill someone i guess we can deport him now !!!!
jake

Scarsdale, NY

#17 Mar 1, 2009
MEG wrote:
Jake - I missed the line in the story that said the "alleged" murder was an illegal immigrant/alien. Has anyone in the media reported this in writing? If not, I wish they would give Banegas's immigration status. The fact that the media hasn't, tells me they are trying to hide the fact that the another man would not be dead if the politicians didn't make illegal aliens welcome in this country. If they aren't here, they can't kill, rob, hurt or steal the housing and jobs of American Citizens and legal immigrants.
Also, why do illegal immigrants get section 8 housing? How can they qualify for it and block an American Citizen who is in need from getting the housing?a Kind of the same why Obam's Auntie got the section 8 housing in Boston and kept an American Citizen from getting the benefit we all pay for.
<quoted text>
The "ANCHOR BABY" gets the Sec8 housing , foodstamps , healthcare , the rest of the 200 in the family go for the ride !!! Have you thanked your Senators and Congressmen for continueing the " ANCHOR BABY SWEEPSTAKES" ? As long as they allow this they''ll still be getting knocked up the day they arrive if their not already !! That babys a ticket to 18 years of freebies on YOU !!! But don't worru Obama and the Demovcrats are going to make them all Citizens so the whole mob can qualify for the American Freebie Program !!!
MEG

AOL

#18 Mar 1, 2009
I don't see any coverage of the murder in today's paper?

Is it because the "alleged" killer is really an illegal immigrant? Doesn't Mr. Paul deserve the same daily coverage that Newsday is giving the other murder story involving an illegal immigrant? Or is it only ok to devote that much ink to a story if the victim is an illegal immigrant and the "alleged" killer is a American citizen.

Both are tragedies of equal proprtion. It seems news coverage of one is a little more equal than the other.

I would hope that the media reports the news fairly. I do expect that American citizens, legal immigrants and illegal immigrants who have been victimized by the crimes of illegal immigrants get the same coverage that Newsday and other liberally biased media outlets give to the stories of the illegal immigrants who have crimes committed against them by American Citizens.

Why does Newsday only try to paint the American citizen as being the victimizer?

How about American news outlets standing up for American citizen rights?
Unreal

Ronkonkoma, NY

#20 Mar 6, 2009
MEG wrote:
Is it because the "alleged" killer is really an illegal immigrant? Doesn't Mr. Paul deserve the same daily coverage that Newsday is giving the other murder story involving an illegal immigrant? Or is it only ok to devote that much ink to a story if the victim is an illegal immigrant and the "alleged" killer is a American citizen.
Both are tragedies of equal proprtion. It seems news coverage of one is a little more equal than the other.
I would hope that the media reports the news fairly. I do expect that American citizens, legal immigrants and illegal immigrants who have been victimized by the crimes of illegal immigrants get the same coverage that Newsday and other liberally biased media outlets give to the stories of the illegal immigrants who have crimes committed against them by American Citizens.
Why does Newsday only try to paint the American citizen as being the victimizer?
Amen !!! Good post
None

Howell, NJ

#21 Mar 18, 2009
I knew this man, who was murdered. I never knew until today that he died. He was a good man, with a wife, two daughters and one son. He was stabbed multiple times and begged to not die and willingly gave the code to the cash register , but this crazy inhuman Hispanic took this working man's life just for $500 and prepaid cards? May the Gurus bless his soul. Another innocent life has been destroyed.
None

Howell, NJ

#22 Mar 18, 2009
autorite fecale wrote:
Well, at least the video surveillance of the dude getting all stabbed up was pretty cool. I suspect it'll be making the rounds on the next Real/Wacky/Extreeeem Videos compilation television show shortly.
You think that is cool? That is rude and disgusting. Why don't you get all stabbed up and I will call that cool.
what

Warwick, NY

#25 Mar 21, 2009
MEG wrote:
I agree with you completely! Scan today's stories and notice that every murderer listed is hispanic. American citizens are just supposed to accept this. Conversely when the victim is Hispanic and assailant American which
although equally horrific you never hear the outrage in the media.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hicksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 1 hr Bruser 7,937
Dogwood la 14 hr Sambee 1
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Tue Bruser 2,365
Man Found Dead in Jail Cell (Feb '12) Mon GODBlessAmerica 11
Sea Cliff Birthdays (Jun '10) Dec 22 world traveler 8
Review: Bt Orthotic Labs Inc (Oct '08) Dec 22 James 6
Got kicked from the college need money, selling... Dec 20 fred666 3

Hicksville News Video

Hicksville Dating
Find my Match