Students OK after fire at Long Island high school

There are 3 comments on the The Associated Press story from Feb 16, 2009, titled Students OK after fire at Long Island high school . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Police say a smoky fire has broken out at a Long Island high school while a handful of students were there, but all of them are safe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

hhs student

Hicksville, NY

#1 Feb 17, 2009
yay!!!!! maybe we will get more days off due to hicksville stupiy of not fixing the problem after last year of send all the stundets in to the rain due the steam pipe exploding.
Karam

Hicksville, NY

#2 Feb 17, 2009
I was there. We were working on a robot when the alarm went off. The custodian told us it was a false alarm, so we stayed. 5 minutes later he said it was real. We ran out of the tech room to the teacher parking lot, and saw smoke coming from the tower. A few of us ran to the bleachers and saw flames reflecting off the smoke. The firefighters let us back into get our stuff, because the tech hallway wasn't in danger. We packed up the stuff and left.
Meeee

Smithtown, NY

#3 Feb 17, 2009
don't think you can afford days off from school- you cannot spell and your grammar is awful
hhs student wrote:
yay!!!!! maybe we will get more days off due to hicksville stupiy of not fixing the problem after last year of send all the stundets in to the rain due the steam pipe exploding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hicksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 6 hr Save you lives 8,031
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) 9 hr veronica 26
News Long Island wife Kelly Forbes charged with stra... (Dec '07) 10 hr BUBBLESNY 80
News Man Found Dead in Jail Cell (Feb '12) Sat mjjcpa 14
News Father and son arrested in Copiague drug bust (Mar '09) May 22 Somebody who real... 18
Debate: Nuclear Power - Huntington Station, NY (May '11) May 22 FP 2
Review: Jet Wash May 22 Mannyg 1
More from around the web

Hicksville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]