Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes

Aug 27, 2009 Full story: Massapequan Observer 2,362

Our Lady of Lourdes School, located in Massapequa Park, has named Rita Anne Swift, a longtime Catholic school educator and administrator, as its new principal.

Full Story
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#3116 Mar 31, 2013
Lou Gia wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Bruser! Msgr. Jim has no idea how pro-abortion Anthony the EM is. It's such hypocrisy to stand there on the altar in a white robe and then distribute the Body of Christ when you have no regard for the sanctity of life and the unborn.
It must have been a sad day though last Sunday for Anthony the EM with his "buddy" (haha) away.
How much was he texting/hounding him?
Beautiful prayer written last week by Toni Pom Pom for Anthony the EM on her Prayer Group FB Page for him.
Nothing changes, Lou. You're still a flaming a***ole.
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#3118 Mar 31, 2013
Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you spoken to Msgr Lisante about your beliefs? I just read his bulletin of this week. I will post it for your reading. The Pope resigned and I believe you had better resign as you are not a true Catholic, and I believe you would be removed from your position if Msgr See's your posts and your beliefs which are 360 degrees in opposition to his own beliefs, and his anti-abortion passion. Or do you not know what he had told his sister when she was going to have an abortion. You are an abomination, and a foolish man. May our Lord have mercy on you, and awaken you before it is too late.
Dominus Vobiscum
You arrogant, self-righteous, piece of s***. You might try worrying about you own failings, Itchy, instead of judging others.

I, for one, am glad that the Pope resigned. Maybe our new Pope will work to bring back all of the faithful that the conservative Catholic zealots -- you included -- drove away.

And how incredibly ironic that you now defend the good Monsignor in your rants. Not too long ago you regularly denounced and berated him in this very forum. Change of heart, Itchy? Or just another part of your delusion, paranoia and dementia?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#3119 Apr 1, 2013
Itchy Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
You arrogant, self-righteous, piece of s***. You might try worrying about you own failings, Itchy, instead of judging others.
I, for one, am glad that the Pope resigned. Maybe our new Pope will work to bring back all of the faithful that the conservative Catholic zealots -- you included -- drove away.
And how incredibly ironic that you now defend the good Monsignor in your rants. Not too long ago you regularly denounced and berated him in this very forum. Change of heart, Itchy? Or just another part of your delusion, paranoia and dementia?
Dominus Vobiscum

Location hidden

#3121 Apr 2, 2013
Today is day 4 of the Divine Mercy prayers, which started on Good Friday:
Home / What is Divine Mercy?/ Forms of Devotion / The Chaplet of The Divine Mercy / How to Recite the Chaplet
The Chaplet of The Divine Mercy
How to Recite the Chaplet

The Chaplet of Mercy is recited using ordinary rosary beads of five decades. The Chaplet is preceded by two opening prayers from the Diary of Saint Faustina and followed by a closing prayer.
1. Make the Sign of the Cross

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
2. Optional Opening Prayers

You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.

(Repeat three times)
O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!
3. Our Father

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.
4. Hail Mary

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.
5. The Apostle's Creed

I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; He descended into hell; on the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
6. The Eternal Father

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.
7. On the Ten Small Beads of Each Decade

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
8. Repeat for the remaining decades

Saying the "Eternal Father" (6) on the "Our Father" bead and then 10 "For the sake of His sorrowful Passion" (7) on the following "Hail Mary" beads.
9. Conclude with Holy God (Repeat three times)

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
10. Optional Closing Prayer

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.
Lou Gia

United States

#3124 Apr 3, 2013
Frank wrote:
I think Anthony "isn't feeling the love" anymore..." :(
Frank, Bruser, WHG, et al,
So the vulgar rage of Anthony our beloved EM continues. But where's this rage coming from? And on Easter Sunday he posts these profanities? Didn't he listen to his "buddy's" homily? Or was he too busy just staring at him? So sad for his poor wife.
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#3126 Apr 4, 2013
Who knows? He must have had a horrible relationship with his parents.

The damage goes way back.
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#3128 Apr 5, 2013
'Morning-after' pill can be given to all ages, judge rules
April 5, 2013 by JOHN RILEY / john.riley@newsday.com

A federal judge in Brooklyn has ruled that the so-called "morning-after pill" for contraception should be made available to women of all ages over the counter, without a prescription and without point-of-sale restrictions.

U.S. District Judge Edward Korman found that existing restrictions of the Food and Drug Administration and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services limiting access to women 17 and older were "arbitrary and capricious."

Korman said the agencies had bowed to "political pressure" from the White House, and said there was no health risk in making it available even to girls as young as young as 10 or 11. He said the imprudence of children that young having intercourse was not part of the statutory standard for drug regulation.

"The standards are the same for aspirin and contraceptives," Korman wrote.

He ordered that his ruling should take effect in 30 days. The lawsuit over the morning-after pill -- known as the Plan B contraceptive -- was initiated by reproductive rights groups.

Currently, women under 17 have to have a prescription, and women older than 17 can only purchase the pill at a pharmacy with identification.

Officials at the Department of Justice and HHS in Washington had no immediate comment on whether the government would appeal.

The Center for Reproductive Rights, one of the groups that had sued to overturn restrictions on the pill, lauded Korman's decision.

"Today science has finally prevailed over politics," said Nancy Northup, president of the group. "This landmark court decision has struck a huge blow to the deep-seated discrimination that has for too long denied women access to a full range of safe and effective birth control methods."

Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards said quick and easy access to the morning-after pill was safe even for young teens, and necessary to allow girls to avoid unintended pregnancies due to ineffective contraception or unprotected sex.

"This ruling is good policy, good science and good sense," she said.

Planned Parenthood of Nassau County, JoAnn Smith, president, said her organization welcomes the ruling.

"We are very, very, very happy for women of all ages. It expands access to birth control and to the health care that women need in order to prevent unintended pregnancies," she said. "We know that teen pregnancy is higher than it should be in Nassau County, and not all teens have access to sex education courses which would provide them with the information they need.

"If you make the decision to be sexually active, you must practice safe sex and that means not only birth control, but also condoms to avoid sexually transmitted diseases. This [morning-after] pill is only a backup. Accidents do happen and this is the safety belt to make sure and to prevent unintended pregnancies."

With William Murphy
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#3129 Apr 5, 2013
Lou Gia wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank, Bruser, WHG, et al,
So the vulgar rage of Anthony our beloved EM continues. But where's this rage coming from? And on Easter Sunday he posts these profanities? Didn't he listen to his "buddy's" homily? Or was he too busy just staring at him? So sad for his poor wife.
So your bulls**t has spilled over onto this forum, too, Lou? Doesn't matter. You're still an a***ole.
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#3130 Apr 5, 2013
Frank wrote:
Who knows? He must have had a horrible relationship with his parents.
The damage goes way back.
Now you're a psychologist, too, Frankie? Didn't know there was any such thing as a "psychologist-a***ole "!!

Location hidden

#3131 Apr 5, 2013
Itchy Watch wrote:
'Morning-after' pill can be given to all ages, judge rules
April 5, 2013 by JOHN RILEY / john.riley@newsday.com
A federal judge in Brooklyn has ruled that the so-called "morning-after pill" for contraception should be made available to women of all ages over the counter, without a prescription and without point-of-sale restrictions.
U.S. District Judge Edward Korman found that existing restrictions of the Food and Drug Administration and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services limiting access to women 17 and older were "arbitrary and capricious."
Korman said the agencies had bowed to "political pressure" from the White House, and said there was no health risk in making it available even to girls as young as young as 10 or 11. He said the imprudence of children that young having intercourse was not part of the statutory standard for drug regulation.
"The standards are the same for aspirin and contraceptives," Korman wrote.
He ordered that his ruling should take effect in 30 days. The lawsuit over the morning-after pill -- known as the Plan B contraceptive -- was initiated by reproductive rights groups.
Currently, women under 17 have to have a prescription, and women older than 17 can only purchase the pill at a pharmacy with identification.
Officials at the Department of Justice and HHS in Washington had no immediate comment on whether the government would appeal.
The Center for Reproductive Rights, one of the groups that had sued to overturn restrictions on the pill, lauded Korman's decision.

Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards said quick and easy access to the morning-after pill was safe even for young teens, and necessary to allow girls to avoid unintended pregnancies due to ineffective contraception or unprotected sex.
"This ruling is good policy, good science and good sense," she said.
Planned Parenthood of Nassau County, JoAnn Smith, president, said her organization welcomes the ruling.
"We are very, very, very happy for women of all ages. It expands access to birth control and to the health care that women need in order to prevent unintended pregnancies," she said. "We know that teen pregnancy is higher than it should be in Nassau County, and not all teens have access to sex education courses which would provide them with the information they need.
"If you make the decision to be sexually active, you must practice safe sex and that means not only birth control, but also condoms to avoid sexually transmitted diseases. This [morning-after] pill is only a backup. Accidents do happen and this is the safety belt to make sure and to prevent unintended pregnancies."
With William Murphy
Lou,Frank, Ladies, I can not understand the last three words,
"with William Murphy". Is "Itchy Watch" making innuendos regarding
pregnancies to at slap in the face of Bishop William Murphy?
Does this also mean that Anthony advocates this for his Children?
Now I know why "Itchy Watch", and the Topix Editor "PuffinLady" the
Wiccan, get along so well. Is "Itchy Watch" a Wiccan in disguise?
Really too insane to pay attention to his/her posts. This whole
anti-christian "Free Sex with Abortion waiting if you mess up" is the case of the loonies/homosexuals/LGBT multiplying quicker than
roaches. Look at what GOD did with the Jewish, how they were cut off from the "Root of Jessie", what do you think will be in store for those that were "Grafted on" to the root of Jessie???
I sudder for the young people, they are heading into the fires of
Hell, and think they are on the road to..........where? Jesus taught to ignore the urges of our bodies, and follow the urgings of our spirit. What do those who have no spirit do?
Lord have mercy.
Dominus Vobiscum
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#3132 Apr 5, 2013
Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Lou,Frank, Ladies, I can not understand the last three words,
"with William Murphy". Is "Itchy Watch" making innuendos regarding
pregnancies to at slap in the face of Bishop William Murphy?
Does this also mean that Anthony advocates this for his Children?
Now I know why "Itchy Watch", and the Topix Editor "PuffinLady" the
Wiccan, get along so well. Is "Itchy Watch" a Wiccan in disguise?
Really too insane to pay attention to his/her posts. This whole
anti-christian "Free Sex with Abortion waiting if you mess up" is the case of the loonies/homosexuals/LGBT multiplying quicker than
roaches. Look at what GOD did with the Jewish, how they were cut off from the "Root of Jessie", what do you think will be in store for those that were "Grafted on" to the root of Jessie???
I sudder for the young people, they are heading into the fires of
Hell, and think they are on the road to..........where? Jesus taught to ignore the urges of our bodies, and follow the urgings of our spirit. What do those who have no spirit do?
Lord have mercy.
Dominus Vobiscum
you can't pay any attention to this individual and what he spouts. He is so childish and ignorant. I wonder what his sister Diane thinks of him?? We know Jackie must have a miserable existence being married to Anthony. I feel so much pain for the daughters. My God! Can you imagine how damages they must be having a rage-filled lowlife for a father?

They are the ones who need our prayers
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#3133 Apr 5, 2013
Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Dominus Vobiscum
. All this anger because his so-called buddy msgr Jim haven't given him enough "attention."

How sick is this man. His whole happiness depends on the attention of a priest?
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#3134 Apr 5, 2013
...he is insanely jealous of your intellect Bruser.
It all begins there---
Lou Gia

Stanton, NJ

#3136 Apr 6, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>. All this anger because his so-called buddy msgr Jim haven't given him enough "attention."
How sick is this man. His whole happiness depends on the attention of a priest?
Frank you can't make this stuff up. Anthony the EM probably only feels "important" when his "buddy" Msgr. Jim gives him a little attention, or an errand to do like all the other fans. His wife must be living a nightmare.
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#3139 Apr 6, 2013
Let me be the first to wish the pastor a happy 61st birthday this Sunday, April 7th.

As a member of the class of 1970, Jim was always considered lucky back then since he was one of the first to be 18years old and therefore eligible to drive that summer while the majority of us didn't reach the magic number until the late summer or fall of 1970.

It's funny how these are the memories and milestones that stick in your head.

He JIM, remember the Nova?? How about sly stone playing on the eight (8) track??

Great memories--!

Enjoy your day-- send my best to mom and patty
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#3140 Apr 6, 2013
WHG--- I'll see you at the birthday luncheon.
WestHempsteadGal

Bay Shore, NY

#3141 Apr 6, 2013
Frank wrote:
WHG--- I'll see you at the birthday luncheon.
Will be there Frank! Lou, are you coming?
A Happy 61st Birthday to Jim and Many Happy Returns!
WestHempsteadGal

Bay Shore, NY

#3142 Apr 6, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>you can't pay any attention to this individual and what he spouts. He is so childish and ignorant. I wonder what his sister Diane thinks of him?? We know Jackie must have a miserable existence being married to Anthony. I feel so much pain for the daughters. My God! Can you imagine how damages they must be having a rage-filled lowlife for a father?
They are the ones who need our prayers
And also praying for Anthony the EM, his wife and daughters. Toni Pom Pom put up a special prayer on her Facebook prayer page for him. Tons of beautiful and supportive comments! As Toni Pom Pom said, it took the Jewish people 40 years to return to God after being led to the Promised Land. Hopefully it won't take Anthony the EM that long to see the light, but as she said, we continue to pray to save Anthony the EM, no matter how long it takes.
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#3144 Apr 8, 2013
WestHempsteadGal wrote:
<quoted text>
And also praying for Anthony the EM, his wife and daughters. Toni Pom Pom put up a special prayer on her Facebook prayer page for him. Tons of beautiful and supportive comments! As Toni Pom Pom said, it took the Jewish people 40 years to return to God after being led to the Promised Land. Hopefully it won't take Anthony the EM that long to see the light, but as she said, we continue to pray to save Anthony the EM, no matter how long it takes.
She is certainly a woman of great faith and the power of prayer. Anthony will be healed. The Lord does not abandon the prayers of the faithful.
Lou Gia

New York, NY

#3145 Apr 8, 2013
WestHempsteadGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Will be there Frank! Lou, are you coming?
A Happy 61st Birthday to Jim and Many Happy Returns!
Yes I'll be there. Another sad Sunday for Anthony the EM with his "buddy" Msgr. Jim gone another week from OLL. Msgr. is a very busy man and has a lot of other things to do. Jim texted me last week about it and I know he called you Frank.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hicksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 11 hr Bruser 7,931
Levittown Orthodontist Secures Patent for Devic... Tue Gerald Vonberger 1
Lottery announces LI million-dollar winners (Dec '13) Tue Lawndell Washington 14
Rosendo 'Rusty' Torres, former Yankee, sentence... Mon Sad 1
Mother loses custody of daughters over 'House o... (Apr '07) Dec 14 Democracy 7
Hempstead mayor wants housing board changes (Apr '13) Dec 12 sugar babies 2
Letter: Save the Trees Nov 26 Joe Krupinski 1

Hicksville News Video

Hicksville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hicksville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hicksville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hicksville