Bayside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

Judged:

The Indian restaurant opened today and I decided to order a takeout delivery. I have seen this restaurant under development for a couple of months and I was dying to try their food. Let me tell you that it was amazing. In Long Island, it has certainly become my favorite Indian Cuisine. The service was quick and the staff was friendly. The lamb chops are the best I've ever tried and the Dal and Chicken Makhani are fabulous.
sam

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2008

Judged:

seems like you are an insider . promoting the restaurant
Rahul

Rahway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Judged:

Horrible Exp!!!!

The place is so small. We had to wait 10 mins until someone seated us. And it wasn't even busy. maybe two tables were seated. Anyway... the staff and manager are very rude and were rushing us. We were waiting for two people, but they kept rushing us. The food was decent not even close to the New York City location. The service was very slow and was confused and had no idea what was going on. The Manager himself was very rude when i asked him for water..(shouldn't that be done without asking??) anyway the portions were small and deff not worth the price. I live in Long Island but if I want Bukhara food i would rather Travel to the City. Deff will not go back to this location.
Raha

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

place is rather small but food is on point. service is ok, but better then random indian restaurants.
Sandy

Bayside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2008

Judged:

Wow, finally I've found a restaurant in Hicksville I could brag to my Manhattan friends about. This taste, honestly, better than the Bukhara in NYC and their appetizers are amazing. They appetizers arrive sizzling with steam reaching to the ceiling. Staff was friendly, and waiter had good recommendations. While, the place is small compared to other Indian cuisines, its quality allows that blemish to be hidden. I am not exaggerating this, and will certainly bring my friends in the future. Oh yea, and try their Dal Bukara, its really gooood
andy chadha

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Judged:

There's nothing else that comes to my mind but WOW!! food is scrumptious and the drinks are on point. The waiters are friendly and have a good knowledge about the cocktails(unlike rest of the indian restaurants in long island). I wish this place was open when i took my in laws out to ask for their daughters hand, it was a disaster to make a long story short i got a hot cup of tea instead of a long island ice tea. this place is going to see a lot of me and my friends. Do try dal bukhara and their sizzling lamb chops ooh they are goood!!
sonal nangia

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

Judged:

i have to tell you the food sucks!!! i went with my family. the service was not good. had to wait for 15 min.the tables were not cleaned. the food tasted bad. we had to ask them to get us water. the drinks were warm.
it was not a pleasant experience & the food was way too expensive. buckhara grill in the manhattan is better.
Patel

Bayside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2008

Judged:

this food is really good. I went their with my family and the appitizers were amazing. I liked the gobi manchurian and paneer manchurian the best. The lambchops were huge. If you go there try the dal bukhara and chicken makhini great.
AJAY

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2008

Awesome is the right word to describe the restaurant.I mean yet to see a indian restaurant like this man,the place is so warm and romantic besides being a little small me and my girlfriend went for dinner and the experience was great i forced her to have a drink at first she refused because we were at a indian restaurant but i insisted and you know wut it made my night that was a perfect cocktail.She ended up having 3.The food was amazing not like these fake indian restaurant some true food from Delhi.The chicken makhni and the lamb chops were untouchable.Ihave not had indian food like this in a long time.In two words (THE BEST)
Bobby

Bayside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

Amazing indian food. Me and my family went today and the food was great. DAL BUKHARA CHICKEN MAKHANI AND PANEER WAS AWESOME. all the appetizers were fab. It reminded me of India. Try going there you'll love it.
Have to read thisss

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2009

Judged:

Well first of all, the place is nice but the service- SUCKS!
I went there with my family and I go there a lot because we own that whole plaza but I thought maybe since the economy is bad and it's hard to make a lot of money, they would take every customer. We didnt wait a lot to get seated but we were there for almost 4 hours to finish our dinner. Everything was extremely slow and it was not so busy but people still waited for over 15 minutes until someone would attend them
There was a point where my family told the owner to go help others since they were totally not being treated well, the reply we got from the person working there was " I am not suppose to be working today but I am so it doesn't matter if they leave, someone else will walk in and if i have time we will def take care of them"...After hearing that I had no comments..

Food- good
but service SUCKS....
Sangita

Bayside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

Judged:

I dont know what the guy on top of me is talking about but the service was excellent went I went there on Valentines Day. It was packed and there waiting outside and they had really fast service. I would give this restaurant 5 out of 5
sharma sigh

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

70 broadway hicksville tandoori kooc verey good and lamb chop and picale mushrrom chicken tikka bara kabab sub shik kaba naan malai kabab and tandoori cook is verey good
THe conference rooom

Oceanside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2010

The food was great and service is ok... THERE IS NO FOOD BETTER IN LI THEN BUKHARA! the lamb chops and daal is on point. Price is very competitive and everything is served according to taste.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hicksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 10 hr Bruser 2,282
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Tue College Professor 6,391
Police: Narcan Used to Revive Woman in Massapeq... Tue Marcus Webb 2
Need to Get a Birth Certificate (Feb '07) Aug 17 natadqt 24
Review: Auto Gallery Imports (Jan '11) Aug 17 ROCINHA 46
What happened (Jun '11) Aug 17 ScottLINY 2
Thomas Hoey Jr. wants to get out on bail to sav... Aug 15 Justice served 8

Search the Hicksville Forum:
•••

Hicksville News Video

•••
Hicksville Dating

more search filters

less search filters