nassau cop struck in hit-run

nassau cop struck in hit-run

There are 49 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 28, 2008, titled nassau cop struck in hit-run. In it, Newsday reports that:

A hit-and-run driver was arrested after he knocked a Nassau police officer onto the hood of his patrol car in Hicksville early yesterday, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“We need another Reagan!”

Since: Sep 07

Somewhere in Nassau County, NY

#1 Dec 28, 2008
Get well Officer!
fotoguy

White Plains, NY

#2 Dec 28, 2008
Throw the book at this scumbag
Hello

Bridgeport, CT

#4 Dec 28, 2008
fotoguy wrote:
Throw the book at this scumbag
How do you know who was at fault... There's been dense fog the last two evenings... You are wrong to make judgement...
anonymous

Sayreville, NJ

#5 Dec 28, 2008
He's definitely guilty of leaving the scene personal injury. He hit someone, and then left the scene. Thats the definition of the crime. He wasn't charged with assault, or anything along those lines.

and he had a cracked windshield, and didn't stop to try to figure out why?

If it was foggy, then failure to exercise due caution, and speed imprudent for conditions.
WhiteBreedCracka

Morris Plains, NJ

#6 Dec 28, 2008
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know who was at fault... There's been dense fog the last two evenings... You are wrong to make judgement...
What are you related to the driver? Hit and Run.. Regardless who was at fault WHY DIDNT HE STOP? WHY DID THEY HAVE TO FIND HIM, WHETHER HE HIT A CAR OR A PERSON. HE DROVE AWAY S C U M B A G
LOL

Bronx, NY

#7 Dec 28, 2008
LOL
UNDERSTOOD

Bronx, NY

#8 Dec 28, 2008
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know who was at fault... There's been dense fog the last two evenings... You are wrong to make judgement...
This might be the case! There was alot of fog in the area in wantagh hate to say it! Just because this guy was a cop that got hit dose not make him a hero! I hate when oooo a cop was hit big deal! I work in the iron worker and if a peice of iron was droped on my head you think this cop or you would say throw the book on whoever droped it???? no so im sticking with the fog besides all cops are scumssss! I hope that the person never got a chance to get a ticket! hahahahahha
Hello

Bridgeport, CT

#9 Dec 28, 2008
WhiteBreedCracka wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you related to the driver? Hit and Run.. Regardless who was at fault WHY DIDNT HE STOP? WHY DID THEY HAVE TO FIND HIM, WHETHER HE HIT A CAR OR A PERSON. HE DROVE AWAY S C U M B A G
I've had occasions where I saw nothing and could'nt explain what happened... He hit the mirror so anything is possible.... You know, Rock, Branch, maybe he had music going... Idiot heartleess jerks !!!
fotoguy

White Plains, NY

#10 Dec 28, 2008
Hello wrote:
He left the scene. Or didn't you read the story? Fog or no fog, he left the scene
chas521

Bridgehampton, NY

#11 Dec 28, 2008
UNDERSTOOD wrote:
<quoted text> This might be the case! There was alot of fog in the area in wantagh hate to say it! Just because this guy was a cop that got hit dose not make him a hero! I hate when oooo a cop was hit big deal! I work in the iron worker and if a peice of iron was droped on my head you think this cop or you would say throw the book on whoever droped it???? no so im sticking with the fog besides all cops are scumssss! I hope that the person never got a chance to get a ticket! hahahahahha
Our school tax dollars at work.
Hello

Bridgeport, CT

#12 Dec 28, 2008
fotoguy wrote:
<quoted text>
He left the scene. Or didn't you read the story? Fog or no fog, he left the scene
Were all guilty of leaving a scene at some time or another from a loud noise that you could'nt figure out... Why would he heave if he was'nt impaired, I don't see any relevent charges to give good reason for him to leave, and to me that's highly unusual ???
Hello

Bridgeport, CT

#13 Dec 28, 2008
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>Were all guilty of leaving a scene at some time or another from a loud noise that you could'nt figure out... Why would he heave if he was'nt impaired, I don't see any relevent charges to give good reason for him to leave, and to me that's highly unusual ???
That's leave not heave... And I am tired of you atheistic, not democract but liberal gutless , heartless jerks !!! You people have created most political problems in this Country, and that's a fact... Law after law... Law after law !!!
Bob from Finesville

Fort Lee, NJ

#14 Dec 28, 2008
UNDERSTOOD wrote:
<quoted text> This might be the case! There was alot of fog in the area in wantagh hate to say it! Just because this guy was a cop that got hit dose not make him a hero! I hate when oooo a cop was hit big deal! I work in the iron worker and if a peice of iron was droped on my head you think this cop or you would say throw the book on whoever droped it???? no so im sticking with the fog besides all cops are scumssss! I hope that the person never got a chance to get a ticket! hahahahahha
You better stay "in the iron worker" position as you typed, with your choice of words and incorrect grammar, that's all your suited for. It sounds like you've been hit on the head with iron numerous times. And as for your reading comprehension, he was at a disturbance, not writting a ticket!! Learn to read, learn to write,...better yet, stay off the computer and stick with the comic books !!!!
Hello

Bridgeport, CT

#15 Dec 28, 2008
fotoguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Under the circumstances which the district attorney and Police and Newsday has published, I don't blame a person for becoming frightened... The system has become so corrupt, and if you were'nt drunk, you better go home and call a lawyer or hope for the best...... The mind can become confused, especially when you think they're going to try to screw you ... Where's the reason to leave ???
umm

Randolph, NJ

#16 Dec 28, 2008
how about all of you people get lives and stop posting comments about people you dont even know. pathetic.
HIIII

Randolph, NJ

#17 Dec 28, 2008
you are soo right. and newsday and all the other publishers in the world better watch what you say cause it aint true alot of the shi* people are saying sooo get a life whosevers saying hes a scumbag
Hello

Bridgeport, CT

#18 Dec 28, 2008
anonymous wrote:
He's definitely guilty of leaving the scene personal injury. He hit someone, and then left the scene. Thats the definition of the crime. He wasn't charged with assault, or anything along those lines.
and he had a cracked windshield, and didn't stop to try to figure out why?
If it was foggy, then failure to exercise due caution, and speed imprudent for conditions.
How on earth did the Drivers side mirror get cracked, that in itself seems bizarre... I tell you it's 4am in the morning , bad area, loud thump on car... Get the heck out of there.... The County and counterparts have scared away many citizens... I saw nothing !!!
HIIII

Randolph, NJ

#19 Dec 28, 2008
so what do we think about comment 16 and 17??
Hello

Bridgeport, CT

#20 Dec 28, 2008
HIIII wrote:
so what do we think about comment 16 and 17??
YesI agree.. I try to be resonable as if it was dark and confusing... Even a medium size dog runs out of instinct...Were living in a day where you have little time to guess if it's worth sticking around, even if you are there to help... It's happened to me before, and I kept going, when years ago I would have stuck around to help !!!
HIIII

Randolph, NJ

#21 Dec 28, 2008
i did not get that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hicksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
iLoveKickboxing Hicksville (Jan '16) 5 hr melody 3
News Tankleff half sister rips DA, says Marty's guilty (Jan '08) Apr 24 Kennymac 105
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Apr 24 Bianca mangiaracina 57
News Nassau Cop Gets Community Service for Stealing ... (Jun '12) Apr 22 Anonymous 4
Sammy's Inferno, Gardiner's Ave. off Hempstead ... (Sep '11) Apr 21 Elisabeth Vescovi 6
Drug Selling Mortorcycle rider(s) Apr 19 Kar-101 1
Help find someone who can castrate me. (Oct '16) Apr 13 Jacker 3

Hicksville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hicksville Mortgages