Criminal probe into school where toddler died

Full story: Newsday 21
BY ANN GIVENS AND SUMATHI REDDY; Staff writers Sophia Chang and Michael Amon contributed to this story. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
loving mom of 3

Rome, GA

#21 Mar 25, 2009
Get It Straight wrote:
Does anyone know if any of the staff there were trained in CPR and the Heimlich? Perhaps they could have saved the child before the ambulance got there! In my facility, we get trained every year.
Licensing is required for certain schools. If you are running an extended or full day program you must be licensed by the state. They come to inspect the school, see that the staff are fingerprinted, trained and get professional development hours every year. The health dept comes to inspect as well.
The staff should have known that it is required to store their personal bags where children cannot reach them. This child who choked on a carrot could have just as easily taken medication from that person's handbag!
I believe this school should be shutdown until they get licensed, if they will even be allowed to after this incident! In spite of some of you saying that it was a great school, in spite of teachers being caring and good at their jobs, none of them were thinking about the safety of the children, when 2 year olds were allowed to be there without the requisite licensing.
The teacher IS trained in CPR...she did do what she is trained to do. You should all find something better to do then to bash Carousel. They are a wonderful school. My children went there, I worked there, and if I still lived in NY I would still be working there. I was trained for CPR and First Aide at Carousel. You all only know half truth. Before you insinuate, not the facts. Some of you sound silly. If Carousel was so bad, why is it that Livi's mom works there. She knows how the place is run, has worked w/ all of the staff. This tragic accident could have happened to any of us any where.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hicksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 4 hr Bruser 2,392
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Sat Bruser 7,956
women would you castrate you husbands? Fri della 3
Cops: Office manager billed employer for fake s... (Jan '08) Thu anon 28
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Thu Jlevine 10
Review: M Television Repair Jan 29 elmo 1
An Evening with Kal Penn at Adelphi University Jan 29 Adelphi University 1

Winter Storm Watch for Nassau County was issued at February 01 at 9:31AM EST

Hicksville News Video

Hicksville Dating