PB Scott's Music Hall in Blowing Rock

Posted in the Hickory Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Hickory

#1 Feb 5, 2009
Anyone remember PB Scott's? What was your favorite or the best band you ever saw there?
lost

Greenville, SC

#3 Feb 6, 2009
Sidewinder, a band from the ECU campus. In the mid 70 they were there about every 3 months. Rex Bost from Claremont was the lead guitar play at that time

Since: Nov 08

Hickory

#4 Feb 6, 2009
Yeah, Sidewinder was one of the best, especially 'cause all the young ladies like their music. I saw Harry Chapin there doing a solo act, absolutely fabulous. SuperGrit cowboy band was always good for a party. I hate I didn't go the night it snowed and George Thorogood played, my buddy Wilbur said it was the best show he ever saw there.
Deb

United States

#5 Mar 16, 2009
http://www.highcountrypress.com/weekly/2006/0...

Check out this link for the PB Scott's reunion. Wish I had known about it. Blowing Rock was my 'other' home (first Rocky Mount, NC - now south FL). Sidewinder was good. I missed Harry Chapin but heard lots about that night. I enjoyed some of the local talent, too. Charlie Ellis, June, etc.
Echo boy

Roanoke, VA

#7 Mar 20, 2009
I used to play in a band back in the late 70's and early - mid 80's named "Echo" that played there "3-4?" times. It was a fantastic club, great sound system and great people. I just happened to be talking to someone (recruiter) from that area who remembered the club and was able to bring back some fond memories. It was a fantastic place! Great memories....
failSAFE

Charleston, SC

#8 Mar 24, 2009
Our favorite was "Snuff" a country rock cover band. I also remember seeing B.B King there. That was a great venue.
Jean Workman Travers

Apex, NC

#9 May 4, 2009
PB Scotts has an annual Reunion at Canyons (old Holleys) and its in less than 2 weeks! Its Saturday May 16 and lots of old PBers are coming!! The Green Park Inn (almost across the street) is only $42 a night if you ask for the PBs rate!

Dont miss it! But if you do, it will be Nay 14 15 2010!
the bugger man

Cumming, GA

#10 May 7, 2009
nantucket was great kicked major ta ta!!!!!!!!!!
steve g boca fl

Hialeah, FL

#11 May 24, 2009
Hi out there, just wanted to let you know that I recently purchased a home in boone that the third level of the home contains the famouse dome of P.B. Scotts. would love to see any photos of what it looked like back in it's prime. I'm in the process of refurbishing the entire building but wanted to let everyone know the dome is alive and well and the walls hold allot of stories. feel free to contact me with any info at sgalluzi@aol.com sincerely, Steve G.
bassist daughter

Kenly, NC

#12 Jun 3, 2009
My dad played at P B Scott's in the 80's. C & M Traveling Show. Anyone got any pics or tee shirts? I am looking far and wide for anything I can find on C & M Traveling Show.
bassist daughter

Kenly, NC

#13 Jun 3, 2009
ReputoVir wrote:
Anyone remember PB Scott's? What was your favorite or the best band you ever saw there?
C & M Traveling Show. Does anyone remember them? My dad was the bassist and co-founder.
mom

Boone, NC

#14 Jun 3, 2009
I used to see C & M at Yesterday's in Hickory. I always enjoyed them and seems like I had a t-shirt but that was many years ago and long gone.
Mardi

United States

#15 Jun 9, 2009
ReputoVir wrote:
Yeah, Sidewinder was one of the best, especially 'cause all the young ladies like their music. I saw Harry Chapin there doing a solo act, absolutely fabulous. SuperGrit cowboy band was always good for a party. I hate I didn't go the night it snowed and George Thorogood played, my buddy Wilbur said it was the best show he ever saw there.
Thorogood was great! So was Delbert McClinton, Gamble Rodgers, Dixie Dregs, New Grass Revival,Leon Russell....the list goes on and on.
Mardi

United States

#16 Jun 9, 2009
Thorogood was great! So was Delbert McClinton, Gamble Rodgers, Dixie Dregs, New Grass Revival,Leon Russell....the list goes on and on. The Nighthawks always ripped it up. I booked REM there in 1983 through my record store. We had about 500 people show up. PBs sound man and REM's sound man didn't see eye to eye...or ear to ear, and they kept threatening to pull the plug on the show. Alot of drama and very tense for me, since I was bank-rolling the event. But they played on and all had a good time. Yeah, and we never did find out where Scott Whipple ended up. Last I heard, Minn. Mn. If you are out there, Scott....PHONE HOME!
Hickorynative

United States

#17 Jun 10, 2009
bassist daughter wrote:
My dad played at P B Scott's in the 80's. C & M Traveling Show. Anyone got any pics or tee shirts? I am looking far and wide for anything I can find on C & M Traveling Show.
I used to see them often at 1849 on Wednesday night (quarter draught night)
Great band....give me a few minutes and I will recall most of their names
Kevin

Lansdowne, PA

#18 Jun 29, 2009
Back in 1978 and 1979 a great band from Chattanooga and Atlanta called Hazelwood would play there. Had a girl singer named DIane Scannell who could sing like Joanie Mitchell. Great band.
CutxMexUpxJenny

Morganton, NC

#19 Jul 6, 2009
My dad was the singer for C&M Traveling Show.:)
signa

Simpsonville, SC

#20 Aug 6, 2009
i now can wear by dads very good condition pb scotts shirt and its funny because he wore it when he was 21 and i can wear it when im 14
WayUpNorth

Woolwich, ME

#21 Aug 9, 2009
I was amazed to find this thread...back in the day I practically lived at PB Scotts. I had a membership there when I was still underage because I knew the sound guy and a couple of the bartenders. I met my first husband there (Whew, big mistake). I think I saw every band that ever played there. Wow. Great memories, especially since I've lived 1000 miles away from Blowing Rock for the last 20 years.
MyTwoCents

Lenoir, NC

#22 Sep 1, 2009
I loved PB Scotts and remember seeing lots of bands there. Sugarcreek, C & M Traveling Show. Hated to see it go. Can't remember if I saw the Rumblers there or not. But, they were another great local band.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hickory Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any reviews of Convergys? Job Wise? (Jan '09) 9 hr may 193
where are you going...up or down ? 19 hr ANGEL 1
lonely in hickory (May '12) Feb 26 to Susan 9
e z way car sales (Nov '08) Feb 24 carolinaskies 15
Complete Laser Clinic Reviews? (Sep '12) Feb 24 carolinaskies 110
Relocating to Hickory NC (Feb '06) Feb 23 Naturekj15 294
Tripps closed today Feb 21 need info 3
Hickory Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hickory People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:26 am PST

Bleacher Report11:26AM
Bears, Steelers Among Top Spots for FA RB Jackson
NBC Sports 2:32 PM
Falcons waive Jonathan Massaquoi
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?