Did anyone hear why the house in deerfield in mt view blew up?

Posted in the Hickory Forum

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated May 26, 2011
Leslie

Angier, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2011

Caught bits of it on the 6 pm news.
boo

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

My guess would be the same with any fire...a source of ignition came in contact with a combustible material.
hickoryresident

Angier, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2011

boo wrote:
My guess would be the same with any fire...a source of ignition came in contact with a combustible material.
Duh what stupid answer Boo. This home blew up because of a severally depressed man who lost his job and was going to loose everything and needed help. He passed away in the fire. Boo,the family of this man is suffering enough without your smart a$$ answers. Why dont you do something nice for them. Donate a gift card so they can go get cloths and food for the children.
boo

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

hickoryresident wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh what stupid answer Boo. This home blew up because of a severally depressed man who lost his job and was going to loose everything and needed help. He passed away in the fire. Boo,the family of this man is suffering enough without your smart a$$ answers. Why dont you do something nice for them. Donate a gift card so they can go get cloths and food for the children.
The original poster asked why the house blew up. I provided the most logical answer. A source of ignition, probably a lit match or lighter, came in contact with a combustible material (natural gas) and thus the explosion.

What kind of "cloths" should I buy for the kids? Should I buy tablecloths?

So this family was living above its means, and as a result couldn't cope with financial issues? Seems a better handle on personal finances would have resulted in less depression.
hickoryresident

Angier, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

I pray you never loose your home. It is a horrible thing.But you know what? I bet if you do, there will be lots of people coming to help you even though you really dont deserve their kindness.
You were not put here to JUDGE anyone. That is not your job.
These children did nothing. And do not deserve your cruelness. I am going to quote someone else who posts to these forums. WISH YOUR PARENTS HAD BELIEVED IN BIRTH CONTROL
boo boo

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2011

hickoryresident wrote:
I pray you never loose your home. It is a horrible thing.But you know what? I bet if you do, there will be lots of people coming to help you even though you really dont deserve their kindness.
You were not put here to JUDGE anyone. That is not your job.
These children did nothing. And do not deserve your cruelness. I am going to quote someone else who posts to these forums. WISH YOUR PARENTS HAD BELIEVED IN BIRTH CONTROL
So, you are saying boo shouldn't judge these folks, but then you turn around and offer this gem "WISH YOUR PARENTS HAD BELIEVED IN BIRTH CONTROL". You must be one of those "Christians" in name only. Nice...
QuadSquad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

boo boo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are saying boo shouldn't judge these folks, but then you turn around and offer this gem "WISH YOUR PARENTS HAD BELIEVED IN BIRTH CONTROL". You must be one of those "Christians" in name only. Nice...
It's a shame Boo has no compasion. Yes there is always a logical reason, but he clearly didn't understand the question. People loose job and homes. Not all of it is a bad choice of life style. Hickory and Catawba county suck when it comes to employment.

Regardless the family is suffering. It's not the family he should blame.

The house was haunted. The previous two owners also had issues. Previous owner lost his job too and we heard his wife was sleeping with the boss. And flashing helicopters.
boo boo

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

If you cannot afford to lose an income for an extended period of time, you are living above your means. Far too many people choose to live above their means. How many people actually prepare for a rainy day? You prepare when the sun is shining, not after the deluge has begun. I'd say the vast majority of people in financial distress today can point to poor decisions that have put them in dire straits.

Basic, personal finance is an easy concept to learn and live by. Like the old saying goes, "If you are going to be stupid, you better learn to be tough."
Terry

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

Wow I heard it about through a friend. I once lived in that neighborhood. It's a very sad thing that happened. The person named "Boo Boo" sounds like they have zero compassion or understanding. The children and wife must be devastated.

Boo Boo clearing thinks they have all the answers. Who ever you are you should learn to help instead of throwing stones. Clearly you are not a christian. We pray for people like you. By the way in case you don't understand, prayers can be for a rainy day.

Everyone will have a rainy day. One way to save for them is not just financially but spiritually and and through help and compassion. Some times friends, family and good spirited strangers can be your only help. Money is not what will help the surviving family. And neither will people like boo boo.

God Bless those people who helped in this poor unfortunate situation.

Boo Boo it may not have been you theory about living beyond their means. I doubt you knew them and I doubt you know the whole story.

Boo boo needs some humility.
angester

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

which one was it that blew up?
angester

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

which house blew up
terry

Jemez Springs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

The log cabin, that Rob G. once owned.
Goober

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

It burned fast. Like campfire....
Goober two

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2011

It's not there anymore is it? Long gone

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Hickory Forum right now

Search the Hickory Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 6 min State of Florida 56,626
Disability cracking down on scammers (Jul '11) 9 hr final words 124
Blue Ridge Motors (May '08) 13 hr Jon2014 144
Man arrested after talking to bushes, shrubs Thu innocent_bystander 23
Undercover Hickory Police Thu cherokee 5
New Stores Coming to Hickory (Apr '07) Thu Here 227
outlaws mc, hickory, nc (Aug '11) Thu Been there 62
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hickory Jobs

•••