Poster

Denmark

#1 Aug 16, 2009
A man arrested in Catawba County faces multiple sex offense charges. David Gene Carle of 1925 Stratford Dr, Conover, NC 28613, was arrested and charged with two counts of taking indecent liberties with a child and one count of statutory rape. The child was 6 years old.

CARLE,DAVID GENE
INDECENT LIBERTIES WITH CHILD
09 CRS 52257
INDECENT LIBERTIES WITH CHILD
09 CRS 52256
STAT RAPE/SEX OFFENSE DEFENDANT 6 YEARS OF AGE
09 CRS 52258

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/conover-nc/TD ...
mwd

Hickory, NC

#2 Aug 16, 2009
poster, what is your connection with this? the arrow is missing from this...usually it would say stat rape/sex offense defendant <6 years of age...or
>6 years of age.... does this mean exactly what it says or was there supposed to be an arrow?
mwd

Hickory, NC

#3 Aug 16, 2009
ok i just went and looked and it does state it with no arrow. however, he has been in jail since march. why is this just now being discussed?
curious

Asheville, NC

#4 Aug 16, 2009
Does it matter why we are discussing it now? I think it is important we do discuss all the crime happening in the area so we can protect ourselves. This man is in jail but don't we all want to know the whole story so we know if we need to be afraid of him when he is free again?

The area newspapers do a terrible job of reporting what is happening in the courts, in the police station or on the streets. I think it was better years ago when people understood if they did something wrong and got caught, they would not be able to keep it a secret.
the man

United States

#5 Sep 1, 2009
cut it off and feed it to him
Juror

Dallas, TX

#6 Sep 4, 2009
the man wrote:
cut it off and feed it to him
With a very dull knife...
Johnny

Greenville, SC

#7 Sep 6, 2009
Juror wrote:
<quoted text>
With a very dull knife...
Tie them to a rope, and yank them off!

I'm sure he'll receive his payback!
Jailer

Lincolnton, NC

#9 Sep 8, 2010
Conover Man Convicted of Felony Sex Offenses
9/8/2010 9:58:59 AM

48-year-old David Gene Carle of Stratford Drive in Conover has been convicted of felony first-degree statutory sexual offense and two counts of felony indecent liberties with child. Carle was sentenced to an active prison term of no less than 192 months and no more than 240 months in the North Carolina Department of Corrections.

Investigators from the Catawba County SheriffÂ’s Office handled the investigation and Dawn Tutterow, Assistant District Attorney for Catawba County, handled the trial in Catawba County Criminal Superior Court. The Honorable Edgar B. Gregory presided over the trial.

Carle was arrested and charged in late March of 2009. He will be transported to Central Prison in Raleigh for processing.
Mustang

Weaverville, NC

#10 Sep 9, 2010
Glad to hear this POS child molester is going to be behind bars for at least 8 years it appears...
Wondering

Holly Springs, NC

#11 Sep 9, 2010
Mustang wrote:
Glad to hear this POS child molester is going to be behind bars for at least 8 years it appears...
I've got this at a minimum of 16 years. Is there time off for good behavior or something else I'm missing?
mwd

Lincolnton, NC

#12 Sep 10, 2010
16 to 20! I hope he rots and dies in prison.
Lyftym

Middlesex, NC

#13 Oct 28, 2011
He is a creep I worked with him and he always talked about nasty shit... I hope he rots

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hickory Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tru-D SmartUVC Deployed at Frye Regional Medica... Tue Former patient 1
Complete Laser Clinic Reviews? (Sep '12) Tue Carolinaskies 135
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Sep 23 asdf 32
outlaws mc, hickory, nc (Aug '11) Sep 22 wade_wisrman 98
Any reviews of Convergys? Job Wise? (Jan '09) Sep 22 Rubyannaherondale 209
Patrick Beaver library (Feb '09) Sep 19 Harambe 21
News MORGANTON: Henredon to close plant, cut 400 jobs (Sep '07) Sep 19 Dick Tracy 39

Hickory Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hickory Mortgages