Is DA Jay Gaither "Unfit" to serve as...

Is DA Jay Gaither "Unfit" to serve as our DA?

Created by MADD Mother on Jan 30, 2010

537 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
winner

Holly Springs, NC

#42 Sep 28, 2010
Just so everyone knows GHOPer is working for the congressman and is useing your tax dollars to spread patty boys bs....Right Linda ?
Final Word

Coats, NC

#43 Oct 16, 2010
Here's some facts to chew on. Since Jay Gaither was elected DA..
Crime in Catawba Co. is sharply down, hitting an all time low in 2006, 2008 and 2009.
Burke Co. Crime is sharply down and violent crime in Caldwell Co. dropped %50 during Gaither's 7 years in office (went up some from 08 to 09)
The 25th District set records in the number of cases tried over previous administrations and sent almost 200 habitual felons (the really bad guys) to jail for average sentences of ten years each.
Get the facts. If other elected officials did half the job Gaither does we'd all be doing alot better.
nicole neville

The Gap, Australia

#44 Dec 3, 2010
This man is defiantely Unfit to be DA, He saved a murderer from life in prision or death so they could find Zahra Bakers Body, He makes sick. It upsets me to think that this is the kind of person who is meant to be representing the State of North Calorlina with integrity?!?. This choice of his has no integrity and has no value to justice, he is now seens as unprofessional and a DISGRACE to the justice system, he in my eyes is seen a disgrace for a person just like Zahra Bakers stepmother. Its disgusting and I can only hope that Karma finds him and everyone else who helped keep this murderer safe.
iamisolation

Gaffney, SC

#45 Dec 4, 2010
Now I'm not a lawyer, but how can the DA make a deal with someone that hasn't even been charged with the crime they are making the deal about?
He won this election with over 60% of the vote...how do you, in that 60% feel about that now!!
fghj

Gaffney, SC

#46 Dec 4, 2010
surely...they have a trick up their sleeves.
gary

United States

#47 Dec 5, 2010
jay gaither is a great da for the upper crust in his district. thats all that really matters.crime pays in this district and gaither will back to the hilt thuggs, crooks.the assistant da"s are no better.
Semore Butts

Greenville, SC

#48 Jan 17, 2011
iamisolation wrote:
Now I'm not a lawyer, but how can the DA make a deal with someone that hasn't even been charged with the crime they are making the deal about?
He won this election with over 60% of the vote...how do you, in that 60% feel about that now!!
How can he make a deal with someone that hasn't been charged?
The deal is that, They WON'T be charged. DA
Semore Butts

Greenville, SC

#49 Jan 17, 2011
Final Word wrote:
Here's some facts to chew on. Since Jay Gaither was elected DA..
Crime in Catawba Co. is sharply down, hitting an all time low in 2006, 2008 and 2009.
Burke Co. Crime is sharply down and violent crime in Caldwell Co. dropped %50 during Gaither's 7 years in office (went up some from 08 to 09)
The 25th District set records in the number of cases tried over previous administrations and sent almost 200 habitual felons (the really bad guys) to jail for average sentences of ten years each.
Get the facts. If other elected officials did half the job Gaither does we'd all be doing alot better.
You know, that's all bullshit! The DA does not have any control over the actions of all the criminals in any area. He just got lucky or manipulated the numbers to make himself look good. Listen up, I voted for this idiot, but won't make that mistake again.
Female assault victim

Thomasville, NC

#50 May 23, 2011
I have just been through 7 months of court/hell trying to get my ex-fiance (who is already a convicted felon and has 2 prior assault on female charges) convicted of Assault on a female, 2 DVO (domestic violence order) violations, and property damages that I incurred from him this past year. Jay Gaither never once was in the court room but his assistant, Brenda Brewer was and was SUPPOSED to advocate for me, the victim. To make a long story short, all that Shawn Gregory got was UNsupervised probation for 12 months and restitution payment of approx 1200.00 (for property damage) that was supposed to be paid to me by 5/3/11 or Judge Dellinger said Shawn would go straight to jail. HA!! What a joke!! When we went back to court on 5/3, Shawn has not paid anything and the judge allowed him another week to pay. Went back again the following week (5/10/11) and AGAIN he still had not paid so his original unsupervised probation was changed to SUPERVISED prob and I still have not received any money for my prop damages. Geeee...not only is Jay Gaither and Brenda Brewer pathetic but Judge Dellinger isn't any better....so for my ex's THIRD assault on a female and already a convicted felon...all he has ended up with is 12 months of supervised probation under Jay Gaither's DA office...PATHETIC!! However, I have been trying my hardest to get this out in the public. Therefore, anyone who can help with this or have suggestions, please email me at loreedee@yahoo.com
dbl edge

Holly Springs, NC

#51 Jul 22, 2012
i dare the DA to run again..........i am a victom of him
Female assault victim wrote:
I have just been through 7 months of court/hell trying to get my ex-fiance (who is already a convicted felon and has 2 prior assault on female charges) convicted of Assault on a female, 2 DVO (domestic violence order) violations, and property damages that I incurred from him this past year. Jay Gaither never once was in the court room but his assistant, Brenda Brewer was and was SUPPOSED to advocate for me, the victim. To make a long story short, all that Shawn Gregory got was UNsupervised probation for 12 months and restitution payment of approx 1200.00 (for property damage) that was supposed to be paid to me by 5/3/11 or Judge Dellinger said Shawn would go straight to jail. HA!! What a joke!! When we went back to court on 5/3, Shawn has not paid anything and the judge allowed him another week to pay. Went back again the following week (5/10/11) and AGAIN he still had not paid so his original unsupervised probation was changed to SUPERVISED prob and I still have not received any money for my prop damages. Geeee...not only is Jay Gaither and Brenda Brewer pathetic but Judge Dellinger isn't any better....so for my ex's THIRD assault on a female and already a convicted felon...all he has ended up with is 12 months of supervised probation under Jay Gaither's DA office...PATHETIC!! However, I have been trying my hardest to get this out in the public. Therefore, anyone who can help with this or have suggestions, please email me at loreedee@yahoo.com
Margaret Maison

Hickory, NC

#52 May 30, 2014
And, he's too stupid, or just lazy to get the hundreds of
political signs he put up , or had put up, after the
election is OVER and it's time to remove them.
What a moron.
we are watching you

United States

#53 May 31, 2014
We all know that RAY CERDA is one of Gaithers drinking and back door buddies.
udontknowjack

Siler City, NC

#54 May 31, 2014
GOPer wrote:
I'm involved in the Republican Parrty in Burke Co. and have known Jay Gaither through politics for many years. He has always said that being DA for him is a stepping stone to a higher office. He wants nothing more than to be the US Congressman for the 10th District. Just look at Jay Gaither's campaign website for his race for DA --- he has a picture of the US Capitol in the banner. What in the heck does the US Capitol have to do with him being DA?
He doesn't care about doing his job. Criminals are going unpunished and we need a DISTRICT PROSECUTOR NOT A DISTRICT POLITICIAN. He only cares about advancing his career as a politician. I say let's get rid of this career politician. When elected officials don't do what we elected them to do, then we need to send them packin'.
That sounds just like a comment I read other places from the likes of Hope Hoyt and Steve Graves. Learner is a joke
udontknowjack

Siler City, NC

#55 May 31, 2014
we are watching you wrote:
We all know that RAY CERDA is one of Gaithers drinking and back door buddies.
Why would anyone but a Learner supporter say something like this? Ray Cerda is a decent man, a Veteran who has served his country with honor & works hard to assist Veteran s today. He & his wife are also expecting a baby.
Jay Gaither & his lovely wife are wonderful parents with high expectations of themselves and their children. Jay & Beth give back to this community in a number of ways. Since Jay has been elected three times, soon to be 4, crime at an all time low in Catawba County with decreasing crime in the surrounding areas.
When Learner has to get this low to get votes, it only shows how desperate he is. One of his azz hats, Larry, likes to beat the hell out of women.

Anyone can come on here under a made up name & say whatever they please. For example, I COULD say I saw David "doing" a goat or his boy wonder dressed in drag to get in touch with his feminine side.but I WON'T. Doing such things is beneath me, it would upset my wife & isn't a campaign issue or qualifier anyway.

I think all your low life comments should be put into a flyer to show how low Learner supporters really are.
Jeff

Salem, SC

#56 Jun 3, 2014
udontknowjack wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds just like a comment I read other places from the likes of Hope Hoyt and Steve Graves. Learner is a joke
Gaither is nothing but a joke! He is nothing but a favor doing politician. As our DA, how many major, or any, cases has he ever tired????
For sure

Hickory, NC

#57 Jun 7, 2014
Hky Parent wrote:
UNFIT does not even begin to describe this person
Jay Gaither is a moron.
He can't even follow the rules to get up his signs that are
still all over Hickory.
If our city officials had any sense at all, they'd collect them
and charge him $10.00 each.
Callie

Newton, NC

#58 Jun 27, 2014
What happened with the boating accident incident on Lake Hickory? Was Gaither found responsible? Heard it caused lots of damage to the victim's boat and pier. Said Gaither never compensated them for their loss. Ran off after the accident to purchase a blue tarp to cover up the evidence so the media could not get pics of incident.....
Callie

United States

#59 Dec 29, 2014
Rachel wrote:
Jay does have a drinking problem and we,his family, have tried to talk him into going to rehab but he has'nt agreed yet.
Heard he got drunk at Backstreets and made a fool out of himself.....then at his brother's house while they were morning the loss of his son. Needs rehab!!!
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#60 Dec 29, 2014
A Republican is a Republican is a Republican. No matter what name he flies under (or files under), he is a still a Republican. What did you expect?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hickory Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don Brown for Sheriff 2 hr Random 9
Why men don't have to pay child support anymore... (Sep '16) Wed ZYX765 8
Backpage/cragslist Oct 16 HouseMOM 2
outlaws mc, hickory, nc (Aug '11) Oct 14 karen 127
restaurants that have gone out of business (Oct '12) Oct 8 Falling Creek I 96
Beware security system phone call scam (Nov '13) Oct 7 pissed Toyota owner 10
Why won't anyone help me? Oct 3 ZYX765 6

Hickory Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance