created by: MADD Mother | Jan 30, 2010

Hickory, NC

477 votes

Is DA Jay Gaither "Unfit" to serve as our DA?

Click on an option to vote

• Yes
  • No

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 50 of50
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
winner

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

Just so everyone knows GHOPer is working for the congressman and is useing your tax dollars to spread patty boys bs....Right Linda ?
Final Word

Pittsboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Here's some facts to chew on. Since Jay Gaither was elected DA..
Crime in Catawba Co. is sharply down, hitting an all time low in 2006, 2008 and 2009.
Burke Co. Crime is sharply down and violent crime in Caldwell Co. dropped %50 during Gaither's 7 years in office (went up some from 08 to 09)
The 25th District set records in the number of cases tried over previous administrations and sent almost 200 habitual felons (the really bad guys) to jail for average sentences of ten years each.
Get the facts. If other elected officials did half the job Gaither does we'd all be doing alot better.
nicole neville

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

Judged:

This man is defiantely Unfit to be DA, He saved a murderer from life in prision or death so they could find Zahra Bakers Body, He makes sick. It upsets me to think that this is the kind of person who is meant to be representing the State of North Calorlina with integrity?!?. This choice of his has no integrity and has no value to justice, he is now seens as unprofessional and a DISGRACE to the justice system, he in my eyes is seen a disgrace for a person just like Zahra Bakers stepmother. Its disgusting and I can only hope that Karma finds him and everyone else who helped keep this murderer safe.
iamisolation

Duncan, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Now I'm not a lawyer, but how can the DA make a deal with someone that hasn't even been charged with the crime they are making the deal about?
He won this election with over 60% of the vote...how do you, in that 60% feel about that now!!
fghj

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

surely...they have a trick up their sleeves.
gary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2010

jay gaither is a great da for the upper crust in his district. thats all that really matters.crime pays in this district and gaither will back to the hilt thuggs, crooks.the assistant da"s are no better.
Semore Butts

Taylors, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

iamisolation wrote:
Now I'm not a lawyer, but how can the DA make a deal with someone that hasn't even been charged with the crime they are making the deal about?
He won this election with over 60% of the vote...how do you, in that 60% feel about that now!!
How can he make a deal with someone that hasn't been charged?
The deal is that, They WON'T be charged. DA
Semore Butts

Taylors, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Final Word wrote:
Here's some facts to chew on. Since Jay Gaither was elected DA..
Crime in Catawba Co. is sharply down, hitting an all time low in 2006, 2008 and 2009.
Burke Co. Crime is sharply down and violent crime in Caldwell Co. dropped %50 during Gaither's 7 years in office (went up some from 08 to 09)
The 25th District set records in the number of cases tried over previous administrations and sent almost 200 habitual felons (the really bad guys) to jail for average sentences of ten years each.
Get the facts. If other elected officials did half the job Gaither does we'd all be doing alot better.
You know, that's all bullshit! The DA does not have any control over the actions of all the criminals in any area. He just got lucky or manipulated the numbers to make himself look good. Listen up, I voted for this idiot, but won't make that mistake again.
Female assault victim

Kernersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

I have just been through 7 months of court/hell trying to get my ex-fiance (who is already a convicted felon and has 2 prior assault on female charges) convicted of Assault on a female, 2 DVO (domestic violence order) violations, and property damages that I incurred from him this past year. Jay Gaither never once was in the court room but his assistant, Brenda Brewer was and was SUPPOSED to advocate for me, the victim. To make a long story short, all that Shawn Gregory got was UNsupervised probation for 12 months and restitution payment of approx 1200.00 (for property damage) that was supposed to be paid to me by 5/3/11 or Judge Dellinger said Shawn would go straight to jail. HA!! What a joke!! When we went back to court on 5/3, Shawn has not paid anything and the judge allowed him another week to pay. Went back again the following week (5/10/11) and AGAIN he still had not paid so his original unsupervised probation was changed to SUPERVISED prob and I still have not received any money for my prop damages. Geeee...not only is Jay Gaither and Brenda Brewer pathetic but Judge Dellinger isn't any better....so for my ex's THIRD assault on a female and already a convicted felon...all he has ended up with is 12 months of supervised probation under Jay Gaither's DA office...PATHETIC!! However, I have been trying my hardest to get this out in the public. Therefore, anyone who can help with this or have suggestions, please email me at loreedee@yahoo.com
dbl edge

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

i dare the DA to run again..........i am a victom of him
Female assault victim wrote:
I have just been through 7 months of court/hell trying to get my ex-fiance (who is already a convicted felon and has 2 prior assault on female charges) convicted of Assault on a female, 2 DVO (domestic violence order) violations, and property damages that I incurred from him this past year. Jay Gaither never once was in the court room but his assistant, Brenda Brewer was and was SUPPOSED to advocate for me, the victim. To make a long story short, all that Shawn Gregory got was UNsupervised probation for 12 months and restitution payment of approx 1200.00 (for property damage) that was supposed to be paid to me by 5/3/11 or Judge Dellinger said Shawn would go straight to jail. HA!! What a joke!! When we went back to court on 5/3, Shawn has not paid anything and the judge allowed him another week to pay. Went back again the following week (5/10/11) and AGAIN he still had not paid so his original unsupervised probation was changed to SUPERVISED prob and I still have not received any money for my prop damages. Geeee...not only is Jay Gaither and Brenda Brewer pathetic but Judge Dellinger isn't any better....so for my ex's THIRD assault on a female and already a convicted felon...all he has ended up with is 12 months of supervised probation under Jay Gaither's DA office...PATHETIC!! However, I have been trying my hardest to get this out in the public. Therefore, anyone who can help with this or have suggestions, please email me at loreedee@yahoo.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 50 of50
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Hickory Forum right now

Search the Hickory Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 5 hr Red Square 49,332
our country is run by idiots 7 hr Patty Larkin 1
Any reviews of Convergys? Job Wise? (Jan '09) 8 hr Still There 178
our politicians are morond Wed Jerry Robinson 2
Bethany Foy Apr 15 Hmmm 11
mike johnson toyota rips off all! (Dec '09) Apr 14 Marsha 91
Leigha Hildebran Apr 13 Phil 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hickory Jobs

•••