CVCC- continuing education

CVCC- continuing education

Posted in the Hickory Forum

Brenda

Lenoir, NC

#1 Jul 9, 2009
So CVCC has raised their continuing education prices from $60 to a whopping $175. UNBELIEVABLE!! They're planning on canceling classes next year to cut costs too. With soo many of us laid-off, we're seekin a better education, and now they're raising the prices??? Purdue THANKS!!
Yep

Fayetteville, NC

#2 Jul 9, 2009
Brenda wrote:
So CVCC has raised their continuing education prices from $60 to a whopping $175. UNBELIEVABLE!! They're planning on canceling classes next year to cut costs too. With soo many of us laid-off, we're seekin a better education, and now they're raising the prices??? Purdue THANKS!!
You can thank ole' Bev! Not just CVCC, but all the community colleges got hit with that!
Supply and Demand

United States

#3 Jul 9, 2009
I think my name says it all. God help you idiots, I am surprised you tie your own shoes and brush your tooth.
Supply and Demand

Candler, NC

#4 Jul 10, 2009
Supply and Demand wrote:
I think my name says it all. I am a Goddamn idiot, I am surprised I can tie my own shoes and brush my tooth. PS.. I'm queer as a three dollar bill and suffer from illusions of grandeur.
;)
Supply and Demand

United States

#5 Jul 11, 2009
I think you mean "delusions of grandeur." An illusion is sort of a dream, like a southerner waking up and going to work.
Lard-arsed Yankee

Denver, NC

#6 Jul 12, 2009
You're delusional AND living in your own illusion. Do you really think anyone here gives a shit about what you have to say? Looks like you're in the wrong state.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#7 Jul 12, 2009
You know, I was hoping this would be about how rude and condescending most of the staff at CVCC are compared to the staff at other schools around here but hey, whatever works for you guys.
Yep

Farmville, NC

#8 Jul 15, 2009
get fiscal wrote:
You know, I was hoping this would be about how rude and condescending most of the staff at CVCC are compared to the staff at other schools around here but hey, whatever works for you guys.
What staff at CVCC has been rude to you? I will report the rascals!!

Location hidden

#9 Jul 17, 2009
Yep wrote:
<quoted text> What staff at CVCC has been rude to you? I will report the rascals!!
Seriously?
Yep

Farmville, NC

#10 Jul 19, 2009
get fiscal wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?
Yep, I will!

Location hidden

#11 Jul 19, 2009
I'm not going to name names, but lets just say there is a certain admissions counselor who likes to go on vacation during registration and severely lacks interpersonal skills. After my last interaction I decided to go to another school instead.
countrygal

Greenville, SC

#12 Jul 22, 2009
get fiscal wrote:
I'm not going to name names, but lets just say there is a certain admissions counselor who likes to go on vacation during registration and severely lacks interpersonal skills. After my last interaction I decided to go to another school instead.
I went to CVCC and the teachers I had as well as the personels in the office were very nice and helpful.

Location hidden

#13 Jul 22, 2009
countrygal wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to CVCC and the teachers I had as well as the personels in the office were very nice and helpful.
If you took English classes you should ask for a refund.
Jazz

West Monroe, LA

#14 Jul 23, 2009
LMAO GET FISCAL....
Kendra

Hickory, NC

#15 Oct 4, 2009
It's really nice how they raise the prices for continuing ed classes from $60.00 to $175.00 at one shot.. a couple girls in my class were unable to move forward with the rest of the class and continue towards our certification because already struggling with money because of lay-offs, were unable to come up with this money!! NOW... this is where I'm getting at... If you go into the EAST campus where continuing ed classes are held, you will find every single hallway freshly painted, every single hallway rugged where there was once nice, decent tile, new equipment and new things all around. NICE JOB CVCC!! So is this what you raised the prices for? Wont matter how pretty your school looks if we're not gonna be able to afford the tuition!!!
Supply and Demand

United States

#16 Oct 21, 2009
Man, that is an outrage. So what were you getting your certification in anyway? Hopefully something that differentiates you from the other 15 million unemployed.

Location hidden

#17 Oct 21, 2009
Kendra wrote:
It's really nice how they raise the prices for continuing ed classes from $60.00 to $175.00 at one shot.. a couple girls in my class were unable to move forward with the rest of the class and continue towards our certification because already struggling with money because of lay-offs, were unable to come up with this money!! NOW... this is where I'm getting at... If you go into the EAST campus where continuing ed classes are held, you will find every single hallway freshly painted, every single hallway rugged where there was once nice, decent tile, new equipment and new things all around. NICE JOB CVCC!! So is this what you raised the prices for? Wont matter how pretty your school looks if we're not gonna be able to afford the tuition!!!
You know the only reason they do it is so they can feel like they're better than the other schools in the area. Also, the VA rep at CVCC is a condescending prick. Not that the rest of the staff are any better, just saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hickory Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
outlaws mc, hickory, nc (Aug '11) 11 hr Beverly from SC 135
Lowmen motal 14 hr Traveling man 1
Looking for someone special 21 hr Darkie 1
President Trump Making America Great Again Tue WTFE 106
Cam Newton (Feb '16) Tue Panthers suck 70
Longview nothing but a drug town Tue Cousinfuckers 2
Why won't anyone help me? Mon Blazing 11

Hickory Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance