Lime Grill and Tequila Bar

Posted in the Hickory Forum

Hungry

Lenoir, NC

#1 Sep 16, 2012

What happened. Did another area restaurant dump. This place closed down in record time.
Kay

Lenoir, NC

#2 Sep 26, 2012
Hungry wrote:
What happened. Did another area restaurant dump. This place closed down in record time.
Their sign says "temporary closed" but they have been closed for at least a month. I wish I knew if they were coming back too. The couple of times that I ate there it sounded like that had big plans for the place. Now I am wondering if they were plans or just dreams.
hum

Hickory, NC

#3 Oct 4, 2012
I donít know, but if they do reopen itís might as well be a lost cause. The first week they were open they did a soft opening style (which is understandable) the next week they were busy (thatís cool, I had hoped to try it) the third week (slightly less, busy) fourthÖ well we know what happened there.
An ugly post on their Facebook was posted about a silent partner, not wanting to be so silent anymore??? Ok?? So, someone somewhere didnít cover there behind; if that really was the case. They probably needed more final backing; real state were asking *far* too much for it in this economy, trust me I looked into at one point.óto a point I believe and donít believe the unprofessional post.
Less than a month into the business they were already revamping the menu? A few friends went in and they were out of nearly everything.
Even if they do recover I just donít know if they can recover from a hit. Terrible to say, but that is the way things work. Personally it makes me leery.
hopeithelps

United States

#4 Oct 4, 2012
they shut down and stuck all 90 employees its been over a month and still no1 can answer when our last chks will come
wow

Hickory, NC

#5 Oct 5, 2012
You need to contact the department of labor.
Why did a place like that have 90 employees? Sounds like someone didn't have experience in the hospitality business.
Swole Up

United States

#6 Oct 6, 2012
I heard the owner/"chef" smoked in the kitchen and allowed his dog in the kitchen as well.
mcard

Hickory, NC

#7 Oct 17, 2012
i also think you shouldn't drink in your own bar.
Jazz

Charlotte, NC

#8 Oct 17, 2012
Mcard,

This is why you will never own anything except for your husband. Stupid comments like that I am surprised you could snowball anyone into the I DO"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hickory Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
charter: most dishonest, dumbest of all companies 20 hr I HATE CHARTER 1
Any reviews of Convergys? Job Wise? (Jan '09) Aug 26 PHFUCKCONVERGYS 201
black guy near outlaw mc.. biker? (Apr '13) Aug 22 BIG OPE 32
New to town Aug 18 Katie1304 1
Pet limit in city limits? Aug 18 another dog lover 2
Brittnay Starr Aug 18 BladdyBloo 1
2002 blue corvette with licenses plate tag "MU... (Oct '10) Aug 17 who ever 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hickory Mortgages