Veteran Drag Racers Hope To Curb Illegal Street Racing

Jun 3, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WPSD-TV Paducah

Street racing is illegal and dangerous. in fact it may have been a street race between a car and motorcycle this weekend that led to a wreck that seriously injured a Hickory, Kentucky woman.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
John Holtz

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

I often see people and organizations stand against illegal street racing but no one works together. They make a personal stand but it leads to nothing and they pass in obscurity. The only association that is taking a unified approach networking all the key players responsible for making change is Evo Street Racers. I learned about their association from my son a couple years ago. Their web site has a HUGE database of illegal street racing information well worth the read. What I would recommend is for those veteran drag racers to contact Evo Street Racers and set together a plan to stop this problem...or at least read their web site as it will certainly help them in their quest. Http://www.evostreetracers.com
keeprkidssafe

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

I am happy to see the airstrip at Ferrington airport being used to help curb the street racing. It makes me feel better knowing that there is a controlled environment, with an ambulance and first response crew on standby. Nothing will stop the street racing, but given this opportunity, maybe it will curb the incidence of street racing in far W. KY.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hickory Discussions

Search the Hickory Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 55 min Justice Dale 138,621
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Ancient Wolf 81,204
Natasha Hopkins 1 hr Misty morning 68
HH lovette park 4 hr native 1
locked up n shouldn't let you out 5 hr the things ik 3
Cuba school 6 hr zoey 12
Church of Christ (Feb '10) 6 hr HOPE 88
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hickory Jobs

•••