Foreclosed breeder gets more time

Foreclosed breeder gets more time

There are 29 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Nov 19, 2008, titled Foreclosed breeder gets more time. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A Barry County district court judge gave John Jones until December 1 to leave his foreclosed home and find a new home for the dozens of Jack Russell terriers he's bred.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#21 Nov 19, 2008
I am looking for a contact phone number for the kennel.

Since: Feb 08

United States

#23 Nov 20, 2008
mikwing wrote:
I am looking for a contact phone number for the kennel.
You will probably have to call News 8 for the info.
Jamie Walker

Augusta, MI

#24 Nov 22, 2008
I contacted a few rescues too, they said he would not let dogs go to them because he wants to sell them. I agree, he may have a hoarder mentality.
I hope Channel 8 picks up on this, he's acting like the victim on camera and they seemed to play into that way too much.
The dogs are the victims and will all die if Barry County Animal Control gets to them. BCAC is very high-kill, just look at the numbers.
ima parent

Coldwater, MI

#25 Nov 22, 2008
Jamie Walker wrote:
I contacted a few rescues too, they said he would not let dogs go to them because he wants to sell them. I agree, he may have a hoarder mentality.
I hope Channel 8 picks up on this, he's acting like the victim on camera and they seemed to play into that way too much.
The dogs are the victims and will all die if Barry County Animal Control gets to them. BCAC is very high-kill, just look at the numbers.
I said this on anothe thread on the same story.He has been using sob stories and excuses for years! All the people feeling sorry for him because of a divorce losing his "business"etc. need to understand that he was breeding these dogs out of control to pay his bills. The fact that even in this desparate situation he still wants to make a buck at the expense of innocent dogs tells me exactly why he was doing this. It has to finally stop.He is alredy responsible for the deaths of over 80 JTR's.Hopefully he will have to move to an apartment that doesn't allow pets!!
ima parent

Coldwater, MI

#26 Nov 22, 2008
Even better idea...If his pens and cages are so darn clean then he can live in there!
Concerned_in_W_M ichigan

Park Ridge, IL

#27 Dec 1, 2008
I tried to rescue 2 dogs from his kennel on Friday Nov 28, 2008, but he would not release any of the dogs for free. He wanted at least $75 for retired breeding dogs and $200 for the younger dogs and puppies. Given that he is facing foreclosure and possible euthanasia of these dogs today (12/1), you'd think he would have been happy to release 2 dogs to good loving homes. He does not want rescue groups to step in because he doesn't want any of his dogs to be neutered or spayed. He is using the sympathy of the media to lure people to his kennel so that he can sell dogs. He is not concerned with the ultimate welfare of these dogs.
ima parent

Coldwater, MI

#28 Dec 1, 2008
Concerned_in_W_Michigan wrote:
I tried to rescue 2 dogs from his kennel on Friday Nov 28, 2008, but he would not release any of the dogs for free. He wanted at least $75 for retired breeding dogs and $200 for the younger dogs and puppies. Given that he is facing foreclosure and possible euthanasia of these dogs today (12/1), you'd think he would have been happy to release 2 dogs to good loving homes. He does not want rescue groups to step in because he doesn't want any of his dogs to be neutered or spayed. He is using the sympathy of the media to lure people to his kennel so that he can sell dogs. He is not concerned with the ultimate welfare of these dogs.
That's exactly why I have always thought this guy is such a lowlife. He goes on the news and to court with his sob stories about how these dogs are his "kids".He never cared about what kind of life these dogs had.I guess he was hoping to have some kind of going out of business sale.
Charlene

Onsted, MI

#29 Dec 26, 2008
We got our puppy from John. Our puppy is wonderful. I would buy another one from him. He loves his dogs and the kennel was immaculate and without odor. I hope him the best in life. He has been judged too harshly. He loves and cares for his animals
rvs wrote:
I got my Jack Russell from him!! Would buy another one in a minute. I don't think he is a puppy mill--I think his business just got out of hand. He actually cared about these dogs! He just should have stopped breeding for a while and cut back, However my dog is great. Came with all the info I needed on him also. I would recommend his dogs actually. Hopefully he can find them homes. If I did not have a dog already--I would go get one.
Sammy

Rockford, MI

#30 Feb 2, 2009
tep

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hickory Corners Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News First Gamrat-Courser Hearing Wraps in Minutes 1 hr kevn 1
News Michigan House Panel Mulls 2 Lawmakers' Fitness... Tue kevn 1
News Courser Claims Investigation is "Political Retr... Tue Kevn 1
News Investigation finds Courser-Gamrat 'committed m... Aug 31 Kevn 1
News Enbridge settled all but a handful of oil spill... Aug 31 Oiler 2
News 'Burner' phone connection to embattled Rep. Tod... Aug 28 Kevn 1
News Todd Courser's name linked to phone that sent '... Aug 27 Kevn 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hickory Corners Mortgages