Lawn cutter accused of stealing $270,000

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

A lawn care worker, accused of taking more than a quarter-million dollars from an elderly couple over a two-year period, told 24 Hour News 8 it was a difficult time in his life.
Comments
61 - 80 of 80 Comments Last updated Jul 7, 2008
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Get it right

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2008

Judged:

"Hey Kathy-
I made a statement that said some people have serious substance abuse issues and need to get help with them. I don't appreciate your perverted attitude about Mr. Johnson's HETEROSEXUAL lifestyle and me wanting his "Johnson" in my mouth! I think maybe you are the one wanting that!"

Wendy-it appears from your spelling correction in ALL CAPS that you’re policing typo’s in Kathy’s message. If that is the case, could you please clarify who this “Mr. Johnson” is that you refer to? That’s what I thought. Thanks for playing…dork.
Also Serious

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

But seriously wrote:
Rob’s a good dude. I’ve always admired his dynamic personality and positive disposition. From what I understand he really was going through a “rough time” and has had to pull himself out of a dark place that most of us are fortunate enough to know nothing about.
It’s easy to judge him right now but that’s not the answer. He needs help and deserves the support he’s receiving. Love ya Robby!!!
Many, many addicts seem to have "charming" and "dynamic" personalities. That part of them goes into overdrive so that they can manipulate people successfully in order to get funding for their fixes.
drena

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

Judged:

They should put him under the jail. Stealing from the elderly is just wrong on so many different levels.
What A Scum Bag

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

Once he hits prison he will be wishing that he still had some of that cash he had taken, so that he could pay Bubba off from wanting to get in his back yard and do some gardening.
YOU are Bubba

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

What A Scum Bag wrote:
Once he hits prison he will be wishing that he still had some of that cash he had taken, so that he could pay Bubba off from wanting to get in his back yard and do some gardening.
Your post is quite revealing. You just inadvertently outed yourself buddy. It’s common knowledge in the academic world that those who make homophobic/male-rape fantasy comments are releasing their own latent and frustrated homosexual desires. I’m just sayin…
Well done

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

drena wrote:
They should put him under the jail. Stealing from the elderly is just wrong on so many different levels.
What’s under the jail? Is that where the secret torture rooms are? I didn’t know that the correctional system was in the practice of putting people under jails. Personally I think I’d rather be under the jail, it’s that much easier to dig a tunnel like Andy did in Shawshank Redemption. That sounds really expensive though…to create a jail under the jail. Now that you’ve brought it to everyone’s attention I think we should all write to our local congressmen and ask that taxpayer money stop being used to support underground jail labyrinths immediately!!!

P.S. your post was just wrong on so many different levels. Dork.
Wendy

Greenville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

Get it right wrote:
"Hey Kathy-
I made a statement that said some people have serious substance abuse issues and need to get help with them. I don't appreciate your perverted attitude about Mr. Johnson's HETEROSEXUAL lifestyle and me wanting his "Johnson" in my mouth! I think maybe you are the one wanting that!"
Wendy-it appears from your spelling correction in ALL CAPS that you’re policing typo’s in Kathy’s message. If that is the case, could you please clarify who this “Mr. Johnson” is that you refer to? That’s what I thought. Thanks for playing…dork.
Why don't you go back and read the statement she typed up first before you call me any names. Mr. Johnson was the lawn care worker who was accused of taking more than a quarter million dollars from the elderly couple! I am not homosexual, but I don't appreciate comments from people saying I should put his "Johnson" in my mouth. I thought it was rude and not very appropriate for an online discussion board.
Wendy

Greenville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

Nater MC wrote:
<quoted text>
Wendy,
U R gay
Actually I'm not gay, but that's none of your business anyhow. I didn't appreciate the persons' comment because I thought it was very inappropriate to be posting on a discussion board. I personally find your comment childish.
J lofgren Jr

Macomb, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

Since he's going to the pokey, Do you think he will sell his Motorcycle??? I really want some parts off the jeep as well. Do you think he will sell the lawn equipment. It must have done some quality work to get paid that much LOL. Where Is the auction going to be??? Let everyone know if possible.
You fight it

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

Wendy wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you go back and read the statement she typed up first before you call me any names. Mr. Johnson was the lawn care worker who was accused of taking more than a quarter million dollars from the elderly couple! I am not homosexual, but I don't appreciate comments from people saying I should put his "Johnson" in my mouth. I thought it was rude and not very appropriate for an online discussion board.
It is actually YOU who would be better served to go back and read the statement before you complain about being called any names. You've invented a fictitious "Mr. Johnson" he just doesn't exist anywhere other than in your retarded replies. Take a minute...think about it. Now that you've had two bites at the apple and still don't get it, you are officially promoted from dork to frickin weenie.
lol Mr Johnson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

Who is this mr. Johnson you all are speaking of. I don't understand.... I personally am shocked at what I read, and watched in the news clip. Everyone does crazy sht from time to time, but this i never imagined. And dammm a Nater MC sighting!! Sup homie!
Wendy

Greenville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

You fight it wrote:
<quoted text>
It is actually YOU who would be better served to go back and read the statement before you complain about being called any names. You've invented a fictitious "Mr. Johnson" he just doesn't exist anywhere other than in your retarded replies. Take a minute...think about it. Now that you've had two bites at the apple and still don't get it, you are officially promoted from dork to frickin weenie.
This is what she wrote to ME: Dear wendy,

Sounds like you want Mr. Mason's Johnson in your mouth. Maybe you should address your feelings with him, instead of online.
P.S. I don't think he will disagree with hedrosexual relations before federal prison.
P.P.S If you care about him so much why don't you bail him out?

I meant to say MR. MASON'S Johnson...NOT Mr. Johnson...I'm just a little irritated that someone would say something VERY inappropriate to me on this discussion board...but whatever!
97 GLHS

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2008

Judged:

WOW all these horrible posts. YES Rob made a very bad choice which he will pay for.But the way most of you talk you or your relatives have never made bad choices, you probably have just got didnt get caught. Leave the judgement for the judge ! I know that for the 14- 15 years I have know Rob and his family they have been wonderful people.
GR Res

Clinton Township, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2008

To all the idiots blaming the bank for not noticing...do you know how many customers banks have? Do you think that we personally watch each account? Banks are a place for transactions, not a watchdog. We ask customers for IDs and question them for large cash withdrawals, but if the checks were being deposited and not cashed, it would be very difficult to note. On another note, I see customers all of the time who don't see their statements and don't balance, so this does not surprise me at all.
GR Res

Clinton Township, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2008

Aloha_365 wrote:
OMG! This story made the local news here in Honolulu...unreal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
?????
Jumper

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Mike-Hastings wrote:
<quoted text>I bet they are not rich anymore. I believe on the story they aired last night that the couple, when they realized it, only had $7000 left. I also thought I heard that the "elderly" gemtleman has since had a heart attack and died over this. I only caught little blurbs of this report, so please do not take this as solid evidence. If that is true, and Mr. Bristol did in fact die, would not manslaughter be also a charge forthcoming? I would hope so.
The story states that Rob had only 7 grand left of the money he stole. It is very unlikely that he would be charged with any sort of manslaughter type charges. It would be impossible to really prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. Mason's actions directly caused the death of a man in his late 70's or maybe older(I forget his exact age). Nothing in the news report mentioned anything other than an expression of condolences to the family for the death of Mr. Bristol.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Looks like drug addiction. The other $263,000 probably went up his nose.
Still No Excuse

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Arctic49519 wrote:
Looks like drug addiction. The other $263,000 probably went up his nose.
Or was injected into his arm.
info

Richfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

The couple he was stealing from live in a $1.5mil house. That might explain why they didn't notice the missing money.
friend

Evanston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

It's amazing to me how quickly one can judge a stranger. I have known Rob for 20 years and I am saddened, sickened, by what has been alleged. Rob is a sincere, and perhaps, lost soul who needs support and we intend to be there for him and his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hickory Corners Discussions

Search the Hickory Corners Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 23 gottondas 5,482
innocent man serving life without parole for a ... (Mar '10) Jul 16 Julio99 28
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
lights Jul 1 noisy 1
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun '14 lulubell 302
Kalamazoo school enrollment trends stand in sta... Jun '14 madhu 1
Battle Creek Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jun '14 texas pete 18
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hickory Corners Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hickory Corners People Search