Inmate dies in jail cell

Inmate dies in jail cell

There are 84 comments on the Union City Daily Messenger story from Apr 17, 2007, titled Inmate dies in jail cell. In it, Union City Daily Messenger reports that:

Authorities are investigating the death of a female inmate who was found unresponsive early Thursday morning in her cell at the Fulton County Jail in Hickman, Ky. via Union City Daily Messenger

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Union City Daily Messenger.

hey

Owensboro, KY

#21 Mar 20, 2009
my fiance is in fulton county jail and we live in nelson county after reading this I'm goona do what I have to do to get him moved. I just got on here because I wanted to know a little more bout the place I'm 4 hrs. away.
Yeah Right

Alexandria, LA

#22 Mar 21, 2009
The death you are reading about took place more than 30 years ago in the old jail downtown. The FCDC is one of the best facilites in the state. They have an excellent staff and are respected by the other jails and the department of corrections, you have nothing to worry about your fiance.
hey

Owensboro, KY

#23 Mar 21, 2009
Thanks yeah right that had me worried there for a minute I apprciate you clearing that up for me!!
AKG

AOL

#24 Mar 22, 2009
LOL excellent staff????? HA! Ricky hires anyone & everyone! After they won't screw him or do something crazy, he fires them! Who really knows what goes on with the inmates???
I heard they went to Fulton & built the jailers house when he had it done.
Talk about the respect of others...HA!
ready2go

Pineville, LA

#25 Mar 23, 2009
AKG wrote:
LOL excellent staff????? HA! Ricky hires anyone & everyone! After they won't screw him or do something crazy, he fires them! Who really knows what goes on with the inmates???
I heard they went to Fulton & built the jailers house when he had it done.
Talk about the respect of others...HA!
This is true!
Can anyone say sub machine gun? Can anyone say GROSS neglect of taxpayers dollars?
AKG

AOL

#26 Mar 23, 2009
ready2go wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true!
Can anyone say sub machine gun? Can anyone say GROSS neglect of taxpayers dollars?
Glad someone else agrees and KNOWS!!!!
Bill

Pineville, KY

#27 Mar 23, 2009
I wish someone had proof that inmates were used at his house. If so please post it and it will investigated. I promise.
DUMBAZZZ

Rochester, KY

#28 Mar 24, 2009
you cannot POST PROOF!
toc

Urania, LA

#29 Jun 20, 2009
EX EMPLOYEE wrote:
SAW THE INJUSTICE OF CORRUPTION FIRST HAND AS AN EMPLOYEE. SPEAKING OUT ABOUT THE PROBLEMS WILL GET YOU FIRED OR BLACKBALLED. YOU CAN'T GET JUSTICE IN A SYSTEM THAT HAS NONE.
Yah I worked at that jail too, and I have seen the underhanded crap that goes on there first hand. Inmates dying from not getting their meds or other medical treatment is a reacurring situation at that jail. It has happened time and time again, and yet no one ever says a word.
toc

Urania, LA

#30 Jun 20, 2009
Also a truth teller wrote:
I know she was cleared by the doctor to go back to jail. I also know she refused her medicine. The jailer had no responsibility to this death like it is being insinuated. She died from an illness she already had. Come on people. The jailer is a good man. He runs a good jail. The only ones who seem to stir up things is people who have been or have had a family member jailed. I'm ready to cast my vote for him again. 2010 isn't far away.
I have worked for him along with other people here. I know different. One of the people who spoke out against him on here is the daughter of his moms best friend. If you vote for parnell in 2010, then you are voting for a liar, because he said if we elected him to this last term, that he would retire and never run again. Inmates were transported over state line to work at his gym, which is illegal. One of them was "Shandas" brother. I seenit with my own eyes, and I seen Ricky personally beat the crap out of an inmate just for causing him to get his white shirt dirty.
WHOA

AOL

#31 Jun 21, 2009
wow....I believe that sh*t too. he's a psychotic control freak!!!
Jim

Bowling Green, KY

#32 Jun 22, 2009
How people can get onto this sight and tell such extraordinary lies amazes me. I have been an employee of FCDC for 20 years and I can assure the reasonable people of Fulton County that your jail is among the best run jails in KY. We are inspected twice a year by the Kentucky Department of Corrections and audited yearly by the state auditors office. I would think if we were near as bad as people on here make us out to be we would have done been called in on the rug by now. I think you can be proud of your jailer and his jail staff, thanks to him not one cent of your tax dollars is spent on operating the jai. You can believe who you want the fools who like to create controvery or someone with real knowledge of what goes on with inside. We have never covered anything up. all incidents that have happened at the jail have been investigated by the state police and we have been cleared on everyone of them. If one of the above writers is an ex employee, it is because he either broke the rules or was too lazy to show up or he would still be an employee. Unfortunately this is a business that creates a certain number of enemies and enemies like to spread lies, so this could be the case. I wont respond to anyones lies and enuendos on here but I will gladly discuss it with you in private if you so choose, may god bless all of you.
BE HONEST

Urania, LA

#33 Jun 22, 2009
Jim wrote:
How people can get onto this sight and tell such extraordinary lies amazes me. I have been an employee of FCDC for 20 years and I can assure the reasonable people of Fulton County that your jail is among the best run jails in KY. We are inspected twice a year by the Kentucky Department of Corrections and audited yearly by the state auditors office. I would think if we were near as bad as people on here make us out to be we would have done been called in on the rug by now. I think you can be proud of your jailer and his jail staff, thanks to him not one cent of your tax dollars is spent on operating the jai. You can believe who you want the fools who like to create controvery or someone with real knowledge of what goes on with inside. We have never covered anything up. all incidents that have happened at the jail have been investigated by the state police and we have been cleared on everyone of them. If one of the above writers is an ex employee, it is because he either broke the rules or was too lazy to show up or he would still be an employee. Unfortunately this is a business that creates a certain number of enemies and enemies like to spread lies, so this could be the case. I wont respond to anyones lies and enuendos on here but I will gladly discuss it with you in private if you so choose, may god bless all of you.
So let me get this straight...If someone doesnt work for you and Ricky anymore it is because they screwed up, and its not possible that they have moved on to bigger and better things? I assure you there are plenty of honest and hardworking people who quit that jail because of the crap that goes on there and gets swept under the rug. You can lie to save face and call everyone who challenges you a liar, but the people of Fulton county are not stupid, They know the truth. The truth is that the jail is being built onto contantly because of greed, and yall cant keep the inmates in. Why not try to do something about security first? And as far as yall letting jailers patrol the streets, EVERYONE has seen that. Yall try to run it like some huge instistution with all these obsurd titles like sgts, cpl, LT, capt, Whats next? Adjutant general of operations. Its a small county jail, not the freaking military. If you will admit it, FCDC has had alot more escapes than they have even alerted the public about. And when they do have one they call it a "walk off". You dont escape from inside a facility and call it a walk off to make yourself look better. The only reason you are on here is damage control. Yall need to seel some of those new vehicles, quit trying to play cop, and invest in security for that Mickey Mouse jail. How many times have jailers been seen at walmart with their family on county gas? How many times have they been to Reelfoot lake ect on county Gas? Call me a liar if you want, I have seen photos and videos to prove it. If you think the jail is the best ran in KY just because it brings in alot of money, you are mistaken. The poor security speaks for itself, and is a threat to the safety of the citizens. Yes the jail brings in alot of revenue, But look how it is spent....On new Dodge Chargers, and Ford expeditions with police lights on them. Its ridiculous and completely unnecessary just as is the new addition onto the jail. The bottom line is that the current jailer is dishonest. We could argue that fact until our faces turned blue, but you work for him, so I would expect you to keep making excuses and defending the way the jail is ran. And to return to the original topic, This was not an isolated event.
BE HONEST

Urania, LA

#34 Jun 22, 2009
And as for those inmates that worked on the Gym in south Fulton, I can even call the names of the inmates if you would like, and probably get an exact date.
Wow

AOL

#35 Jun 22, 2009
BE HONEST.....

I say put him to the challenge....LOL

I think you would win the challenge but not RICKY OR JIM will ever admit to a thing.
Chelsey

Hopkinsville, KY

#36 Jun 23, 2009
Well whether they ever admit anything or not, too many people have seen it. I dont know Jim that well but I know Ricky, and I personally seen inmates working on his new house. Therefore I believe the post about inmates helping him on his gym. I have heard of jailers stopping people too and trying to act like cops. An officer showed me a KRS code that ,if you read it ALL, you will see that the ONLY time a jailer can detain anyone is when it is an escapee(which they have plenty of). The statute says that a jailer or deputy jailer has the same power as a police officer TO DETAIN AN INMATE IN THE EVENT OF AN ESCAPE!!! You have to read it all and not just pick out the parts you like Rickie. If a jailer tries to pull you over, Call the state police immediately.
Wow

AOL

#37 Jun 23, 2009
Yeah I will be perfectly honest with you on this matter....I don't care how pretty all your little lights on your car or SUV looks, I am NOT pulling over for ANY unmarked vehicle, OR a vehicle marked FCDC!!!!!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#38 Jun 23, 2009
I'm sure a lady with a heart condition would refuse her meds, well that just sounds so stupid. They said they have tape of her complaining to the judge that she wasn't getting it. God knows the truth. God bless those who love her and miss her.
babygirl 48

Eddyville, KY

#39 Jun 24, 2009
the jail is not ran right but are you sure they can not arest people. they once arrested someone i no go out turn right around and less then 5min 3 jailers went to his mom house and rearrested him for warrant instead of serving it on him while he was in there let that mom bond him out and jeff bobby and a lady came an detain him for the chief is that right?
Did you go to school

Urania, LA

#40 Jun 24, 2009
babygirl 48 wrote:
the jail is not ran right but are you sure they can not arest people. they once arrested someone i no go out turn right around and less then 5min 3 jailers went to his mom house and rearrested him for warrant instead of serving it on him while he was in there let that mom bond him out and jeff bobby and a lady came an detain him for the chief is that right?
You absolutely have the worst English/communication skills I've seen on here!! The way you write, I don't think you try very hard for people to understand your thoughts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hickman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
charlie roberts 50 min Disappointing 5
Local hospital going away 2 hr Guest2 2
Thief Parnell 6 hr guest 17
Elbert henson snitching again 6 hr Jim 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Sun Tik Tok 906
Serious question about Hickman Co Jail....... Jun 22 Jim 9
The Mound on Sassafras Ridge south of Hickman. (Mar '10) Jun 21 robert earl benford 22

Hickman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hickman Mortgages