First Prev
of 2
Next Last
unhappy again

Lyndon, KS

#1 Jul 26, 2012
I turned on my computer today and it said new city manager likes to get things done, and I though that they were talking about Hiawatha, well they were not it was Topeka so I just wanted to say mabe some day our prayers will come true.
Really

United States

#2 Jul 26, 2012
Some people just dwell on the negative. You must be one of them. There are so many City Managers out there who are truely lousy but you just never had any experience with them. At least the City Manager of Hiawatha actually cares about this City and does a good job. You can complain all you want, but I doubt you spent the time and money to go to college to get any sort of a degree, so you now just sit back and complain about others.
Hippi

Robinson, KS

#4 Jul 26, 2012
People complain because they can't make conversation or they are to lazy to make change. If everyone took one day to do their part to make this a nice place to live, things would change. The trashy yards, the kids running all over causing problems, the whole thing. Go to your neighbor and ask if they need help cleaning up, or ask who the kids parents are. We complain about SRS, but no one looks after the kids. No one finds their parents, and tells them, "your kid is acting an ass and we ain't havin it." It takes a community to make a community. Get involved. I'd like to be able to shop local, and I don't mean Walmart. Bring in business and open the down town again.
from ol time hiawatha

Robinson, KS

#5 Jul 26, 2012
I remember Saturday nights lots of people were in town shopping and socializing and all parking spaces were full. I remember at Tice drug store how very nice Chuck Tice was in helping people whether you were an adult or child. It seems all the people were very nice back then. Also going to the shoe store and they would bring out boxes of shoes to try on. Can't forget at Christmas time when Santa came with reindeer pulling a sleigh down main street and it was snowing, it was perfect. And the tragic time Santa parachuted out of a plane at the airport and was killed.
civilian

Robinson, KS

#6 Jul 26, 2012
The parks aren't safe for children anymore, the pool isn't safe, the youth centers aren't safe. What are our children to do? Parents need to be more involved. Go to the pool with your children, parent time is important, then they'll learn good people from bad. Volunteer at the youth groups and sports functions, make sure everything is going as it should.
Stranger

Beloit, KS

#7 Jul 27, 2012
A new City Manager for Hiawatha may not be too far off. She just interviewed for the vacancy in Colby.
not surprised

Lyndon, KS

#8 Jul 27, 2012
What a blessing
unhappy again

Lyndon, KS

#9 Jul 28, 2012
I hope the person is right about the City Manager but you have to feel sorry for the people of Colby. I have a better idea to go along with that, take the mayor and Dave with her.
Colby

Lyndon, KS

#10 Jul 28, 2012
Colby's city website commission minutes shows executive sessions for interviews. One was with Lynne Ladner. One was with their interim city manager.
quick

United States

#11 Jul 28, 2012
Somebody call and give her a stellar reference!
Taliban

Burlington, KS

#12 Aug 7, 2012
I guess Hiawatha willkeep its city manager now the Hiawatha Officals gave her 15,000 more a year to keep her here in Hiawatha according to what Dave Grim has going around.
FYI

Hiawatha, KS

#13 Aug 8, 2012
Taliban wrote:
I guess Hiawatha willkeep its city manager now the Hiawatha Officals gave her 15,000 more a year to keep her here in Hiawatha according to what Dave Grim has going around.
Before you open your big mouth make sure you are using correct figures and correct names.
hmmm

Topeka, KS

#14 Aug 8, 2012
Is Dave Grim getting a little testy? LOL!
Employee

United States

#15 Aug 9, 2012
We got .25cent raises & she's getting 25%. That's bull shit
mark K

Everest, KS

#16 Aug 9, 2012
wake up. its WHO you do!!! hahahahaha
hard worker

Everest, KS

#17 Aug 10, 2012
I saw in the paper where she is being paid 70 thousand a year now and they renewed her contract.
Employee

United States

#18 Aug 10, 2012
I haven't heard the council actually say it. Is it just a rumor? I say let her go to Colby
hard worker

Everest, KS

#19 Aug 10, 2012
It was in the paper this morning about the meeting.
one who cares

Eskridge, KS

#20 Aug 10, 2012
If this is true i think the mayors wife better check up on him, because the mayors wife is a very nice ladie and I can tell you for a fact Lynne is out for Lynne and being in bed with the mayor is a great way to keep your job.
michael

Robinson, KS

#21 Aug 11, 2012
B*tch. One word. B*tch! Nuff said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiawatha Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep one word, add one word (Mar '14) 8 hr Roscoe 1,317
Hiawatha To Possibly Fund New Movie Theater (Jan '14) 10 hr guess who 363
sammie jo (Apr '12) 10 hr Bob3 17
Harry men Tue Curly Sue 3
Hiawatha sage? Oct 19 laughingatheralways 2
Christina Hillebrand Aka: Chrissy Provo Oct 19 laughingatheralways 7
Anyone know Jessica Manlove Oct 17 jessica Simpson 2
Hiawatha Dating
Find my Match

Hiawatha Jobs