Is UCBI doomed?
Did you

Hiawassee, GA

#44 Nov 24, 2010
FED wrote:
<quoted text>
That name and picture only comes up when I use my office computer,
right now it won't come up since I am using FED's laptop at Regan Airport.
Did you mean Reagan National Airport, Dumbo?
cal66iber

Augusta, MI

#45 Nov 24, 2010
Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
And replace it with what?
we could use that same thing we had before the fed existed , anything pre 1913 some say gold .
dollars are backed by nothing but the tax payer blood sweat and tears at interest,,our kids are born in dept $160,000 each last time I checked and the fed owns their blood sweat and tears as well . we dont pay the government taxes we pay the fed ! obama is just the middle man , we are paying loans back that they set the terms of , they just forced a 600 billion loan on us again that not only charged interest but devaluated the supply we have to pay back. I have heard its about 40 cents on the dollar that the fed makes from us by loaning the government money , convince me that I am wrong

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#46 Nov 24, 2010
Did you wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you mean Reagan National Airport, Dumbo?
If you live and work here it is "Reagan", "Dulles" and "BWI".
full of IT

Texarkana, TX

#47 Nov 24, 2010
FED wrote:
<quoted text>
That name and picture only comes up when I use my office computer,
right now it won't come up since I am using FED's laptop at Regan Airport.
I know a guy who works for the FDIC, travels all over the country "helping" banks resolve their problems. He thinks you are probably full of IT.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#49 Nov 24, 2010
full of IT wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a guy who works for the FDIC, travels all over the country "helping" banks resolve their problems. He thinks you are probably full of IT.
I don't work for the FDIC. There are a lot of Federal Agencies.
Gosh

Hiawassee, GA

#50 Nov 24, 2010
US FED wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't work for the FDIC. There are a lot of Federal Agencies.
Gosh, Dumbo, "a lot of Federal Agencies"? Who knew?
Where

Hiawassee, GA

#51 Nov 24, 2010
US FED wrote:
<quoted text>
If you live and work here it is "Reagan", "Dulles" and "BWI".
Where is "here", Dumbo? "Location hidden"?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#52 Nov 24, 2010
Last Post, I'm going home.
I live in Alexandria, VA.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Reb

Dawsonville, GA

#53 Nov 26, 2010
Will this be Black Friday for UCB?
Lived there

Young Harris, GA

#55 Dec 31, 2010
UCBI

1.95 -0.14&#8206; (-6.70%&#8206;) Dec 31 4:00pm ET
1.95&#8206; +0.00&#8206; (0.00%&#8206;) After Hours

Open: 2.09
High: 2.10
Low: 1.91
Volume: 1,124,721
Avg Vol: 1,211,000
Mkt Cap: 184.27M

And BTW, there are no "local banks" here anymore.
Thanks for the laughs

Jefferson, GA

#56 Dec 31, 2010
The Mountains Voice wrote:
Next Quarterly report is due out in a few weeks - Jan 24 2011. Bank has been sliding all on it's own again. It hit the ceiling, and is starting to rattle back down the ladder. The next report is most likely going to show substantial loss of deposit balances. From a stock standpoint, the short sellers are getting ready to ratchet this thing down again in anticipation of another dismal report. If in the midst of short sell pressure, the report comes out as bad as I expect, then this stock will plummet.
People willing to invest in this institution deserve all the financial misery that is going to come. It actively competes against it's own customer base - the builders, developers and individual property owers trying to sell property. And it is tied tightly to a local government that is increasingly linked to corruption, theft and extravagant spending. To deposit money into, or to invest in this bank is to support everything that is wrong with this world.
If you aren't doing anything today, why not look around for a small local bank that still has integrity, and probably needs your support to fight off the FDIC. Better to save and support a small community bank with heart, than to feed a growing beast with an unhealthy appetite.
Isn't it time you took your money out of UCBI?
What bank are you with???
Quite frankly

United States

#57 Dec 31, 2010
Quite frankly this senario reminds me of the holiday movie "Is's a Wonderful Life" UCBI has,in my opinion,worked to the better good of this community. The Feds (Mr.Potter)and their policies have made business lending tough to justify. In short,many many busineses and indivuals do not have access to the trillions of dollars sitting on the sideline.If local banks (George Bailey)had the freedom to do business with the people [they] know are good for the money,we would not have this situation.
K.I.S.S.
Really now

Young Harris, GA

#58 Dec 31, 2010
Quite frankly wrote:
Quite frankly this senario reminds me of the holiday movie "Is's a Wonderful Life" UCBI has,in my opinion,worked to the better good of this community. The Feds (Mr.Potter)and their policies have made business lending tough to justify. In short,many many busineses and indivuals do not have access to the trillions of dollars sitting on the sideline.If local banks (George Bailey)had the freedom to do business with the people [they] know are good for the money,we would not have this situation.
K.I.S.S.
Yeah we would. There are no buyers out there looking for a second home or people wanting to retire here, and God knows no one comes here looking for a job. In short: stick a fork in it, folks, this place is done.
buy or retire hmmmm

Loganville, GA

#59 Jan 1, 2011
Really now wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah we would. There are no buyers out there looking for a second home or people wanting to retire here, and God knows no one comes here looking for a job. In short: stick a fork in it, folks, this place is done.
thats not quite the situation. Retire or buy there? sure i would, but nothing against the mountains, just weary of buying in this U.S. economy. looking for a job? no way!!! at one time, yes i wanted to move to the mountains and start a small business- absolutely love it up there and love the people too - nice folks. The problem stems in that the locals don't want new business from outsiders. Some how the locals feel threatened by an outsider such as myself trying to make a living (not get rich, just make a living). I rethought my position about trying to work my last 10-15 yrs there. I was told it was a good ole boy network and if i tried to make a go of it, I'd be shunned no matter what i was trying to sell or service, thereby going out of business. I do love the people, but i'd rather wait my time out here and come later. Then i can move that way and enjoy all there is that i love there now, but not have to worry about the economy there, local politics, etc. The locals it seems love the outsider's money but not the outsiders. It's a shame as where i'm from, we welcome all in our community. I'm not judging, but it is what it is. I attribute the position of the mountain folks, with all due respect, as afraid of change(which will come anyway), fear of the unknown, lack of education, tradition(daddy always did it that way. I love tradition, and there's definitely a place for it, but i can wait. The prices need to fall back to reality too as the mountain real estate scene was the biggest ponzi scheme since the golden gate bridge was sold :)
Lived there

Young Harris, GA

#60 Jan 1, 2011
buy or retire hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
thats not quite the situation. Retire or buy there? sure i would, but nothing against the mountains, just weary of buying in this U.S. economy. looking for a job? no way!!! at one time, yes i wanted to move to the mountains and start a small business- absolutely love it up there and love the people too - nice folks. The problem stems in that the locals don't want new business from outsiders. Some how the locals feel threatened by an outsider such as myself trying to make a living (not get rich, just make a living). I rethought my position about trying to work my last 10-15 yrs there. I was told it was a good ole boy network and if i tried to make a go of it, I'd be shunned no matter what i was trying to sell or service, thereby going out of business. I do love the people, but i'd rather wait my time out here and come later. Then i can move that way and enjoy all there is that i love there now, but not have to worry about the economy there, local politics, etc. The locals it seems love the outsider's money but not the outsiders. It's a shame as where i'm from, we welcome all in our community. I'm not judging, but it is what it is. I attribute the position of the mountain folks, with all due respect, as afraid of change(which will come anyway), fear of the unknown, lack of education, tradition(daddy always did it that way. I love tradition, and there's definitely a place for it, but i can wait. The prices need to fall back to reality too as the mountain real estate scene was the biggest ponzi scheme since the golden gate bridge was sold :)
Thank goodness for the internet. Otherwise, I'd still be stuck in a city at an age when I'm wanting to slow down.
Reb

Jefferson, GA

#61 Jan 1, 2011
The idea that United is a local bank is crazy. It is controlled by NY brokers who decide which way it goes. United is lost just as Bank of Hiawassee and Applachian. They don't let anyone know how much property they are holding. They have property that was foreclosed on months ago which hasn't hit the market yet. If they put it all on the market we would see a 75% decrease in land values overnight.
Lived there

Young Harris, GA

#62 Jan 1, 2011
President & CEO of United Community Banks Inc.(UCBI) Jimmy C Tallent buys 29,000 shares of UCBI on 11/17/2010 at an average price of $1.42 a share.

President & CEO Jimmy C Tallent bought 50,000 shares of UCBI stock on 11/16/2010 at the average price of 1.27. Jimmy C Tallent owns at least 202,297 shares after this. The price of the stock has increased by 6.3% since.

EVP & CFO Rex S Schuette bought 9,000 shares of UCBI stock on 11/16/2010 at the average price of 1.38. Rex S Schuette owns at least 54,068 shares after this. The price of the stock has decreased by 2.17% since.

Director L Cathy Cox bought 2,750 shares of UCBI stock on 11/16/2010 at the average price of 1.37. L Cathy Cox owns at least 8,610 shares after this. The price of the stock has decreased by 1.46% since.

Robert H Blalock bought 4,000 shares of UCBI stock on 11/16/2010 at the average price of 1.28. Robert H Blalock owns at least 136,236 shares after this. The price of the stock has increased by 5.47% since.

Director W C Jr Nelson bought 90,397 shares of UCBI stock on 08/31/2010 at the average price of 2.48. W C Jr Nelson owns at least 2,113,768 shares after this. The price of the stock has decreased by 45.56% since.

L Cathy Cox bought 1,000 shares of UCBI stock on 08/10/2010 at the average price of 3.03. L Cathy Cox owns at least 5,860 shares after this. The price of the stock has decreased by 55.45% since.
24KT GOLD

Homer, GA

#63 Jan 1, 2011
Wont touch this stock till it under a buck....comming soon.
local

Jefferson, GA

#64 Jan 1, 2011
Lived there wrote:
President & CEO of United Community Banks Inc.(UCBI) Jimmy C Tallent buys 29,000 shares of UCBI on 11/17/2010 at an average price of $1.42 a share.
President & CEO Jimmy C Tallent bought 50,000 shares of UCBI stock on 11/16/2010 at the average price of 1.27. Jimmy C Tallent owns at least 202,297 shares after this. The price of the stock has increased by 6.3% since.
EVP & CFO Rex S Schuette bought 9,000 shares of UCBI stock on 11/16/2010 at the average price of 1.38. Rex S Schuette owns at least 54,068 shares after this. The price of the stock has decreased by 2.17% since.
Director L Cathy Cox bought 2,750 shares of UCBI stock on 11/16/2010 at the average price of 1.37. L Cathy Cox owns at least 8,610 shares after this. The price of the stock has decreased by 1.46% since.
Robert H Blalock bought 4,000 shares of UCBI stock on 11/16/2010 at the average price of 1.28. Robert H Blalock owns at least 136,236 shares after this. The price of the stock has increased by 5.47% since.
Director W C Jr Nelson bought 90,397 shares of UCBI stock on 08/31/2010 at the average price of 2.48. W C Jr Nelson owns at least 2,113,768 shares after this. The price of the stock has decreased by 45.56% since.
L Cathy Cox bought 1,000 shares of UCBI stock on 08/10/2010 at the average price of 3.03. L Cathy Cox owns at least 5,860 shares after this. The price of the stock has decreased by 55.45% since.
And most people don't know if they will have a home or food next week. Bank stock and who owms it is the average person's least worry.
Lived there

Young Harris, GA

#65 Jan 1, 2011
local wrote:
<quoted text> And most people don't know if they will have a home or food next week. Bank stock and who owms it is the average person's least worry.
True, too true, but the post is pertinent to the thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiawassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mason's grandson arrested in Murphy- special tr... 2 hr GBI 2
To the Mayor of blairsville ga (Jun '17) 4 hr Mr Mayor 18
vote no - esplost !!! (Feb '13) 7 hr Boo hoo 171
Floridiot alert!!! 8 hr Fud 21
Why was City Manager allowed to walk when caugh... Feb 17 Baffled 11
Superintendent Salary ? Feb 15 Matt 9
Huge structure on Bell Street Feb 14 Adam 9

Hiawassee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hiawassee Mortgages