What is with Sam Nunn?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#1 May 7, 2008
He used to be one of my favorite Democrats. Now he's an Obama backer? Say it ain't so!

Since: May 08

Jefferson, GA

#2 May 7, 2008
Part of the story from the AJC.
Sam Nunn lines up behind Barack Obama as best equipped to stop political ‘demonizing, dumbing down’
Friday, April 18, 2008, 12:25 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Former Georgia senator Sam Nunn, who toyed with the concept of a non-partisan run for president last year, has come down on the side of Barack Obama in the Democratic race for president.

The former senator, considered one of the nation’s preeminent experts on U.S. defense, met with Obama’s foreign policy team this morning.

In a just released statement, Nunn said Obama “will have the sound judgment to put together an outstanding governing team, bringing people together across old boundaries.”

“My own role in this campaign will be as an advisor - particularly in the field of national security and foreign policy,” Nunn said.

Location hidden

#3 May 7, 2008
NoGutsNoGlory wrote:
Part of the story from the AJC.
Sam Nunn lines up behind Barack Obama as best equipped to stop political ‘demonizing, dumbing down’
Friday, April 18, 2008, 12:25 PM
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Former Georgia senator Sam Nunn, who toyed with the concept of a non-partisan run for president last year, has come down on the side of Barack Obama in the Democratic race for president.
The former senator, considered one of the nation’s preeminent experts on U.S. defense, met with Obama’s foreign policy team this morning.
In a just released statement, Nunn said Obama “will have the sound judgment to put together an outstanding governing team, bringing people together across old boundaries.”
“My own role in this campaign will be as an advisor - particularly in the field of national security and foreign policy,” Nunn said.
I'm very disappointed.

Since: Sep 07

Coldwater, MI

#4 May 7, 2008
Windbag, I agree. I almost couldn't believe that when I read it a while back. I can remember in the 1980s thinking that Sen. Nunn would have made a fine candidate for president, regardless of his party affiliation. Guess I'm going to have to reappraise that assessment.
Get the facts

United States

#5 May 8, 2008
Come on guys if i were a democrat and my choice were hillary or obama i would have to go with obama and i am a women. It really saddens me to see that all these white women (I am White) voting for Hillary just because she is a woman her record does not speak favorably to me she has more failures than success's do we want her to waste billions more on a health care plan that will fail. she has already done that once and she is anti military. WB you looked at what i posted the other day on clintons etc. If I were sam nun i would have jumped party boundries

Location hidden

#6 May 8, 2008
Get the facts wrote:
Come on guys if i were a democrat and my choice were hillary or obama i would have to go with obama and i am a women. It really saddens me to see that all these white women (I am White) voting for Hillary just because she is a woman her record does not speak favorably to me she has more failures than success's do we want her to waste billions more on a health care plan that will fail. she has already done that once and she is anti military. WB you looked at what i posted the other day on clintons etc. If I were sam nun i would have jumped party boundries
Senator Nunn and Senator Miller both have guts, staying in the party the way they have. They may one day succeed in making it a "National Party" once again. It is more valuable to try to make changes from the inside than stand outside and throw rocks. Something I should learn, I'm afraid.
Rut Row

Martin, GA

#7 May 8, 2008
windbag wrote:
<quoted text>
Senator Nunn and Senator Miller both have guts, staying in the party the way they have. They may one day succeed in making it a "National Party" once again. It is more valuable to try to make changes from the inside than stand outside and throw rocks. Something I should learn, I'm afraid.
Guts?
Neither have guts or they would have went Republican. How can Miller say he is a Christian and stay a Democrat?

Location hidden

#8 May 8, 2008
Rut Row wrote:
<quoted text>Guts?
Neither have guts or they would have went Republican. How can Miller say he is a Christian and stay a Democrat?
Judging from the criticism he has gotten over that very issue, I would say it required a lot of intestinal fortitude.

Location hidden

#9 May 8, 2008
Rut Row wrote:
<quoted text>Guts?
Have you read his book(s)?

Hiawassee

#10 May 8, 2008
windbag wrote:
<quoted text>
It has taken GUTS for Miller to stand up to the wrong doings in his own Democratic party. I have never voted for a Democratic President, but if Miller had ran I would have voted for him.
Rut Row

Martin, GA

#11 May 8, 2008
Townsresident wrote:
<quoted text>
It has taken GUTS for Miller to stand up to the wrong doings in his own Democratic party. I have never voted for a Democratic President, but if Miller had ran I would have voted for him.
Being a Christian I could not vote for any Democrat, local, state or national candidate. My faith will not allow me to do so.
Rut Row

Martin, GA

#12 May 8, 2008
windbag wrote:
<quoted text>
One of them, why?

Hiawassee

#13 May 8, 2008
Rut Row wrote:
<quoted text>Being a Christian I could not vote for any Democrat, local, state or national candidate. My faith will not allow me to do so.
I am a Christian, and I do believe that Miller practices more of the Christian faith than any of those in the current Presidental race....However this is my opinion only. I will not judge anyone, for I am not the judge. Let me add I was a Huckabee supporter, and it saddens me to see that a man who at times has refused to say the pledge stands a better chance at being our next President than a Baptist Minister does.

Hiawassee

#14 May 8, 2008
Sorry that should have read ..."for I am not The Judge."
Rut Row

Martin, GA

#15 May 8, 2008
Townsresident wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Christian, and I do believe that Miller practices more of the Christian faith than any of those in the current Presidental race....However this is my opinion only. I will not judge anyone, for I am not the judge. Let me add I was a Huckabee supporter, and it saddens me to see that a man who at times has refused to say the pledge stands a better chance at being our next President than a Baptist Minister does.
If Miller practiced the TRUE Christian faith he would not support the Democratic platform. As a true Christian your faith would not allow you to do so. He can skip around it all day if he wishes. He doesn't have the GUTS to withdraw from that party. He is a true politician and a Christian phony, and a nice guy of course.

Location hidden

#16 May 9, 2008
Rut Row wrote:
<quoted text>If Miller practiced the TRUE Christian faith he would not support the Democratic platform. As a true Christian your faith would not allow you to do so. He can skip around it all day if he wishes. He doesn't have the GUTS to withdraw from that party. He is a true politician and a Christian phony, and a nice guy of course.
He doesn't support much of the platform. That is why he gave the speech at the Republican Convention.

Since: Jan 08

Jefferson, GA

#17 May 9, 2008
Rut Row wrote:
<quoted text>If Miller practiced the TRUE Christian faith he would not support the Democratic platform. As a true Christian your faith would not allow you to do so. He can skip around it all day if he wishes. He doesn't have the GUTS to withdraw from that party. He is a true politician and a Christian phony, and a nice guy of course.
I consider myself a Republican, but I don't buy all the crap on the Republican agenda either, specially McCain. I won't go into what issues I speak of, but I guess I just found out I'm not a true Christian!

All these years and I find out I'm a phony Christian because I don't believe in everyone else's agenda?

Wow, what is America coming to?...... can't even have my own beliefs anymore!

That's it! I guess I'm an Independent!

Since: Jan 08

Jefferson, GA

#18 May 9, 2008
Okay, so I was being facetious!

I am a Republican, but I have a right to my own beliefs like anyone else. I am not a puppet on someone else's string.

Just exactly what is a true Democrat or Republican? A Democrat can have some beliefs that are in line with a Republican platform as well as a Replubican can have some beliefs that are in line with a Democratic platform.

Being able to have ones own beliefs without fear of reprisal is what makes America, America. Let's never lose sight of that.

Can we agree to disagree??
Get the facts

United States

#19 May 9, 2008
You have a point there but Zell has more of the beliefs of a republican. Its really unfortunate that the democratic party has gone so far left. It just seems to be that there is no turning back the damage has been done. It really amazes me that in hayesville it was a land slide for hillary i don't know if it has to do with race or what but it saddens me. It doesn't say how many republicans came out to vote.
windbag wrote:
<quoted text>
Get the facts

United States

#20 May 9, 2008
He is not a phony I think Zell stayed in his party for the simple reason that he was trying to get the dems to see the light. which now anything goes.
Rut Row wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiawassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
leash laws (Nov '07) 19 min Lemonade 36
Troubled times ahead! 5 hr jimbo 2 143
Par Sterling Bank in Hiawasse 6 hr clover 6
Towns County Georgia Sheriff Chris constituti... (Feb '13) 10 hr Keep Clinton 16
Linda Curtis for Sheriff 11 hr Charlie 966
Commission Race 12 hr Jones 37
Bonnie Allen 13 hr FiFi 35

Hiawassee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hiawassee Mortgages