New Superior Court Judge appointment

New Superior Court Judge appointment

Posted in the Hiawassee Forum

letstalk

Moultrie, GA

#1 Oct 29, 2007
Has anyone else heard that Murphy Miller has been appointed by Governor Perdue to serve as Superior Court Judge beginning January 2008? I read an article online about the appointment made a week or so ago. I found this kind of odd since Perdue is a Republican and of course the Miller's are Democrates.
Phorensix

United States

#2 Oct 29, 2007
letstalk wrote:
Has anyone else heard that Murphy Miller has been appointed by Governor Perdue to serve as Superior Court Judge beginning January 2008? I read an article online about the appointment made a week or so ago. I found this kind of odd since Perdue is a Republican and of course the Miller's are Democrates.
Yep. Its true. Why Larry Sorgen - if anyone - wasn't appointed defies reason unless he didn't want the job.
Lucy

Moultrie, GA

#3 Oct 29, 2007
Phorensix wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Its true. Why Larry Sorgen - if anyone - wasn't appointed defies reason unless he didn't want the job.
How can the Public Defender move to position of Judge? Doesn't he know a lot of information about defendents? I have heard some interesting stories about one of his employees that make it very doubtful she should be a Judge's secretary.

Isn't this circuit made up of Lumpkin, White, Union and Towns counties? I can't believe a more qualified person could not be found for this appointment.

Since: Sep 07

Portage, MI

#4 Oct 29, 2007
Lucy, under the ethical canons, the judge would have to recuse him- or herself if they have this kind of personal knowledge.
SASSAFRAS TEA 10

Dawsonville, GA

#5 Oct 29, 2007
It is obvious he was conceived in NC because of his first name Murphy. Lord don't let him sue me because of using the word conceived.
alpha male

Salt Lake City, UT

#7 Oct 18, 2010
SASSAFRAS TEA 10 wrote:
It is obvious he was conceived in NC because of his first name Murphy. Lord don't let him sue me because of using the word conceived.
is he still a judge?
Hey

Hiawassee, GA

#8 Oct 18, 2010
OldTimer30546 wrote:
Lucy, under the ethical canons, the judge would have to recuse him- or herself if they have this kind of personal knowledge.
Hey Dumbo, you grammar challenged putz, who are "they"?
Surely

Hiawassee, GA

#9 Oct 18, 2010
letstalk wrote:
Surely Gov. Perdue, even though a lame duck, would not make such a crassly political appointment which would blow out the smell test meter. Or would he? As for the Millers, or as you would have it "Miller's", being "Democrates", they have long since made their deal with the Devil and now worship at the same alter as Christine O'Donnell.
mack bolan

Salt Lake City, UT

#10 Oct 18, 2010
Surely wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely Gov. Perdue, even though a lame duck, would not make such a crassly political appointment which would blow out the smell test meter. Or would he? As for the Millers, or as you would have it "Miller's", being "Democrates", they have long since made their deal with the Devil and now worship at the same alter as Christine O'Donnell.
if u only knew.
OL WARHORSE LAWYER

Jefferson, GA

#11 Oct 18, 2010
He [Miller] was a good Worker's Comp Judge and the only good Superior Court Judge in the Enotah Circit and YES he has ruled against me more than once! Barrett is to Justice what Hitler was to World Peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiawassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sentinel Offender Services 4 hr Bobbie 3
Barrett for Clinton 4 hr Telling 57
Windstream Reward Program? (Oct '14) 8 hr GEORGIA 3
Bonnie Allen Fri Jack 60
Be aware of thomas tire (Jul '13) Thu Jerry - Hayesville 28
Masonry Thu Le Church 4
Is it OK to be gay in hiawassee ? Thu Le Church 15

Hiawassee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance