Mary's Southern Grill
Loretta

United States

#1 Apr 4, 2009
Has everyone here tried Mary's Southern Grill? If not, please give it a try. Good southern cooking and a gracious hostess.

Especially good for breakfast are the old fashioned fried potatoes along with eggs and bacon for me.

For lunch I love the chicken salad and potato salad...broccoli salad is great too.

Chili is great on top of a big ole piece of corn bread. The soups are delicious!

She's adding a "rib-eye night" on Thursday.

Please help keep local businesses...in business.
Dinner

Dawsonville, GA

#2 Apr 4, 2009
Loretta wrote:
Has everyone here tried Mary's Southern Grill? If not, please give it a try. Good southern cooking and a gracious hostess.
Especially good for breakfast are the old fashioned fried potatoes along with eggs and bacon for me.
For lunch I love the chicken salad and potato salad...broccoli salad is great too.
Chili is great on top of a big ole piece of corn bread. The soups are delicious!
I took some guests to try the food for dinner and she was closed after lunch. If you want to stay in business you need to be open during meal hours. I haven't been back because I don't normally eat breakfast and lunch out.
Loretta

United States

#3 Apr 4, 2009
Dinner wrote:
<quoted text>
I took some guests to try the food for dinner and she was closed after lunch. If you want to stay in business you need to be open during meal hours. I haven't been back because I don't normally eat breakfast and lunch out.
Thanks for your feed back. It's very difficult for a "non-chain" restaurant to be open for all three meal services. Currently, Mary's is open every Thursday and Friday night.

Many people wonder why restaurants aren't open Sunday's and Monday's...It's all about the cost of keeping the doors open. A restaurant may try it (usually they do for a few weeks or months), but if enough customers don't come to pay the utilities and labor costs....it just doesn't make sense to be open.

Believe me....a privately owned restaurant doesn't want to alienate even one customer. Please give owners and managers your thoughts. They want to know how to improve.(Most of them anyway)
Tastie

Dawsonville, GA

#4 Apr 5, 2009
Please dont confuse maryanns grill with mary anns country kitchen in young harris.She is only closed on monday and has some of the best country cooking in this area.I was there friday night which is seafood night,had the best catfish I had ever ate.Prices are right too!!
Wesa

Demorest, GA

#5 Apr 5, 2009
Dinner wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many restaurants in our mountain region that are only open for breakfast and lunch, that is not uncommon.
Handy

Jefferson, GA

#6 Apr 9, 2009
Sounds good I may try it.
hmm good

Clarkesville, GA

#7 Apr 9, 2009
I agree - Mary's Southern Grill is one of the best places to eat here in town!!! The food is great, the service is great, and the prices are right. WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT??

And Mary is a doll !
Loretta

Franklin, NC

#8 Apr 9, 2009
hmm good wrote:
I agree - Mary's Southern Grill is one of the best places to eat here in town!!! The food is great, the service is great, and the prices are right. WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT??
And Mary is a doll !
Exactly! I just found out that Thursday nights, she'll be featuring not only Rib-eyes...also BBQ St Louis Ribs! She's now open Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

Easter Sunday she'll be open for breakfast.

I know I sound like a commercial but, when you find a great place, you just want to share!

Since: Mar 09

United States

#9 Apr 9, 2009
Loretta wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! I just found out that Thursday nights, she'll be featuring not only Rib-eyes...also BBQ St Louis Ribs! She's now open Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
Easter Sunday she'll be open for breakfast.
I know I sound like a commercial but, when you find a great place, you just want to share!
What is the location??? Visiting Hia. soon.
Loretta

Franklin, NC

#10 Apr 9, 2009
redvelvet3331 wrote:
<quoted text> What is the location??? Visiting Hia. soon.
At the intersection of hwy 76 and 69/17. Strip center with the green roof, right beside the Citgo station. Enjoy your stay in Hiawassee.
luv Mary Anns

AOL

#11 Apr 11, 2009
Dinner wrote:
<quoted text>
The place has been in business for a long time.
It would be wise if you adjusted your attitude about small town restaurants rather than demand places stay open or you won't go back. The restaurant and staff are the most accomodating and pleasant people. You must be one of those rude "outsiders" who left their manners in another state.
Mary by any other name

United States

#12 Apr 11, 2009
luv Mary Anns wrote:
<quoted text>
The place has been in business for a long time.
It would be wise if you adjusted your attitude about small town restaurants rather than demand places stay open or you won't go back. The restaurant and staff are the most accomodating and pleasant people. You must be one of those rude "outsiders" who left their manners in another state.
There is Mary's Southern Grill in Hiawassee and Mary Ann's Country Kitchen in Young Harris. This thread is about Mary's Southern Grill...not to take anything away from Mary Ann's in Young Harris.

I will say though...for Sausage Gravy....Mary's Southern Grill wins hands down!! Mary Ann's Country Kitchen has never learned to make sausage gravy...It tastes like water and raw flour. I have nothing else negative to say about Mary Ann's, but the truth is the truth.
TC Native

Dawsonville, GA

#13 Apr 23, 2009
I have got to say that I have tried Mary's Grill several times...I have to say that I was not impressed at all, they have completely went down hill since they first opened...The place was dead and it still took us thirty minutes to get some chicken strips...I have to say that I won't be back, because a bad experience everytime we go lately...But Mary Ann's in YH is a really great place to eat, a pleasant experience everytime!!!
julie cole

Jefferson, GA

#14 Aug 31, 2012
Tastie wrote:
Please dont confuse maryanns grill with mary anns country kitchen in young harris.She is only closed on monday and has some of the best country cooking in this area.I was there friday night which is seafood night,had the best catfish I had ever ate.Prices are right too!!
I just read that a privately owned restaurant does not want to loose one customer, well, tonight they just lost 6 loyal, weekly customers who were not only reprimanded for not eating the extra fish they ordered, but accussed of stealing them and then paraded the leftovers at the check out with a sign saying, don't order more than you can eat!!!!! SORRY! WE WILL NEVER BE BACK!]
lol

Toccoa, GA

#15 Sep 12, 2012
Wow! I dont believe this!
Joey

Toccoa, GA

#16 Sep 12, 2012
Loretta wrote:
Love it!
BretFavre

Franklin, NC

#17 Sep 16, 2012
Best place in 3 states to eat. Bar none!! And yes, several have been abusing the "all you can eat" specials!! I eat there regularly and have seen it with my own eyes. Always a few trying to ruin it for the masses.
DEIDRA

Cleveland, GA

#18 Oct 1, 2012
Great place to eat. stop in sometime
Retired

Hayesville, NC

#19 Oct 2, 2012
I have many times. Best food in the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiawassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Same-Sex Marriage: Thoughts, Views, Opinions? 9 hr dime 18
sheriff 2016 (Dec '14) 16 hr wearetheworld 331
some more global warming bs Fri Highlander 59
Towns Parks and Rec (Jan '15) Fri Local 10
Rachel Dolezal original wigger Jul 2 LOLZ 2
Wreck on Bell Creek on 6-21... Jul 2 Saddened 18
Exterior house painting->Any good local painters? Jul 2 angelbrownkat 15
More from around the web

Hiawassee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE