First Prev
of 6
Next Last
LOL

Young Harris, GA

#1 Jul 8, 2012
It appears as if Romney has off-shored more than just American jobs - he took his money over-seas too and hid it in secret accounts!

I wonder how he's going to try to spin out of this one.
LOL

Young Harris, GA

#2 Jul 8, 2012

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#3 Jul 10, 2012
Ron paul People have know this for 10 years , glad to see you catching up , PS Friday obama closed over a thousand small business across the country costing multiable thousands of job losses in favor of RJ renyolds.he has now denied chemical free, cheap tobacco to the American people!
Native

Young Harris, GA

#4 Jul 10, 2012
cal66iber wrote:
Ron paul People have know this for 10 years , glad to see you catching up , PS Friday obama closed over a thousand small business across the country costing multiable thousands of job losses in favor of RJ renyolds.he has now denied chemical free, cheap tobacco to the American people!
Proof of any of this (from a reputable source)?

Location hidden

#6 Jul 10, 2012
or Blairsville tobacco shop
Native

Young Harris, GA

#7 Jul 10, 2012
cal66iber wrote:
or Blairsville tobacco shop
You consider that to be a reputable source for all your wild accusations? Get real!

Location hidden

#8 Jul 10, 2012
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You consider that to be a reputable source for all your wild accusations? Get real!
call them . it says you live in Blairsville , it should be a free call. fact is, you dont care to find the truth. sorry tho you cant call ciggies for less because they have done locked the doors and filed bankrupt
Native

Young Harris, GA

#9 Jul 10, 2012
cal66iber wrote:
<quoted text> call them . it says you live in Blairsville , it should be a free call. fact is, you dont care to find the truth. sorry tho you cant call ciggies for less because they have done locked the doors and filed bankrupt
And from ONE business closing you conclude, "...PS Friday obama closed over a thousand small business across the country costing multiable thousands of job losses in favor of RJ renyolds.he has now denied chemical free, cheap tobacco to the American people!"

You surely must be a bluddering idiot!

Location hidden

#10 Jul 10, 2012
President Obama signed a $105 billion transportation bill on Friday, bringing to an end a three-year fight over road and transit spending.

The bill signing capped a day that began with an unemployment report showing the U.S. economy had added only 80,000 jobs in June, leaving the national unemployment rate unchanged at 8.2 percent.

WASHINGTON, D.C.-- A Senate-House conference committee last night approved legislation that would classify retailers who operate roll-your-own (RYO) cigarette machines as cigarette manufacturers. The provision is part of the bipartisan highway funding bill conference report HR 4348, which is expected to receive approval from both the Senate and the House of Representatives during its scheduled vote tomorrow. The current highway funding bill is set to expire June 30.

The conference report language is as follows:

SEC. 100122. ROLL-YOUR-OWN CIGARETTE MACHINES.(a) IN GENERAL -- Subsection (d) of section 5702 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by adding at the end the following new flush sentence:''Such term shall include any person who for commercial purposes makes available for consumer use (including such consumer's personal consumption or use under paragraph (1) a machine capable of making cigarettes, cigars, or other tobacco products. A person making such a machine available for consumer use shall be deemed the person making the removal as defined by subsection (j) with respect to any tobacco products manufactured by such machine. A person who sells a machine directly to a consumer at retail for a consumer's personal home use is not making a machine available for commercial purposes if such machine is not used at a retail premises and is designed to produce tobacco products only in personal use quantities.''

(b) EFFECTIVE DATE -- The amendment made by this section shall apply to articles removed after the date of the enactment of this Act.

Once classified as cigarette manufacturers, RYO retailers would have to seek all permits and pay all applicable taxes and bonding, according to media reports.

The use of RYO machines as a tax loophole that allows smokers to purchase cigarette paper and loose tobacco to roll their own cigarettes, but only pay tax on the paper and tobacco, has drawn concern from organizations such as NACS, the American Wholesale Marketers Association (AWMA), National Association of Tobacco Outlets, Petroleum Marketers Association of America, 7-Eleven Inc., Cumberland Farms, Kum & Go, Kwik Trip and Valero Retail Holdings

Location hidden

#11 Jul 10, 2012
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
And from ONE business closing you conclude, "...PS Friday obama closed over a thousand small business across the country costing multiable thousands of job losses in favor of RJ renyolds.he has now denied chemical free, cheap tobacco to the American people!"
how many tobacco stores do you think are in america? most if not all of these stores rely on their machines for customers , i personally know of six people in this area alone who are not working today because of this bill I know of 4 stores that are closed today. the nation wide reports are not it yet but it dosent take a rocket scientist to do the math .get a grip ,your Obama God Failed
Native

Young Harris, GA

#12 Jul 10, 2012
cal66iber wrote:
<quoted text>how many tobacco stores do you think are in america? most if not all of these stores rely on their machines for customers , i personally know of six people in this area alone who are not working today because of this bill I know of 4 stores that are closed today. the nation wide reports are not it yet but it dosent take a rocket scientist to do the math .get a grip ,your Obama God Failed
You really should learn to read and stop your bull-shiting. "...A person who sells a machine directly to a consumer at retail for a consumer's personal home use is not making a machine available for commercial purposes if such machine is [READ HERE] not used at a retail premises and is designed to produce tobacco products only in personal use quantities...."

Tops machines sell for around $40, plus sales tax. The commercial kind, which the bill is going after, is around $400 +/-. A lot of smoke shops offer the use of theirs for customers to roll their own, on the premises, thereby avoiding paying the tax (the stamps). Other shops have been batch rolling cartons at a time and keep it in inventory. The fairness of that can be argued both ways.

The store in Blairsville was once located in Hiawassee (where Taste of Chicago was) but was unable to make it. My guess is the same thing happened in Blairsville. I bought my machine from them several years ago but I get my tobacco and tubes from Ingles because it's considerably cheaper to do so.

Your "claims" of six people out of work and four stores that are closed because of this law (which hasn't gone into effect), is another crock of your made-up crapola!

Location hidden

#13 Jul 10, 2012
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should learn to read and stop your bull-shiting. "...A person who sells a machine directly to a consumer at retail for a consumer's personal home use is not making a machine available for commercial purposes if such machine is [READ HERE] not used at a retail premises and is designed to produce tobacco products only in personal use quantities...."
Tops machines sell for around $40, plus sales tax. The commercial kind, which the bill is going after, is around $400 +/-. A lot of smoke shops offer the use of theirs for customers to roll their own, on the premises, thereby avoiding paying the tax (the stamps). Other shops have been batch rolling cartons at a time and keep it in inventory. The fairness of that can be argued both ways.
The store in Blairsville was once located in Hiawassee (where Taste of Chicago was) but was unable to make it. My guess is the same thing happened in Blairsville. I bought my machine from them several years ago but I get my tobacco and tubes from Ingles because it's considerably cheaper to do so.
Your "claims" of six people out of work and four stores that are closed because of this law (which hasn't gone into effect), is another crock of your made-up crapola!
oh really , i was in at murphy yesterday and all their machines were wrapped in paper, all 5 of them .not in effect ? it became law when obama signed it , the owner of puff n stuff said he now faced a 10,000 dollar fine for his machine use. the owner of firebrand in athens tn closed today and laid off all of their employees (6) I dont call a machine that has a cap of 8 oz /200 smokes over personal use quantities nor is it commercial until the users of the machine make profit by selling smokes rolled on it ,these businesses depended on those machines and you can not buy smokes there that they have rolled for you on the machines. bottom line is Obama Killed the bussiness nation wide .suck it up !

Location hidden

#14 Jul 10, 2012
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
crapola is hiding law like this in a highway bill , I guess the big O didnt bother to read it even tho the white house was flooded with mail asking him to line item veto that section from people across the nation for the last four months , but then again he can afford to smoke anything he wants and has , and since when did he care about the people he serves ,LOL, Rj proabbly gave him liftime smokes for signing it and a big ole campaign contribution that they could write off ;) I lost no love foryour boy obama because i didnt have any for him to begin with !
Native

Young Harris, GA

#15 Jul 10, 2012
cal66iber wrote:
<quoted text>crapola is hiding law like this in a highway bill , I guess the big O didnt bother to read it even tho the white house was flooded with mail asking him to line item veto that section from people across the nation for the last four months , but then again he can afford to smoke anything he wants and has , and since when did he care about the people he serves ,LOL, Rj proabbly gave him liftime smokes for signing it and a big ole campaign contribution that they could write off ;) I lost no love foryour boy obama because i didnt have any for him to begin with !
So what? The beginning of the Interstate Highway systems was with a defense appropriations bill (under Eisenhower).
cleveland brown

United States

#16 Jul 10, 2012
Yohoo!!
Ciggy 4 less has shut their doors at the Young Harris junction. Puff and stuff in Murphy has shut down their RYO Machines. I personally read the letters from the RYO letter head that the machines had to stop as of Friday. Las Vegas and Chicago both had newspaper articles about the local job loses. Research was done before posting did you do any? Who is the idiot bluddering now!
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
cleveland brown

United States

#17 Jul 10, 2012
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? The beginning of the Interstate Highway systems was with a defense appropriations bill (under Eisenhower).
Caliber posted a lnk but as usual the comments jump from 4 to 6. I guess someone didn't like the link to real news in #5.
cleveland brown

United States

#18 Jul 10, 2012
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You response of so what proves you really don't care what our government does to us. One day soon when you are told that an underhanded law was passed that forbids you from getting health care because of your age will you still say so what it is like Ike and the interstate system. You are proving your idiot status with each comment.

Location hidden

#20 Jul 10, 2012
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
so two wrongs do make a right ! got it ! ;)
offbeat

Young Harris, GA

#21 Jul 11, 2012
cleveland brown wrote:
<quoted text>
Caliber posted a lnk but as usual the comments jump from 4 to 6. I guess someone didn't like the link to real news in #5.
You noticed that too.
offbeat

Young Harris, GA

#22 Jul 11, 2012
cal66iber wrote:
<quoted text>so two wrongs do make a right ! got it ! ;)
They're called "riders." Rare is there a stand-alone bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiawassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many Dollar General Stores does one town need? 2 hr We Need Tourist 22
Sheriff's Departments Rumors 2 hr Tree stand 2
Fannin County news regarding Mr. Stookey 2 hr Wee wee 21
Change 2 hr Underwater 84
Aarons Auto Care Center in Hiawassee 3 hr My turn 35
Linda Curtis for Sheriff 14 hr Advice 790
Fighter Jets Over Hiawassee? Thu Zoom 30

Hiawassee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance