Towns County Schools
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Paperboy

Fitzgerald, GA

#1 Apr 13, 2010
Did you read where the High School has failed a state qualification and now they have to fire about half the teachers and all the administrators? It is in the Tribune this week. I say that should have been done ten years ago. Let old Elvis become a performer. He damned sure is not an administrator. We need some intelligent people to run for School Board. Throw the bunch of spineless dummies we have in there out. Time to take our schools back. Great Job Becky. FInally we have a real paper
Parent

Fitzgerald, GA

#2 Apr 14, 2010
Paperboy wrote:
Did you read where the High School has failed a state qualification and now they have to fire about half the teachers and all the administrators? It is in the Tribune this week. I say that should have been done ten years ago. Let old Elvis become a performer. He damned sure is not an administrator. We need some intelligent people to run for School Board. Throw the bunch of spineless dummies we have in there out. Time to take our schools back. Great Job Becky. FInally we have a real paper
I have been writing on here for two years about how bad things are at the School. Finally the Government has stepped in and they agree. It is pitiful. I think it is great that the Tribune printed the story. The School Nazi's can't have that removed. When they fire the Principle I hope they fire Dr. Dick too. He has succeeded in his goal of having the best Special Ed program in the Nation. Now all our kids learn at the Special Ed level.
I sent a prayer request in for our School Board to do the right thing. I hope all of you will do the same and pray for strength for them to make a tough decision for our children.
taxpayer

Dahlonega, GA

#3 Apr 14, 2010
It is about time something was done about the TCS and all the money that is wasted for huge salaries given to relatives! People are hired just for the good insurance and they have a family member who teaches. Becky; you go girl! Parent; you are so correct! IT STARTS AT THE TOP.
Hightower

AOL

#4 Apr 14, 2010
They say an addict needs to hit bottom before they can get better. I would say our School has hit bottom. The current Administration has been addicted to spending our tax dollars on programs and personnel that do not work. Now the world knows what local parents and students have known for years. Our school system is broken. If the School Board will not remove the current administration as called for to obtain the Federal funds to start fixing the problem, I have been assured the Governor will step in and remove the board members for Malfeasance of office. That is how serious they are about this mess in Towns County Schools.
Every business owner, every person trying to sell property, everybody who owns Real Estate and the Chamber of Commerce should be calling the School Board members demanding action. Having one of the worst schools in the Nation has and will continue to drive property values down. No business would consider moving here because they are not going to subject their employee's children to a poor education. The Internet and the work at home jobs it creates allows people to live anywhere. They choose areas with low crime and good schools to raise their families in. Those people could bring money to the area that would help stabilize our local economy. They are the future of rural America. They are and will continue to avoid Towns County like the plague because of our School System.
The School Board have put themselves in a difficult position. If they do nothing they will be removed by the Governor or for sure by the voters next fall when three seats come up for election. If they refuse to fire the Administration and half the staff, millions in federal money will be lost and the local taxpayers will see their taxes rise to offset those funds. If the Board cleans house they will be forced to fire many friends, family members and other unqualified people they have hired over the past thirty years who have gotten our schools into the condition they currently are. The fix is going to be painful and I doubt the current board has the stomach for it. I have been told a couple of the Board Members are in denial that a problem even exists. The Board knows if they fire the Administration those people are done in the education field. No School System would hire someone who lead their previous school to the bottom of the list. Time will tell if the current School Board wants to do the right thing for the community or do what is best for themselves. They can be remembered for being part of creating one of the best schools in the Southeast or they can be remembered as being the ones removed from office for abusing hundreds of children and leading a whole community toward economic collapse.
If the Superintendent, Principle, and poor teachers have an ounce of integrity they will resign. If they entered the profession of education with the intent of doing what is right and best for our children they will resign. If they refuse to resign then it is the School Boards duty to remove them. Simple as that.
When it comes to the current Superintendent Richard Behrens, to use a line from Ted Turner, WE COULD HAVE FINISHED LAST WITHOUT YOU.

“0 0' 00"”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#5 Apr 14, 2010
Hightower wrote:
They say an addict needs to hit bottom before they can get better. I would say our School has hit bottom. The current Administration has been addicted to spending our tax dollars on programs and personnel that do not work. Now the world knows what local parents and students have known for years. Our school system is broken. If the School Board will not remove the current administration as called for to obtain the Federal funds to start fixing the problem, I have been assured the Governor will step in and remove the board members for Malfeasance of office. That is how serious they are about this mess in Towns County Schools.
Every business owner, every person trying to sell property, everybody who owns Real Estate and the Chamber of Commerce should be calling the School Board members demanding action. Having one of the worst schools in the Nation has and will continue to drive property values down. No business would consider moving here because they are not going to subject their employee's children to a poor education. The Internet and the work at home jobs it creates allows people to live anywhere. They choose areas with low crime and good schools to raise their families in. Those people could bring money to the area that would help stabilize our local economy. They are the future of rural America. They are and will continue to avoid Towns County like the plague because of our School System.
The School Board have put themselves in a difficult position. If they do nothing they will be removed by the Governor or for sure by the voters next fall when three seats come up for election. If they refuse to fire the Administration and half the staff, millions in federal money will be lost and the local taxpayers will see their taxes rise to offset those funds. If the Board cleans house they will be forced to fire many friends, family members and other unqualified people they have hired over the past thirty years who have gotten our schools into the condition they currently are. The fix is going to be painful and I doubt the current board has the stomach for it. I have been told a couple of the Board Members are in denial that a problem even exists. The Board knows if they fire the Administration those people are done in the education field. No School System would hire someone who lead their previous school to the bottom of the list. Time will tell if the current School Board wants to do the right thing for the community or do what is best for themselves. They can be remembered for being part of creating one of the best schools in the Southeast or they can be remembered as being the ones removed from office for abusing hundreds of children and leading a whole community toward economic collapse.
If the Superintendent, Principle, and poor teachers have an ounce of integrity they will resign. If they entered the profession of education with the intent of doing what is right and best for our children they will resign. If they refuse to resign then it is the School Boards duty to remove them. Simple as that.
When it comes to the current Superintendent Richard Behrens, to use a line from Ted Turner, WE COULD HAVE FINISHED LAST WITHOUT YOU.

An excellent, well-written and informative op-ed. I suggest you send a copy to Beck to run as a Letter To The Editor. She can withhold your identity, so long as she knows who you are, so she can protect herself and the paper, should it ever come to that.

Again, an excellent job that the community can benefit from. Thank you.

“0 0' 00"”

Location hidden

#6 Apr 14, 2010
That's "Becky," Becky Landress. Sorry about that.
Owl Creek

Dawsonville, GA

#7 Apr 14, 2010
Hightower wrote:
You are so right. I hope this makes them do something. Thank you Becky for writing the story.
Owl Creek

Dawsonville, GA

#8 Apr 14, 2010
Inglenook wrote:
<quoted text>
An excellent, well-written and informative op-ed. I suggest you send a copy to Beck to run as a Letter To The Editor. She can withhold your identity, so long as she knows who you are, so she can protect herself and the paper, should it ever come to that.
Again, an excellent job that the community can benefit from. Thank you.
I copied th post and saved it. I will repost it when the School Nazi's have this thread removed. I bet there are a few School Board members walking around looking at their feet today. Not a lot of eye contact from them until they quit or fix our schools.

“0 0' 00"”

Location hidden

#9 Apr 14, 2010
Owl Creek wrote:
<quoted text> I copied th post and saved it. I will repost it when the School Nazi's have this thread removed. I bet there are a few School Board members walking around looking at their feet today. Not a lot of eye contact from them until they quit or fix our schools.
Good thinking. It's past time we become pro-active and push back.
TCMOM

Fitzgerald, GA

#10 Apr 14, 2010
Inglenook wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thinking. It's past time we become pro-active and push back.
Looking at some of the Judging of the posts I would say the School Board or some of their idiot hires are reading Topix today. Great Story Becky. I bet the other papers won't touch it. That is why we have the fools we have today on the School Board. The general public doesn't know the truth. Everytime they get a passing test score they run it up the flag pole and say look at us. Until today we didn't know the rest of the stort.
Come on Donna I know you are a good person. Do the right thing.
TC-DAD

Carrollton, GA

#11 Apr 14, 2010
I wonder if Towns County will apply for the money or if they will just simply deny...deny...deny.
False prophets

Greer, SC

#12 Apr 14, 2010
yea look at all of the waisted education in here. I would vote 4 all of you. I have never seen a group that can express themselves so well. So I'm going to call the Gov. and tell him that this is the smartest class of pre-K and special ed. students that I have ever seen. Stars and smiley faces to you all and keep it up you will be able to take off you safety helmets soon. Remember don't talk to strangers and stop that you will go blind.

“0 0' 00"”

Location hidden

#13 Apr 14, 2010
TC-DAD wrote:
I wonder if Towns County will apply for the money or if they will just simply deny...deny...deny.
They'll probably find a way around the rules and the state will let 'em. But, the way I read it, if the money is accepted, the principal is history in two of the four options. It'll be interesting to see what they do.
Waisted

Hiawassee, GA

#14 Apr 14, 2010
False prophets wrote:
yea look at all of the waisted education in here. I would vote 4 all of you. I have never seen a group that can express themselves so well. So I'm going to call the Gov. and tell him that this is the smartest class of pre-K and special ed. students that I have ever seen. Stars and smiley faces to you all and keep it up you will be able to take off you safety helmets soon. Remember don't talk to strangers and stop that you will go blind.
"Waisted" again, Windbag? How stupid are you, really? What a waste.
TC-DAD

Carrollton, GA

#15 Apr 14, 2010
Inglenook wrote:
<quoted text>
They'll probably find a way around the rules and the state will let 'em. But, the way I read it, if the money is accepted, the principal is history in two of the four options. It'll be interesting to see what they do.
Time to see where the BOE's stands. I sure hope it is on the side of our kids education.
False prophets

Greer, SC

#16 Apr 14, 2010
Waisted wrote:
<quoted text>
"Waisted" again, Windbag? How stupid are you, really? What a waste.
That is what i said.
Would you like to take another guess
TCMOM

Fitzgerald, GA

#17 Apr 14, 2010
TC-DAD wrote:
I called the Georgia Department of Education and was told they are monitoring the situation. They said there have been several inquires today about Towns County Schools. I have a call in to the Governors office. They said someone would call me back this afternoon. They recommended I call the Department of Education. This is not going away.
Stan-N-Kyle

Greer, SC

#18 Apr 14, 2010
Crab people
Stan-N-Kyle

Greer, SC

#19 Apr 14, 2010
TCMOM wrote:
<quoted text> I called the Georgia Department of Education and was told they are monitoring the situation. They said there have been several inquires today about Towns County Schools. I have a call in to the Governors office. They said someone would call me back this afternoon. They recommended I call the Department of Education. This is not going away.

I hope topix don't go away then where would we go to bitch and eat cheetohs. Face Book.
leopard

United States

#21 Apr 14, 2010
with the banks broke the schools broke, just close the whole county gov.
trash everything, start over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiawassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Be aware of thomas tire (Jul '13) 19 min MMA FIGHTER 34
Former Resident and Pharmacist 25 min MMA FIGHTER 8
High School Senior Superlatives 31 min MMA FIGHTER 2
Where's Timmy ? 1 hr Ronald McDonald 15
Places for rent. 5 hr Juan 15
NGN lied in article 9 hr Pumpkin 26
Huddle House Wed True 3

Hiawassee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance