First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Angry In Hiawassee

Bogart, GA

#1 Aug 29, 2009
Just a note to the local citizans of Hiawassee, Ga and surrounding areas. There is a resturant here in town, Huddle House, that is owned by Jay Harrell Enterprises. There are many things that is not known about the man that owns this company. One he is a grimy bastard that hires and fires employees for no reason. You can go in and work your tail off for the man and the next thing you know you are written off of the schedule. He does not want everyone to know, that he smokes crack on a regular basis. So much so that when you go to cash your pay check at the end of the week, there is no money in the account, because Jay has taken ALL the money out of the account to support his habit. Not only that he is unfair in his employment, due to the fact that no employee is able to have breaks of any kind. And if you are a male employee WATCH OUT! He will make crude sexual advances towards you and if you refuse, guess what, you are fired. This man is out of control. But as most of you know this town is filled with the Hypocritical Christians, just as Jay himself is. He will preach the bible while picking up the crack pipe. No employee at this resturant has been tested for TB, which is something that is supposed to be done in the first 30 days of employment. He serves meat that has had the mold knocked off of it. Rotten. There are many things in this store that are sold to innocent customers that come off of the truck either already spoiled, opened or things that have just been left in the cooler. So the next time you go in there to have a meal, just remember to look at your food, and the person that is cooking your meal. The person that is cooking the food is half to blame. The few people that you were able to trust that were cooks, are no longer employed there. Also, watch your walltes and purses. There is always money going missing in this resturant. Jay also steals from the register and the safe, just to pin it on someone that has worked a full shift and tried to be a good employee. JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS, I WAS NEVER AN EMPLOYEE OF THIS RESTURANT, I JUST KNOW MANY PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED THERE, AND AM JUST SICK TO DEATH OF JAY HARRELL AND HIS HIGH AND MIGHTY WAYS. THERE HAVE BEEN SO MANY PEOPLE 'LET GO' FOR NO REASON. IT IS A SHAME THAT YOU CAN NOT TRUST YOUR EMPLOYER TO BACK YOU AS AN EMPLOYEE. AND US AS LOCALS SHOULD NOT SUPPORT A BUSINESS LIKE THIS. THERE ARE OTHER GOOD FAMILY BUSINESSES THAT WE SHOULD SUPPORT. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ MY POST!
Yep

Dawsonville, GA

#2 Aug 29, 2009
sounds like ole Jay touched your bottom.... And from your post you must not have liked it.
Angry In Hiawassee

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Aug 30, 2009
No, it was not mine he touched, I am a female. I have been there when this has happened. Too bad more people are not more observant...he likes doin the nasty with men.
TCH Girlz

Young Harris, GA

#4 Sep 10, 2009
Angry In Hiawassee wrote:
No, it was not mine he touched, I am a female. I have been there when this has happened. Too bad more people are not more observant...he likes doin the nasty with men.
This is repulsive and perhaps the local yocal law enforcement should do there job and take some action instead of sleeping in the car wash all night and sitting at the circle k hitting on the young women who work there, aka louis baxter. Start serving the people thats what your paid for! Help keep trash like this man from our town !
jestreadinthisst uff

Young Harris, GA

#5 Sep 11, 2009
Just a note to the local citizans of Hiawassee, Ga and surrounding areas. There is a resturant here in town, Huddle House, that is owned by Jay Harrell Enterprises. There are many things that is not known about the man that owns this company. One he is a grimy bastard!
Geeeezzzz. Say how you really feel.
I agree on the quality of the food prepared there. It seems ludicrous that three at the same table, at the same, table send eggs back that you could see through and get three more plates of eggs back just like them. It ainít that difficult to cook eggs correctly especially the second time around. He also has the store in Helen and I believe the one now closed in Blairsville was his.
jestreadinthisst uff

Young Harris, GA

#6 Sep 11, 2009
Just a note to the local citizans of Hiawassee, Ga and surrounding areas. There is a resturant here in town, Huddle House, that is owned by Jay Harrell Enterprises. There are many things that is not known about the man that owns this company. One he is a grimy bastard!
I agree on the quality of the food prepared there. It seems ludicrous that three at the same table, at the same time send eggs back that you could see through and get three more plates of eggs back just like them. It ainít that difficult to cook eggs correctly especially the second time around. He also has the store in Helen and I believe the one now closed in Blairsville was his.

“Let there be peace on earth”

Since: May 09

United States

#7 Sep 11, 2009
jestreadinthisstuff wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree on the quality of the food prepared there. It seems ludicrous that three at the same table, at the same time send eggs back that you could see through and get three more plates of eggs back just like them. It ainít that difficult to cook eggs correctly especially the second time around. He also has the store in Helen and I believe the one now closed in Blairsville was his.
Hello friend. You don't usually post, so when you do, I take notice. Mary and I had the same experience in Hayesville. They just aren't particular about who they hire. And these are the people they make managers! I believe you and I have discussed GMR too. Perhaps I should start cooking breakfast? I'll see you soon and give you may recommendation for breakfast. It's good every time!
bear meat

Cleveland, GA

#8 Sep 12, 2009
wasnt this GH campane headquarters?

lawdog dont go round her, savvy
towns county

Jefferson, GA

#9 Sep 14, 2009
Just a note to the local citizans of Hiawassee, Ga and surrounding areas. There is a resturant here in town, Huddle House, that is owned by Jay Harrell Enterprises. There are many things that is not known about the man that owns this company. One he is a grimy bastard that hires and fires employees for no reason. You can go in and work your tail off for the man and the next thing you know you are written off of the schedule. He does not want everyone to know, that he smokes crack on a regular basis. So much so that when you go to cash your pay check at the end of the week, there is no money in the account, because Jay has taken ALL the money out of the account to support his habit. Not only that he is unfair in his employment, due to the fact that no employee is able to have breaks of any kind. And if you are a male employee WATCH OUT! He will make crude sexual advances towards you and if you refuse, guess what, you are fired. This man is out of control. But as most of you know this town is filled with the Hypocritical Christians, just as Jay himself is. He will preach the bible while picking up the crack pipe. No employee at this resturant has been tested for TB, which is something that is supposed to be done in the first 30 days of employment. He serves meat that has had the mold knocked off of it. Rotten. There are many things in this store that are sold to innocent customers that come off of the truck either already spoiled, opened or things that have just been left in the cooler. So the next time you go in there to have a meal, just remember to look at your food, and the person that is cooking your meal. The person that is cooking the food is half to blame. The few people that you were able to trust that were cooks, are no longer employed there. Also, watch your walltes and purses. There is always money going missing in this resturant. Jay also steals from the register and the safe, just to pin it on someone that has worked a full shift and tried to be a good employee. JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS, I WAS NEVER AN EMPLOYEE OF THIS RESTURANT, I JUST KNOW MANY PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED THERE, AND AM JUST SICK TO DEATH OF JAY HARRELL AND HIS HIGH AND MIGHTY WAYS. THERE HAVE BEEN SO MANY PEOPLE 'LET GO' FOR NO REASON. IT IS A SHAME THAT YOU CAN NOT TRUST YOUR EMPLOYER TO BACK YOU AS AN EMPLOYEE. AND US AS LOCALS SHOULD NOT SUPPORT A BUSINESS LIKE THIS. THERE ARE OTHER GOOD FAMILY BUSINESSES THAT WE SHOULD SUPPORT. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ MY POST!
just a note to let everyone know!! this person that wrote this is soooo true! JAY HARELL is GAY and he fires for no reason at all!!! he has let go the best employees that have worked there forever! he has people in there that have shit all over there teeth that aren't clean and dont wash there hands after they use the bathroom! he got a low scrore on his health department score and had to call tony berrong to come back out and re score him after he had the place cleaned up! when he is not on his crack he goes crazy on the emplyees! he has no reason for firing half of the employees he has!! he just writes them off the schedule! and there is always money missing!! hmmm....wonder if its for his crack habit or his fag habit!!??? he is a loser that thinks he knows the bible!!! who wants to support this restaurant i thought this town wanted this place to be drug free!!??? obviously not if you are going out there and supporting his crack habits! if it wasnt for us citizens how would he get his next hit of crack!!?? lets get real people you have so many more restaurants that would apprecitate your support to raise there familes not to raise money for there crack habit!!
5 of us was fired maonday

Dawsonville, GA

#10 Sep 25, 2009
Well, where do i start? Although I was written off for no reason.... I wish i had my job back! I love working with the public and i got to know alot of the regulars that come in. You know even the regulars know how Jay is and eventually the hiawassee huddle house will be closed down, just like the one in blairsville. As much as i would like to have my job back... I am scared of going back, because I'll just fired in another 6 months. Where's the job security in that? You people that have families and depend on their paychecks to get through these hard times DO NOT need to get a job at Huddle House of Hiawassee, because you will never know when it's going to be your last!!!!!!!!!!
life is short

Commerce, GA

#11 Sep 26, 2009
I cant believe that you guys are using names like you are....you know a person could if they so wanted to --get a lawyer and sue you for destroying their name...... I do know Jay and I only know him as a good person.... we all have problems and I believe we should worry about our own before we go judging someone elses problems.......
unbelievable

Jefferson, GA

#12 Oct 2, 2009
I don't know anything about the manager. I do know that since they fired that little dark haired fella, who could cook like nobody's business, you cannot depend on any kind of consistency with the food - the last time was so bad, and took so long, that I doubt we'll be back. Too bad. Liked eating there.
he is crazy

Dawsonville, GA

#13 Oct 8, 2009
he fired me because it seme as if i worked fo my children and not for him! ha ha what a joke!!go ahead let him get a lwayer cause im working on one right now! you know its against the law to fire someone for lack of work and then have the replacement the day he fired you for lack of work!! ya ok so let him keep firing people! he will be shut down soon! i worked there for 5 years for his son evan and never once had a problem! then i go to work for jay and it seems that his crack is getting in the way of running a real business! he has so much of a turn over locals will soon realize that he does have a problem and why would they want to support his habit!!?? o and ya when he fisrt hired me he made me sin a handwritten paper that his manager wrote saying i wasn't pregnant!! can we say discrimination!! lol ya theres a lwasuit right!!??? i loved my job at the huddle house but you cant depend on raising your family working for jay harrell!!!
justfired

Jefferson, GA

#14 Sep 14, 2010
life is short wrote:
I cant believe that you guys are using names like you are....you know a person could if they so wanted to --get a lawyer and sue you for destroying their name...... I do know Jay and I only know him as a good person.... we all have problems and I believe we should worry about our own before we go judging someone elses problems.......
the bad thing is apparently you must not know Jay Harrell
justfired

Jefferson, GA

#15 Sep 14, 2010
he is crazy wrote:
he fired me because it seme as if i worked fo my children and not for him! ha ha what a joke!!go ahead let him get a lwayer cause im working on one right now! you know its against the law to fire someone for lack of work and then have the replacement the day he fired you for lack of work!! ya ok so let him keep firing people! he will be shut down soon! i worked there for 5 years for his son evan and never once had a problem! then i go to work for jay and it seems that his crack is getting in the way of running a real business! he has so much of a turn over locals will soon realize that he does have a problem and why would they want to support his habit!!?? o and ya when he fisrt hired me he made me sin a handwritten paper that his manager wrote saying i wasn't pregnant!! can we say discrimination!! lol ya theres a lwasuit right!!??? i loved my job at the huddle house but you cant depend on raising your family working for jay harrell!!!
So true you cant depend on your job at hiawassee huddle exspecially if you do your job, and everything that everyone has said about Jay Harrell has been true ,,,, thats why he is were he is today...
mistreated

Jefferson, GA

#16 Sep 14, 2010
This is so true every thing that has been wrote about this man, he is rotten to the core, and crack smoking is not the half of his problems among being a paranoid skitso,along hiding behind his bible,, Lets not forget his poor moma to get him out of every thing, but unfourtantly this time she was not able thats why he is sitting in hall county jail right now for his addiction to crack cocaine. He is paying for all the things he has done to people right now and he is in a very miserable state and still trying to ruien everyones life along with his. I am glad at least i can say i did my job and i have no conflict in my heart cause i know i worked my tail off and did my job.
bonkersguy

Atlanta, GA

#17 Sep 14, 2010
Funny that I got lambasted the last couple of weeks on 2 other threads about this counties drug problems and poor restaurants...Instead of saying I told ya so I will merely say we can do better.
bored

Dawsonville, GA

#18 Sep 14, 2010
bonkersguy wrote:
Funny that I got lambasted the last couple of weeks on 2 other threads about this counties drug problems and poor restaurants...Instead of saying I told ya so I will merely say we can do better.
it could get better just dont go in there after a football game cause you not get waited on 1 girl was running her legs off the other one was being cashier dishes was all over the counter and this guy was walking around like his stuff didn't stink while the dishes were over the counter I think someone called the Health department cause that was just wrong
bonkersguy

Atlanta, GA

#19 Sep 14, 2010
bored wrote:
<quoted text>it could get better just dont go in there after a football game cause you not get waited on 1 girl was running her legs off the other one was being cashier dishes was all over the counter and this guy was walking around like his stuff didn't stink while the dishes were over the counter I think someone called the Health department cause that was just wrong
Thanks for reminding me I was crucified for not supporting Towns County High Football. You tied that in nicely for me Thank You.
VoteYES

Murphy, NC

#20 Sep 16, 2010
bored wrote:
<quoted text>it could get better just dont go in there after a football game cause you not get waited on 1 girl was running her legs off the other one was being cashier dishes was all over the counter and this guy was walking around like his stuff didn't stink while the dishes were over the counter I think someone called the Health department cause that was just wrong
I had the same experience a couple of weeks ago, although it was not after a ball game, it was on a Thursday night. My wife and I went in and sat down at the only clean table there was. There was one girl working her buns off. This other guy (I assume to be the owner), was just walking around talking to customers. We sat there for over 25 minutes and we have not been waited on yet! Nobody even acknowledged our existence! They did not say, hello, goodbye or kma! We finally got up and left(I rarely do this at restaurants). I will never, ever step foot in there again unless there is new management. I do however, really like their food.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiawassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
next to Rite Aid 17 min interesting 9
why no comment from sherriff on Old Union wreck? 2 hr The WindBag 2
Planes flying too low (Sep '13) 9 hr Interesting 22
Commissioner Bradshaw photo 11 hr Andrea the Giant 32
three new eateries Mon are 9
Beautiful German Shepherd Pups For Sale Sun Prophetess4Jesus 1
gas Sat MMA FIGHTER 6

Hiawassee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance