Mommyof5

Commerce, GA

#1 Sep 20, 2012
How often will U see a bear around ur house Our neighbors had one on their porch One night took out the bird feeders and 2 nights ago OMG It was in my yard it was HUGE and I have kids wht if he comes back ? If i call Wildlife peeps would they trap him take him else where ?
Momof5

Dahlonega, GA

#2 Sep 20, 2012
Try putting moth balls around the outside of your house. They seem to hate the smell. Put away bird feeders or any other types of food outside that might attract them.
BOOHOOO

Jefferson, GA

#3 Sep 20, 2012
try buying a gun..
Mommyof5

Jefferson, GA

#4 Sep 20, 2012
ummm boohooo U cant just shoot a bear and 2 i have 5 guns ! Im not goin to jail to kill a bear tht hasnt harmed anyone dork lol
cooter

Jefferson, GA

#5 Sep 20, 2012
sure you can shoot a bear in season..
bear hunter

Cleveland, GA

#6 Sep 20, 2012
give it a few more days and it will b gone back up in the mountains to eat acorns they r starting to fall way back in
Mommyof5

Jefferson, GA

#7 Sep 21, 2012
Cooter Don't u have to have a license? Plus all I shoot is Skeet lol

And Bear Hunter: I sure hope so ! I don't like seeing it round my house else where IDC lol
common sense

Jefferson, GA

#8 Sep 21, 2012
Mommyof5 wrote:
How often will U see a bear around ur house Our neighbors had one on their porch One night took out the bird feeders and 2 nights ago OMG It was in my yard it was HUGE and I have kids wht if he comes back ? If i call Wildlife peeps would they trap him take him else where ?
Take the birdfeeders down and put them in at night. Don't leave garbage out and they will not come around. Nobody is going to do anything about bears when you are feeding them. The chances of you getting attacked by a black bear is about the same as getting hit by lightning twice in the same spot. Your odds soar if you keep feeding them, they are just hungry and they love bird seed and garbage. Living with bears around is not a problem is you just use a "little" common sense.
jail

Jefferson, GA

#9 Sep 21, 2012
Mommyof5 wrote:
Cooter Don't u have to have a license? Plus all I shoot is Skeet lol
And Bear Hunter: I sure hope so ! I don't like seeing it round my house else where IDC lol
You better make sure the bear is in season and you have a permit to shoot one. Otherwise you must eat it all, don't leave a sign, eat bones and fur. Don't tell a soul, or you will go to jail, and you deserve to.
Mommyof5

Jefferson, GA

#10 Sep 21, 2012
LOL Im not shootin Nothin Period and I dont feed the things I know better U got ur older neighbors tht throw out corn for deers and they feed the birds ... Just wished they would read these to learn a little somethin Ugh !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiawassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hiawassee PD 19 hr Question 9
Opioid epidemic Thu Fud 5
Muslim in Blairsville Thu dgd748 38
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) Thu dgd748 464
Current issues on sheriff Thu Opinion 72
Floridees Wed Timmy is a homer ... 4
Need a roof repair (Oct '08) Wed Judy 27

Hiawassee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance