Comments
1 - 20 of 107 Comments Last updated Nov 6, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Boots3

Demorest, GA

#1 Jan 19, 2013
Has anybody heard anything about this store?Where is it located in Hiawassee?
Regional

Blairsville, GA

#2 Jan 19, 2013
Another second hand store opened up next to Total Auto Parts. How many does that make here now?
Freak Boy

Dahlonega, GA

#3 Jan 19, 2013
Boots3 wrote:
Is the former stripper woman opening that one?

Blairsville, GA

#4 Jan 19, 2013
Freak Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the former stripper woman opening that one?
Hot damn! I'll be there when she opens the doors on Monday! Maybe she could teach pole and lap dancing too.
Boots3

Demorest, GA

#5 Jan 19, 2013
The Mega Thrift store is open somewhere in Hiawassee.That's what I heard.Some folk NOT Happy about them!

Blairsville, GA

#6 Jan 19, 2013
Considering how many second hand stores there are here already, that's not surprising. And if she's reasonably attractive, it's really not surprising.
Ace

Dawsonville, GA

#8 Jan 19, 2013
The people that own this place are good folks! No wonder no businesses can make it around here! You people cant stop bad mouthing them! I went in there this afternoon and bought a space heater and they had some other decent stuff at decent prices.
Local Pet Owner

Commerce, GA

#10 Jan 19, 2013
Ace wrote:
The people that own this place are good folks! No wonder no businesses can make it around here! You people cant stop bad mouthing them! I went in there this afternoon and bought a space heater and they had some other decent stuff at decent prices.
Just WHERE in the HELL is it at, I would like to check it out, Quit all the SEWER mouthing...
ohboy

Dawsonville, GA

#11 Jan 20, 2013
Oh boy! Just what this town needs! Another thrift store because we didn't have enough of them already!

Helen has their Bavarian theme. Maybe Hiawassee can go with a thrift store/secondhand store theme. It seems to be the only niche the town has found.
GBeck

France

#12 Jan 21, 2013
The influx of second hand stores is a direct indication of a dying community.These people do not usually report accurate income for taxation.Often,hire people,pay them cash so it will not effect their ability to receive DISABILITY benefits or Un-Employment benefits!....They make their living off of the"TAXPAYERS".....D O NOT PATRONIZE these establishments!
What

United States

#13 Jan 21, 2013
Do they hire convictef felons?
Interview

Blairsville, GA

#14 Jan 22, 2013
GBeck wrote:
The influx of second hand stores is a direct indication of a dying community.
Correct. Somebody needs to wake up Kendall and tell him the good news.
Boots3

Dawsonville, GA

#15 Jan 22, 2013
Don't forget all the PAWN Shops.
get a lawyer

Winter Haven, FL

#16 Jan 22, 2013
Ace wrote:
The folks at the thrift store should get a good lawyer and go after the person who made that comment for every dime they have. Probably only have one or two, but who cares, the free PR would be worth the trouble.

Some people think they can say anything, lies do hurt a business and they should pay!
Weather

Blairsville, GA

#17 Jan 22, 2013
And dope growers

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18 Jan 22, 2013
Thrift stores do help local communities during these hard economic times.
crash

Blairsville, GA

#19 Jan 22, 2013
Boots3 wrote:
It's at the junction to Hayesville where chicago pizza was
crash

Blairsville, GA

#20 Jan 22, 2013
it's where chicago pizza was at junction to hayesville
no rest

Dawsonville, GA

#21 Jan 22, 2013
Local Pet Owner wrote:
<quoted text> Just WHERE in the HELL is it at, I would like to check it out, Quit all the SEWER mouthing...
me too
thrift shopper

Blairsville, GA

#22 Jan 22, 2013
Thrift stores are big business now. I love thrifting and looking for bargains. I intend to go to Mega Thrift tomorrow, to check out the store. Why pay full price when you can buy good merchandise at thrift stores for a fraction of retail. Just makes good sense to try to save money. The more thrift stores the better.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiawassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 31 min rename 53,376
towns county Indian period 48 min L WALLS 12
Taco Bell 2 hr Moutain lover 3
Missing Ingles Assistant Mgr 3 hr Longtime supporter 4
TC Fotball 4 hr L WALLS 11
Young Harris 27 yr.old man MISSING 6 hr mellonhead 1
brmemc and terry taylor 10 hr My Two Senses 322
anderson's 12 hr mtn living 7
•••

Hiawassee News Video

•••
Hiawassee Dating

more search filters