Blue Ridge, GA

#1 Apr 28, 2011
Any reports?
Yes

Hiawassee, GA

#2 Apr 28, 2011
ghoti wrote:
Any reports?
Yes, Dumbo, there was storm damage last night.
bonkersguy

Atlanta, GA

#3 Apr 28, 2011
Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, we may disagree on everything. I'm asking for everybody to get a free pass on this one.
Godzilla

Jefferson, GA

#4 Apr 28, 2011
Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
I just knew, you could not resist calling someone a dumbo. Get off topix you damn troll!
Godzilla

Jefferson, GA

#5 Apr 28, 2011
Anyways, i was told, there was a mudslide that covered the road in the town creek area.
Jack

Hiawassee, GA

#6 Apr 28, 2011
Godzilla wrote:
<quoted text>
I just knew, you could not resist calling someone a dumbo. Get off topix you damn troll!
You don't know Jack.
PraiseITup

Dawsonville, GA

#7 Apr 28, 2011
Lots of damage in the Clayton area and Helen area with trees and power lines down. I heard rds were closed a lot of places. I wonder if they had school.
informer

Cornelia, GA

#8 Apr 28, 2011
Godzilla wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignore the troll- its the same hand- wringing, bed wetting liberal who at one moment decries "bullying" in schools and practices bullying every chance it gets. Trolls such as this have to resort to name calling because they haven't the intelect to engage on a civil level. Isn't that right bugsy?
That

Hiawassee, GA

#9 Apr 28, 2011
informer wrote:
<quoted text>Ignore the troll- its the same hand- wringing, bed wetting liberal who at one moment decries "bullying" in schools and practices bullying every chance it gets. Trolls such as this have to resort to name calling because they haven't the intelect to engage on a civil level. Isn't that right bugsy?
That would be "intellect", Dumbo. Also, Dipstick, it's "it's", and, for consistency, should be "handwringing, bedwetting", or "hand-wringing, bed-wetting". You meant, as well, "Isn't that right, Bugsy?", however we all recognize that you're a moron.
Hiawassee Misser

Parrish, FL

#10 Apr 28, 2011
Had to stay in Florida past few months. Wish we could here what the damage was in Hiawassee area. They haven't said much on TV because of all the huge devastation elsewhere. Are we just talking a few downed trees?
Godzilla

Jefferson, GA

#11 Apr 28, 2011
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know Jack.
I'm sorry, I do not know Jack. Is he a friend of yours? Hush troll.
Wesa

Dawsonville, GA

#12 Apr 29, 2011
Hiawassee Misser wrote:
Had to stay in Florida past few months. Wish we could here what the damage was in Hiawassee area. They haven't said much on TV because of all the huge devastation elsewhere. Are we just talking a few downed trees?

Not much damage in the Hiawassee area. I did hear thea both the road over to Helen (75 over Tray mountain, Unicoi gap) and the road between Blairsville and Blood Mountain (Neels gap) were closed in the morning due to so many downed trees.
Thanks

Hiawassee, GA

#13 Apr 29, 2011
Wesa wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much damage in the Hiawassee area. I did hear thea both the road over to Helen (75 over Tray mountain, Unicoi gap) and the road between Blairsville and Blood Mountain (Neels gap) were closed in the morning due to so many downed trees.
Thanks for the breaking news.
Wesa

Dawsonville, GA

#14 Apr 29, 2011
Thanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the breaking news.
The only damage we saw today in the Helen area is about midway between Helen and the foot of the mountain, it looks like a tornado went through out there and tore up about 1/2 mile of forest and power lines. They are working in the area to restore the power lines, but it looks like it will take a while. There were many trees of a about 2' diameter just snapped off about 8' up.
How

Hiawassee, GA

#15 Apr 29, 2011
Wesa wrote:
<quoted text>
The only damage we saw today in the Helen area is about midway between Helen and the foot of the mountain, it looks like a tornado went through out there and tore up about 1/2 mile of forest and power lines. They are working in the area to restore the power lines, but it looks like it will take a while. There were many trees of a about 2' diameter just snapped off about 8' up.
How about that damage at Lake Rabun and Mountain City and at Cleveland, TN. The weather is achanging.
Hiawassee Misser

Parrish, FL

#16 Apr 29, 2011
Thanks Wesa !!
PraiseITup

Dawsonville, GA

#17 Apr 30, 2011
2nd worst outbreak of storms in history according to news
piperaro

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#18 Apr 30, 2011
We live in cullman, al. we have massive damage from the tornados here.We have a second home close to downtown hiawassee,ga and we are unable to leave our business here to go and check our home in hiawassee. Can anyone PLEASE give me any information on the storm damage in hiawassee. Thank You!!!!
ghoti

Blue Ridge, GA

#19 May 1, 2011
Don't think there was any damage in the city area.
I drove to Clayton and saw damage along 76 on both sides just to the east of Persimmon Rd.
There was a roadblock in a residential area just north of Moccasin creek at Lake Burton.
now boy

Jefferson, GA

#20 May 1, 2011
informer wrote:
<quoted text>Ignore the troll- its the same hand- wringing, bed wetting liberal who at one moment decries "bullying" in schools and practices bullying every chance it gets. Trolls such as this have to resort to name calling because they haven't the intelect to engage on a civil level. Isn't that right bugsy?
Why do some dumb a$$ conservatives like you have to make EVERYTHING political. So you call the guy a liberal bed wetting troll. And them claim he/she has to resort to name calling because of lack of intellect. Then you proceed to do the same thing. You make no mention of all the destruction around Lake Burton and Helen areas, cause you don't care. It was not reported on FOX NEWS so it must be a lie or just not that important. If you are so smart, maybe you should learn to spell intellect. Ain't that right boy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiawassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wayne whidden 42 min ccc 1
Wayne Whidden for Towns County Sheriff 2016 48 min Waste 31
Poll Who has your vote for sheriff? 1 hr Some Things Never... 242
TC Football 11 hr Information Seeker 92
Grocery store 11 hr Information Seeker 6
Brandon lee Anderson 18 hr UpToNoGood 3
gumlog garbage (Sep '07) Sat Iwonder 214
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hiawassee Mortgages