Replying

Young Harris, GA

#62 Jan 24, 2013
Loader operator wrote:
<quoted text>
A new slide started last week. About 200,000 cu. yd. have broken loose and will continue to slide down. The original slide moved about 10 feet last Friday.
Bill has the fire department spraying the clay off the road into the ditch every morning after a rain. From there is runs down nto the lake. The lake you can't eat fish out of anymore.
A picture is worth a thousand lies, er, words.
Loader operator

Homer, GA

#63 Jan 24, 2013
Replying wrote:
<quoted text>
A picture is worth a thousand lies, er, words.
Just take a drive by. The new slide starts about half way up the north end of the old slide and runs to the top of the mountain. Today a picture is not proof of anything. Go see it with your own eyes.
Or next time it rains go by at 7:00 AM and watch our fire department in action cleaning up the mess from the night before.
Replying

Young Harris, GA

#64 Jan 24, 2013
Loader operator wrote:
<quoted text> Today a picture is not proof of anything.
I wouldn't advise trying to sell that notion to a jury.
Who cares

United States

#65 Jan 24, 2013
Can you say photoshop. I drove by Monday. Big new crack runs to to of mountain. Bill is an idiot for buying that pig.
Replying

Young Harris, GA

#66 Jan 24, 2013
Who cares wrote:
Can you say photoshop. I drove by Monday. Big new crack runs to to of mountain. Bill is an idiot for buying that pig.
No photoshop magic with these. Like the saying, trust but always verify.
Mud Pit

Cornelia, GA

#67 Jan 25, 2013
Thanks to whomever posted the new Pictures. They clearly show the new slides. I'm so glad we have the Mountain Protection Act to protect our beautiful mountains. Keep up the good work Bill.
Concerned

Chagrin Falls, OH

#68 Jan 25, 2013
Anyone know how far from the water tank the dirt slide is?
Replying

Young Harris, GA

#69 Jan 25, 2013
Concerned wrote:
Anyone know how far from the water tank the dirt slide is?
Thirty yards +/-
Local Pet Owner

Toccoa, GA

#70 Jan 25, 2013
Mud Pit wrote:
Thanks to whomever posted the new Pictures. They clearly show the new slides. I'm so glad we have the Mountain Protection Act to protect our beautiful mountains. Keep up the good work Bill.
What is so sad is that over 58% of the people(Idiots) in Towns Co. voted to relect this BOZO, he will only be 80 when he leaves office or runs for relection, It is SUCH an Honor to die in office in Towns Co..
rel

Hiawassee, GA

#71 Jan 25, 2013
Local Pet Owner wrote:
<quoted text> What is so sad is that over 58% of the people(Idiots) in Towns Co. voted to relect this BOZO, he will only be 80 when he leaves office or runs for relection, It is SUCH an Honor to die in office in Towns Co..
"relect"?

"relection"?

Nice job, Dumbo (Idiot). So sad.
Sponge Bob

Blairsville, GA

#72 Jan 25, 2013
rel wrote:
<quoted text>
"relect"?
"relection"?
Nice job, Dumbo (Idiot). So sad.
Dude get off of peoples a$$es. Is this all you know how to do? I am sick of you putting people down! Who gives a SHI? if a word is miss spelled. If it bothers you so bad go to another site.
Lighten - up

Twinsburg, OH

#73 Jan 26, 2013
lets lighten up a bit and name that crack. nothing personal please.
Man up

Texarkana, TX

#74 Jan 27, 2013
Lighten - up wrote:
I say we call it Willy's Mud Slide or TwoDick Trench. There are a couple hilarious chapters on the mud hole in Hellawassee.com
Lighten - up

United States

#75 Jan 29, 2013
Tour of Ditches and Cracks.
At least it isn't stopped up.
Wake Up

Jefferson, GA

#76 Jan 29, 2013
Man up wrote:
<quoted text> I say we call it Willy's Mud Slide or TwoDick Trench. There are a couple hilarious chapters on the mud hole in Hellawassee.com
. Call it what you like, but it's the TAXPAYERS of Towns County that is stuck with the bill this BOZO created...
Hiawassee

Young Harris, GA

#77 Jan 29, 2013
Lighten - up wrote:
The money pit
Contract

Young Harris, GA

#78 Jan 30, 2013
Something dramatic, like:

The Death Pit or...
The Red Pit Of Death or...
The Toom Of Doom or...
The Crack (my favorite) or...
Bill's Butt Crack or...
The Big Split or...
The Money Pit or...
The Devil's Hovel!

We're expected to get one hell of a rain today, maybe one or two inches, which might start bringing down the remaining trees and change the landscape yet again.

Film at six anyone?
Contact

Young Harris, GA

#79 Jan 30, 2013
My better 3/4 suggests calling it "The Red Scarpit."
Lighten - up

Twinsburg, OH

#80 Jan 30, 2013
How did it hold up today? Maybe call it "The Ooze".
Not good

Texarkana, TX

#81 Jan 30, 2013
Lighten - up wrote:
How did it hold up today? Maybe call it "The Ooze".
The cracks shifted about another 10 feet down and the top one looks like it is running into the trees above now. The ditch and road are full of red mud. The fire department will be there in the morning to wash it into the lake.
The lower side banks are now going. Big washes all along the front of them. The field areas are all uneven with big holes where the fill is settleing. It will be a mess forever. Bills Folly. That sucking noise you hear when you drive by is your tax dollar being sucked into a black hole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiawassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fair 4 hr Amos 2
Bonnie Allen 5 hr Save the dogs 42
Linda Curtis for Sheriff 8 hr His alone count 976
Go Liz go Linda 8 hr Olive 2
Sheriff's Departments Rumors 11 hr No longer there 10
Troubled times ahead! 18 hr The WB 172
New Emc Mgr salary Sat THE WB 16

Hiawassee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance