Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Come on folks! How many of you know that Gerdes worked for CC at one time? How many of you know he was a top paid employee when he did work for CC? How many of you know that if he is elected he would have to pay back that favor to CC? How many of you know he will not stand a chance even getting close? Just as I thought!
Why

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

If he has no chance then why are you on TOPIX running him down? Perhaps you are concerned that the voters in Towns County might wake up and see Bill Kendall for what he is? A hateful, vengeful, corrupt life long politician who now has very serious mental issues, which are being covered up by people trying to protect their jobs. People who know once Bill is gone and the County books are audited, several people may go to jail and everyone will know the truth. Is that what you are worried about?
Swain

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

Why wrote:
If he has no chance then why are you on TOPIX running him down? Perhaps you are concerned that the voters in Towns County might wake up and see Bill Kendall for what he is? A hateful, vengeful, corrupt life long politician who now has very serious mental issues, which are being covered up by people trying to protect their jobs. People who know once Bill is gone and the County books are audited, several people may go to jail and everyone will know the truth. Is that what you are worried about?
Sounds like someone else here is vengeful... That being you.
JoKe

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Top Hat wrote:
Come on folks! How many of you know that Gerdes worked for CC at one time? How many of you know he was a top paid employee when he did work for CC? How many of you know that if he is elected he would have to pay back that favor to CC? How many of you know he will not stand a chance even getting close? Just as I thought!
When? Any facts to back up your claim or just a lot of hot air?
BK Supporter

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Besides that we are going to register at least 500 college students to vote Kendall/Osborn! You bunch of move in yankee trash and local losers don't stand a chance!

Since: Sep 12

Murphy, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

BK Supporter wrote:
Besides that we are going to register at least 500 college students to vote Kendall/Osborn! You bunch of move in yankee trash and local losers don't stand a chance!
WE, you mean there are more of you,God help us!Maybe someday you will get to meet some of us local losers,most of us do not scare easily.
IFMC

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

obviously
the guess who wrote:
<quoted text>WE, you mean there are more of you,God help us!Maybe someday you will get to meet some of us local losers,most of us do not scare easily.
obviously you do scare easily. your hiding behind a computer screen running your puppy dog mouth. Why not get out and about in Towns County and do it to "locals" face to face. Wait. I know why. Because they would wipe the floor with your ass and send you home with your tail tucked.
Auditor

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Why wrote:
Auditors,are there on a regular basis,public record..Also it is said sheriff is more interested in the commish race than his own...This will cost him some votes in his own party...not good.
LMAO

Young Harris, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

JoKe wrote:
<quoted text>When? Any facts to back up your claim or just a lot of hot air?
Name one positive thing Kendall has done for the community. The 2nd senior center isn't needed and the mud pit....
Wrong

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Auditor wrote:
<quoted text>Auditors,are there on a regular basis,public record..Also it is said sheriff is more interested in the commish race than his own...This will cost him some votes in his own party...not good.
The only books BK allows to be viewed by the auditors are the ones he chooses. There has not been a complete audit since he took office. That's a fact.
Lived there

Young Harris, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Judged:

Auditor wrote:
<quoted text>Auditors,are there on a regular basis,public record...
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the "auditors," who are accountants (book-keepers) employed by the state, basically "balance the check-book" they're shown. That's all.

They DO NOT make calls on what's right, wrong, wasted, mis-spent or criminal - e.g. they do not determine if the books have been cooked, something politicians everywhere excel in doing. ONLY CPAs, who are NOT government employees, do that, and they are relentless and far more brutal than any IRS auditor!

If they spot anything that isn't just right, they'll bored down through the layers like a badger and uncover the entire paper trail no matter who goes to jail. Failure to do so can cost them their business license, reputations and careers!

Towns hasn't had a full audit done by an outside CPA firm in at least twenty years. There are two reasons it hasn't been done here; one, they're expensive and two, because they might show what is actually happening to our tax dollars.

Since: Sep 12

Murphy, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

IFMC wrote:
obviously <quoted text>obviously you do scare easily. your hiding behind a computer screen running your puppy dog mouth. Why not get out and about in Towns County and do it to "locals" face to face. Wait. I know why. Because they would wipe the floor with your ass and send you home with your tail tucked.
I was responding to the comments of BK Supporter,because of how he is trying to make citizens scared of their commissioner.By the way,I do get out,I work with the public 5 days a week.you have no idea who your talking to,look at you,I don't see your name and directions to your house on here either.I am a local,born and raised here,and most all of my family and friends are locals too.You never know someday they might just wipe the floor with your ass and send you home with no tail!!
JoKe

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one positive thing Kendall has done for the community. The 2nd senior center isn't needed and the mud pit....
This response had nothing to do with Kendall but with the poster's false claims about Gerdes "working " for Clinton.
JoKe

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Auditor wrote:
<quoted text>Auditors,are there on a regular basis,public record..Also it is said sheriff is more interested in the commish race than his own...This will cost him some votes in his own party...not good.
Maybe that's because Clinton knows he has nothing to worry about. The people of Towns County have seen the good that Clinton has done. And they still remember the Osborn name and it's link to the corruption and mess Clinton had to come in and clean up. End of story.
they

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the "auditors," who are accountants (book-keepers) employed by the state, basically "balance the check-book" they're shown. That's all.
They DO NOT make calls on what's right, wrong, wasted, mis-spent or criminal - e.g. they do not determine if the books have been cooked, something politicians everywhere excel in doing. ONLY CPAs, who are NOT government employees, do that, and they are relentless and far more brutal than any IRS auditor!
If they spot anything that isn't just right, they'll bored down through the layers like a badger and uncover the entire paper trail no matter who goes to jail. Failure to do so can cost them their business license, reputations and careers!
Towns hasn't had a full audit done by an outside CPA firm in at least twenty years. There are two reasons it hasn't been done here; one, they're expensive and two, because they might show what is actually happening to our tax dollars.
"they'll bored down"? You may not understand verb tenses, but you surely ought to know about boring, what with your interminable stupid, useless, witless, whining posts.

Write much, Dumbo?
Wesa

Clarkesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Please check your facts. Auditors are independent accounting firms with CPA's that specialize in goverment audits - they are not employed by the state.

The audit reports are a matter of public record.
Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider This

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Top Hat wrote:
Now we all know that kendall has refused to debate Gerdes. Wonder why ? Is he hiding something ?
Resigned

Young Harris, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

From talking with Gerdes, he apparently hasn't even looked at the budget, doesn't know squat about the job, wasn't even aware there is a paid industrial development board, doesn't have any ideas or solutions much less a plan on how to improve things around here.

All that comes out of his mouth is the usual BS all politicians promise.

He's just another Bill Kendall.
BOOHOO

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Consider This wrote:
<quoted text>Now we all know that kendall has refused to debate Gerdes. Wonder why ? Is he hiding something ?
like I said. Bill doesn't need to debate.. He has already won.
JoKe

Anniston, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

BOOHOO wrote:
<quoted text>like I said. Bill doesn't need to debate.. He has already won.
Is it November 7th already? The only thing your pal has won is the chicken award for refusing to debate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Hiawassee Forum right now

Search the Hiawassee Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New business in town 40 min Sharing the love 132
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 hr Synergy 52,038
appalachain outlaws (Jan '14) 4 hr Dirty 38
Fun World Movies 13 hr PRO 5
brmemc and terry taylor 13 hr Pay your bill 264
need home for Chiwhuahuas Mon Rescue 2
Replacement for Towns County Superintendent Sc... Mon Mountain Local 4
The School and Ms. Williams Mon parakeet 52
•••
•••

Hiawassee News Video

•••
•••

Hiawassee Jobs